GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2018, 09:37   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2783707
Thanks Meter: 189
[PSA] iPhones with "Choose Carrier" screen can be PERMANENTLY UNLOCKED

On this screen select Verizon.

The phone will become factory unlocked (because Verizon phones are unlocked)!

Old 04-21-2018, 13:02   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2821262
Thanks Meter: 1
O.O

More info please
Old 04-21-2018, 18:28   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraptol View Post
O.O

More info please
All phones that you get at an apple store are actually unlocked when the store gets them (the ones for replacement). The genius just picks what carrier your phone is locked to when taking the phone out of the box. Occasionally, they forget.

It works to pick Verizon to unlock it because Verizon phones aren't even locked.
The Following User Says Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 19:40   #4 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 2446529
Thanks Meter: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotgeek1 View Post
All phones that you get at an apple store are actually unlocked when the store gets them (the ones for replacement). The genius just picks what carrier your phone is locked to when taking the phone out of the box. Occasionally, they forget.

It works to pick Verizon to unlock it because Verizon phones aren't even locked.
Not true, ive purchased and replaced many iPhones from the apple store. Most of the time they hand them to me in the box sealed. It has never asked me to pick carrier unless i specifically buy or replace an unlocked one. They have carrier locked iphones at the store.
Old 04-21-2018, 19:56   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 927532
Thanks Meter: 7
Had that happen to me as well. Chose Verizon, all good until I did a reset and it went back to original carrier I had when phone was exchanged. Hope yours stays unlocked for good. When you do a reset or restore, it reverts back to the original carrier forever (seems to only work on 8/Plus/X, and only on "Apple Store" wifi.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Moody69 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 11:40   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

And it should work even if your iphone is locked by another carrier, like at&t, sprint or others?
Old 04-22-2018, 15:17   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2772384
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:

So what we need to do go to apple store and how will our phone be like urs so we can pick it not the tech guy
Old 04-23-2018, 17:34   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyapr View Post
So what we need to do go to apple store and how will our phone be like urs so we can pick it not the tech guy
You can't really do that. It only happens when Apple makes a mistake when they manufacture the phone and don't pick a carrier for it to be locked to.
Old 04-23-2018, 17:35   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
And it should work even if your iphone is locked by another carrier, like at&t, sprint or others?
Yes. Because it's not actually locked yet. You're the one picking.
Old 04-23-2018, 17:37   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by munozvo5 View Post
Not true, ive purchased and replaced many iPhones from the apple store. Most of the time they hand them to me in the box sealed. It has never asked me to pick carrier unless i specifically buy or replace an unlocked one. They have carrier locked iphones at the store.
This only happens very rarely. Just because it's never happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just Google "iPhone choose carrier screen".
Old 04-24-2018, 09:02   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes. Because it's not actually locked yet. You're the one picking.
Thank you, now I think I got it.

This screen appears only once "sometimes" when you use for the first time your "replacement" phone.
I thought you could reach to that screen through the rsim menu "select carrier" but I guess is not the same. I'm wrong?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:35   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Thank you, now I think I got it.

This screen appears only once "sometimes" when you use for the first time your "replacement" phone.
I thought you could reach to that screen through the rsim menu "select carrier" but I guess is not the same. I'm wrong?
You're wrong. this screen shows after the please wait a few minutes to activate your iphone. It's displayed by the activation server when there is no activation policy at all (you would see that on GSX)