GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 15:09   #811 (permalink)

Member: 2101374
Thanks Meter: 0
International unlock

Does anyone know how sprint unlock iphone 5c for international use? Is it through software update or by giving any unlock codes?
Old 02-16-2014, 15:45   #812 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2094769
Thanks Meter: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anishthk View Post
Does anyone know how sprint unlock iphone 5c for international use? Is it through software update or by giving any unlock codes?
Sprint can unlock it for you under certain conditions if you are the original owner o the device, it called factory unlock and it will be good for use only outside of the usa.
Old 02-16-2014, 17:49   #813 (permalink)

Member: 2101374
Quote:
Originally Posted by futur View Post
Sprint can unlock it for you under certain conditions if you are the original owner o the device, it called factory unlock and it will be good for use only outside of the usa.
I know that. What i am trying to understand is how Sprint does this. Will they do a software update on the phone or do we need to connect to ITunes to unlock it for international use? Trying to understand what changes happens to system files for international unlock.
Old 02-16-2014, 18:06   #814 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
Activation lock on only the original carrier of the phone normally. When Apple agrees to factory unlock the phone by request of original carrier, the activation lock is removed, so every SIM card is like original carrier. In some cases like Sprint phones not attached to any account, you have only partial activation with R-SIM. You will see "iPhone is Not Activated" message even with original Sprint SIM. Sometimes, you can insert the SIM only to see Activation Required and then the R-SIM plus SIM to get proper activation. In the 5S/5C CDMA case and some new iPhone 5 and 5S/5C carrier models, IMSI+GID2 code is needed, so R-SIM cannot spoof this.

Last edited by SIMTester; 02-16-2014 at 18:15.
The Following User Says Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 18:07   #815 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1415048
Thanks Meter: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anishthk View Post
I know that. What i am trying to understand is how Sprint does this. Will they do a software update on the phone or do we need to connect to ITunes to unlock it for international use? Trying to understand what changes happens to system files for international unlock.
Connect it to iTunes and restore your iphone when unlock is done.

AFAIK They will send some MSIL Code.
The Following User Says Thank You to coolnitman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 23:01   #816 (permalink)
Temporary banned !!

Member: 2127068
Thanks Meter: 51
What if i copy the whole iPhone carrier bundles from a factory unlocked 5c to my Sprint 5C will that replace the carrier locked files and will allow me to use the phone outside USA? What do you think guys
Old 02-17-2014, 00:13   #817 (permalink)

Member: 2070146
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlingjose View Post
Hi guys someone send me this link fromthis guy in Atlanta, i'm outside usa but if anyone can try and let us know

atlanta(dot)craigslist (dot) org/ atl /mob/ 4330280312(dot) html

Remove the spaces and check it out
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this atlanta guy is not fake, then i'd like to take chance with my county's down-town guy. He gonna do unlock i5c- sprint with some chip in 70 bucks.
Old 02-17-2014, 00:49   #818 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman View Post
Is that right? Because on Sprint they say that the phone has to be activated for 90 days on a Sprint account with good standing.
So, if what you is true then, if I buy a brand new Sprint phone from eBay, then do I need to pay anything to activate and unlock it on my friend's Sprint account? Please tell me.
------------------------------------------------------
No need to buy brand new sprint phone from ebay. as u activating any phone from sprint ,they charge u for new line. It's better to get new line from sprint n get iphone 5c free, as a deal from sprint. they give free iphone 5c with new activation.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:14   #819 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlingjose View Post
What if i copy the whole iPhone carrier bundles from a factory unlocked 5c to my Sprint 5C will that replace the carrier locked files and will allow me to use the phone outside USA? What do you think guys
------------------------------------------------------------------------

It just waste of time. I already tried this. I deleted my lockdown n carrier bundle folder from sprint i5c, n replace them with my factory unlocked i5c. but, at the end it doesn't make any difference.

I like to know one strange thing that, when i connect my i5c with itools it shows me not jailbroken, although i jb it n doing all these stuff. even my unlocked i5c also shows same thing. " not JB". help me out..
Old 02-17-2014, 01:47   #820 (permalink)
Temporary banned !!

Member: 2127068
Thanks Meter: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik261 View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------

It just waste of time. I already tried this. I deleted my lockdown n carrier bundle folder from sprint i5c, n replace them with my factory unlocked i5c. but, at the end it doesn't make any difference.

I like to know one strange thing that, when i connect my i5c with itools it shows me not jailbroken, although i jb it n doing all these stuff. even my unlocked i5c also shows same thing. " not JB". help me out..
That's Easy, go to cydia and isntall the tweak named afc2add, restart your phone and that's all your phone will show up as jailbroken
Old 02-17-2014, 02:29   #821 (permalink)

Member: 2122446
Thanks Meter: 6
I think what happens is more like:

- The pphone sends some info including the serial number, IMSI and whatnot, and a certificate request to iTunes
- iTunes sends this to Albert (apple activation server)
-Albert sends back an xml file (if the info is valid) or it sends back an HTML page that displays that your sim is not valid within iTunes.

This is step 1 and if you have R-SIM installed with the correct IMSI this step will pass.

Then iTunes sends the info back to the handset which makes an "activation ticket" and sends that to the baseband. Baseband has the final say on if the ticket is valid and if not, it will relock the phone. This is what happens with R-SIM on iphone 5c or 5s at the moment. The info is not good enough for the baseband.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:26   #822 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2094184
R-Sim 9 pro can unlock iphone 5s JP softbank ?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32   #823 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2031664
Thanks Meter: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by janpirate View Post
Whay dont you open new topic, this topic is only for Sprint
Old 02-17-2014, 11:13   #824 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2117377
Thanks Meter: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by janpirate View Post
get out of this topic, this topic jusst for 5s sprint, you wasted our time
Old 02-17-2014, 11:25   #825 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 40400
Thanks Meter: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by haonam7117 View Post
get out of this topic, this topic jusst for 5s sprint, you wasted our time
Don't be so angry That's the same CDMA 5s, like a Sprint 5s ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to ribbentrop For This Useful Post: