GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 12:32   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 2022943
Thanks Meter: 2
R-SIM Air iPhone 4S CDMA

Hi.
Can anyone tell me precisely if r-sim air is fully working (sms, internet, etc.) on iphone 4s locked to CDMA carriers (like sprint, verizon)?
Simcard is 64kb (no 3g, 4g).

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2014, 18:54   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
64K will work for 2G/3G and SMS no problem on 7.1 with most GPP and R-SIM Air. It even works with 128K SIM on 7.1 if Settings, Phone, shows My Number as US number.
Old 03-28-2014, 21:54   #3 (permalink)
Major Poster

no problems with bad esn?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:48   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Bad ESN doesn't matter for 64K SIM. Unactivated + Bad ESN won't send SMS with 128K SIM.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:48   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2094769
Thanks Meter: 76
CDMA iphone with Bad esn will not work with rsim.
Old 03-29-2014, 18:43   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Yes, it will; I tested with 64K SIM, and it works with 128K SIM if it says Sprint/Verizon or Extended, but you can't get picture messages with 7.1 unless you use 64K SIM.
Old 03-29-2014, 19:50   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Sim when was the last CDMA iphone you have unlocked with bad esn ?
Old 03-29-2014, 19:51   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

It used to be ok but not anymore since Sprint started to share the information with the rest of the carriers, so sorry but not anymore.
Old 03-30-2014, 19:11   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by futur View Post
Sim when was the last CDMA iphone you have unlocked with bad esn ?
I mean blocked MEID. IMEI is still clean(not lost/stolen). Just unpaid account. swappa.com/esn shows, "currently attached to a Sprint account and cannot be activated."
Old 03-31-2014, 07:20   #10 (permalink)
Major Poster

So bad esn can't be unlocked on 7.1 with any sim?
I'm planning to buy iphone 4s on 7.1 sprint/verizon with bad esn (cheapest).

What proxysim will unlock it? With sms, internet, etc.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:06   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Read the 2nd post.

So did more testing tonight:

64K 2G/3G SIM:

Sprint iPhone 4S 7.1, activated already(ignore Bad ESN as it isn't relevant here). Inserted SIM with R-SIM Air(7.8), no change in carrier bundle from Sprint 16.0, had to use iRose to Force 3G for service(T-Mobile 3G).

Inserted SIM with GPP(7.9), carrier changed from Sprint 16.0 to Carrier 16.0, Sprint network disappeared leaving only .... signal bars showing. Hit Force 3G in iRose and got T-Mobile 3G. Shut off iMessage to remove old Sprint number. Turned it back on and got nearly instant iMessage activation with my T-Mobile phone number.

Verizon 4S 7.1, unactivated(signal bars only, same as Bad ESN as long as it isn't stolen/blacklisted), inserted only GPP(7.9) with T-Mobile SIM because I knew R-SIM Air(7.8) didn't change carrier bundles even with 64K 2G/3G SIM based on previous tests(still need to test again).

I got full signal(T-Mobile, SIM card wasn't active, so I couldn't check if I had data, but usually you have to turn on Data Roaming for Verizon iPhones and some international iPhones(GSM). If you open Safari, it will tell you that Data Roaming is turned off meaning you need to turn it on for data). Carrier bundle changed from Verizon 16.0 to vf nl 16.0. Now here's the tricky part for US users. vf nl 16.0 allows APN editing for data/MMS. Verizon 16.0 doesn't; however, you can use the SIM swap trick. My assumption was R-SIM Air(7.8) makes no changes to the bundles, but because I wanted access to the APN, I used GPP(7.9). The penalty I paid(couldn't test this but I'm making assumptions) is I won't have iMessage activation with phone number(because the iPhone is sending texts to the default vf nl phonenumberregistrationgatewayaddress, and my caller ID will be screwed up because the Default.phoneformat file has somehow changed to NL or null as the default country instead of USA(+1 dialing code). To fix this, I should be able to add +1 to all my contacts. Again, I wasn't able to test this, but I'm making assumptions based on past experience.

To remedy this, I recommend using R-SIM Air(7.8) for Verizon iPhones in the USA(to fix caller ID) and GPP(7.9) outside the USA(for easy access to APN). Inside the USA, you will have to use the SIM swap trick(insert SIM by itself that supports APN editing like T-Mobile or Simple Mobile, go to Settings, Cellular, Cellular Data Network, wait for Activation Requred or No Service, insert R-SIM + SIM back in, wait for service(push Force 3G in iRose if necessary, go back to Settings, set APN and MMS APN, MMSC, MMS Proxy(required because you cannot delete main fields using SIM swap trick, only edit them).

Note that you cannot use SIM swap trick if you have a 64K or 128K 3G/4G/LTE-supported SIM card.

I still need to test with an activate T-Mobile SIM to verify the above assumptions are true for Verizon 4S 7.1. Note that the 2G/3G SIMs are pivotal because they support signal on unactivated CDMA iPhones(regardless of Bad ESN or Clean ESN; however Clean ESNs can be activated on the network before using iRose when a 64K SIM isn't available).

3G data is supported with 128K SIMs regardless for GPP above 7.0 and R-SIM Air above 7.6(all R-SIM Airs).
Old 03-31-2014, 08:07   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Read the 2nd post.

64K 2G/3G SIM:

Sprint iPhone 4S 7.1, activated already(ignore Bad ESN as it isn't relevant here). Inserted SIM with R-SIM Air(7.8), no change in carrier bundle from Sprint 16.0, had to use iRose to Force 3G for service(T-Mobile 3G).

Inserted SIM with GPP(7.9), carrier changed from Sprint 16.0 to Carrier 16.0, Sprint network disappeared leaving only .... signal bars showing. Hit Force 3G in iRose and got T-Mobile 3G. Shut off iMessage to remove old Sprint number. Turned it back on and got nearly instant iMessage activation with my T-Mobile phone number.

Verizon 4S 7.1, unactivated(signal bars only, same as Bad ESN as long as it isn't stolen/blacklisted), inserted only GPP(7.9) with T-Mobile SIM because I knew R-SIM Air(7.8) didn't change carrier bundles even with 64K 2G/3G SIM based on previous tests(still need to test again).

I got full signal(T-Mobile, SIM card wasn't active, so I couldn't check if I had data, but usually you have to turn on Data Roaming for Verizon iPhones and some international iPhones(GSM). If you open Safari, it will tell you that Data Roaming is turned off meaning you need to turn it on for data). Carrier bundle changed from Verizon 16.0 to vf nl 16.0. Now here's the tricky part for US users. vf nl 16.0 allows APN editing for data/MMS. Verizon 16.0 doesn't; however, you can use the SIM swap trick. My assumption was R-SIM Air(7.8) makes no changes to the bundles, but because I wanted access to the APN, I used GPP(7.9). The penalty I paid(couldn't test this but I'm making assumptions) is I won't have iMessage activation with phone number(because the iPhone is sending texts to the default vf nl phonenumberregistrationgatewayaddress, and my caller ID will be screwed up because the Default.phoneformat file has somehow changed to NL or null as the default country instead of USA(+1 dialing code). To fix this, I should be able to add +1 to all my contacts. Again, I wasn't able to test this, but I'm making assumptions based on past experience.

To remedy this, I recommend using R-SIM Air(7.8) for Verizon iPhones in the USA(to fix caller ID) and GPP(7.9) outside the USA(for easy access to APN). Inside the USA, you will have to use the SIM swap trick(insert SIM by itself that supports APN editing like T-Mobile or Simple Mobile, go to Settings, Cellular, Cellular Data Network, wait for Activation Requred or No Service, insert R-SIM + SIM back in, wait for service(push Force 3G in iRose if necessary, go back to Settings, set APN and MMS APN, MMSC, MMS Proxy(required because you cannot delete main fields using SIM swap trick, only edit them).

Note that you cannot use SIM swap trick if you have a 64K or 128K 3G/4G/LTE-supported SIM card.

I still need to test with an activate T-Mobile SIM to verify the above assumptions are true for Verizon 4S 7.1. Note that the 2G/3G SIMs are pivotal because they support signal on unactivated CDMA iPhones(regardless of Bad ESN or Clean ESN; however Clean ESNs can be activated on the network before using iRose when a 64K SIM isn't available).

3G data is supported with 128K SIMs regardless for GPP above 7.0 and R-SIM Air above 7.6(all R-SIM Airs) as long as Mode2 iOS6 is chosen prior to choosing the locked carrier of the iPhone 4S.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:28   #13 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
Read the 2nd post.

64K 2G/3G SIM:

Sprint iPhone 4S 7.1, activated already.....

Verizon 4S 7.1, unactivated(signal bars only, same as Bad ESN as long as it isn't stolen/blacklisted)...
Can you explain what means activated/unactivated? Am I right?

For example (sprint):
I can bypass activation with sprint sim, but it doesn't really activate the phone, 'cause it should be connected to any sprint account.
I guess there is no way to activate it by myself?

Unactivated - the most popular on ebay. Two species:
- Released from existent sprint accounts
- Those with bad esn.
Old 03-31-2014, 14:14   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

In my opinion if you are in the USA don't buy a bad esn you will save a lot of trouble for yourself, if you are outside of the USA then it should be fine and it will work.
Old 03-31-2014, 14:27   #15 (permalink)
Major Poster

I'm not in US.
Moreover, my carrier doesn't support 3g/4g.