GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 08:37   #361 (permalink)

Member: 2102460
Thanks Meter: 1

Hi, I've posted a topic about my experience. For me it worked with a GEVEY Ultra S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2014, 19:46   #362 (permalink)

Member: 2034018
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
I recommend using R-SIM Air or GPP to edit the Settings, Phone portion. You must insert a SIM card to access Settings, Phone regardless.

In conclusion, the best GPP available are the packages that say Sprint 6.1.3 or Verizon 6.1.3, which will work on iOS 6.0-7.0.4. Sprint & Verizon do require a jailbreak with the cydia.neterteam.com source and the 4S Neterteam iOS 7 patch unless you're using a 2G SIM card.

R-SIM Airs(all version 7.6-7.8) also work well, but you must select Mode2 3G iOS6 prior to choosing the carrier at the bottom of the menu.
Hello SimTester,

I recently got the Rsim Air V7.8. You and the other guys help on GSM Forums has been great.

I've used the older v 7.6 card and that thing just didn't make any sense. Well, I'm now using v7.8 on a Verizon IPhone 4s ios 7.0.4 (trying to unlock to T-mobile).

So.. I just want to get clarification. With this RSIM Air Card....
There appears to be two ways to unlock the carrier with Sprint/Verizon Iphone 4s's running on ios 7. I just want to confirm with you:

Method 1 WITHOUT JAILBREAK) Select Mode 4 and select your locked carrier (ie US Ver/US Spr).
Then install irosetool and force 2g patch. In this method, you will only have 2g data, texting, and voice calls.

Method 2 WITH JAILBREAK) Install jailbreak and cydia(dot)neterteam source patch. Then insert rsim air and select MODE 2 ios6 3g and Select locked carrier (IE US Ver/US Spr). Click accept and restart the phone.
In this method, I will have access to the 2g/3g toggle switch in Settings>Cellular

I forgot, there is Method 3 (use pc software 3g patch with activation code)... but I'm too cheap to buy the activation code.

Thanks,
aleksdude
Old 01-30-2014, 03:11   #363 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1938435
Thanks Meter: 208
Donate money to this user
Activation code is only good for iOS 6 probably. Some people have luck with iOS 7, but I think the patch is the same as iRose, so why bother? iRose is necessary if you have old 64K SIM and don't want to jailbreak. Method 2 is the best. I have my own method because it doesn't delete the default Verizon bundle, but maybe this is a good thing because Verizon is forcing a vodafone nl 15.6 update. I can't figure out how to stop this update yet without the neterteam patch.
Old 01-30-2014, 17:41   #364 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 2100051
Thanks Meter: 14
people stick with it these rsim air version 7.6,7.7,7.8 100% work on all iphone 4s (verizon/sprint/atat/cricket/virgin) etc...

Always choose mode 2 don't waste time with other modes.

if atat 4s then no jailbreak, neterteam repo needed to get 3g

If any other 4s please jailbreak and install cydia.neterteam.com then install 3g patch

open safari and go to www.rsim5.com/nano4g install irose tool

then reset with your sim card and rsim air in device, Sometimes the phone goes to activation screen on sprint/verizon 4s just eject sim, pass activation then reinsert rsim air and your (tmobile) sim card

A couple reboots and / or irose force 2g / force 3g is required to get signal the first time

I always turn off cellular data when trying to get signal the first time, then after tmobile signal is found I turn on cellular data, seems to work better for me

Just stick with it people I have unlocked over 100 4s just this week for my shop
Old 01-30-2014, 23:23   #365 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Are you 100% sure Neterteam repo is needed for AT&T 3G? I thought jailbreak is only needed for Verizon/Sprint for 3G data. I tested a few last week, but I'm not 100% sure with 128K SIMs.
Old 01-31-2014, 00:12   #366 (permalink)
No Life Poster

The one downfall of the R-SIM Air is when you ship it to a customer, they have to choose the setup. It's nice with GPP that it's preprogrammed. Hopefully, future versions of the R-SIM Air allow the carrier to be locked into the unlock SIM memory like the new R-SIM Mini for GSM 5/5S/5C. The downfall of the R-SIM Mini of course is the fragility when inserting it in the phone, which is nearly impossible to do without bending on a cut SIM. Official nano SIM has no problems fitting, but it doesn't support 3G with nano SIMs.
Old 01-31-2014, 00:47   #367 (permalink)

Member: 2079174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMTester View Post
Are you 100% sure Neterteam repo is needed for AT&T 3G? I thought jailbreak is only needed for Verizon/Sprint for 3G data. I tested a few last week, but I'm not 100% sure with 128K SIMs.
Does the RSIM mode2 - jailbreak Neterteam - IROSE method also give you working iMessage and Facetime?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:19   #368 (permalink)
No Life Poster

iMessage and FaceTime require a number in My Number, even if it's not your number. AT&T 4S automatically adds this number from the SIM card. For Verizon and Sprint 4S, you can use R-SIM Air to edit the number. Neterteam patch deletes the Sprint/Verizon bundles and forces the iPhone to use the Default bundle. Outside the US, this will enable FaceTime and iMessage. Inside the US, it depends on if your carrier allows international texting for activation. If it doesn't, then you need to install the Commcenter Patch and edit the activation number in the Default.plist. I personally don't use the Neter patch, but it's easier to use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2014, 04:04   #369 (permalink)

Member: 2118769
Thanks Meter: 0
Flaky T-mobile service on iPhone 4S iOS 7.04 with GPP, formerly Verizon

Very happy to find this forum!

I just set up my iPhone 4S using a new GPP (not sure how to tell the version number). After a small number of false starts, I was able to get it to connect with T-Mobile, but I get either 0 or 1 dot, and it frequently goes to "No service." When I try to make a call it either loses service or immediately says "Call ended," so I have not managed to make any other phone even ring. My Nexus 4 has 4 bars on T-Mobile. I installed the unlockit dot co dot nz APN to see if that would help, it doesn't seem to.

I'm hoping someone will have a helpful suggestion! Thanks...
Old 02-01-2014, 07:19   #370 (permalink)

Member: 2047874
Who know what's differents in RSIM AIR between mode1, mode2, mode3, mode4? Where I can read about it? Thx
Old 02-01-2014, 08:08   #371 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinky View Post
Very happy to find this forum!

I just set up my iPhone 4S using a new GPP (not sure how to tell the version number). After a small number of false starts, I was able to get it to connect with T-Mobile, but I get either 0 or 1 dot, and it frequently goes to "No service." When I try to make a call it either loses service or immediately says "Call ended," so I have not managed to make any other phone even ring. My Nexus 4 has 4 bars on T-Mobile. I installed the unlockit dot co dot nz APN to see if that would help, it doesn't seem to.

I'm hoping someone will have a helpful suggestion! Thanks...
You need to jailbreak with evasi0n.com tool from your computer. Then wait for Cydia to update on your iPhone. Go to Manage tab at the bottom, Sources, edit, add Cydia.neterteam.com in the box. Click Done. Now click on that repo and install 4S Neterteam patch IOS 7. Then you can reboot if you see No Service. If you don't like jailbreaking, you can also purchase a 39.01a T-Mobile SIM on eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to SIMTester For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2014, 09:02   #372 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paveluoker View Post
Who know what's differents in RSIM AIR between mode1, mode2, mode3, mode4? Where I can read about it? Thx

Pls, who know answer it
Old 02-02-2014, 13:51   #373 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2094769
Thanks Meter: 76
The different modes options were made according to your ios number.
Old 02-02-2014, 18:27   #374 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by futur View Post
The different modes options were made according to your ios number.

Have 2g mode ios6-7, 3G mode iOS 6-7, mode 4 ios7 what's different?
Old 02-02-2014, 21:56   #375 (permalink)
No Life Poster

You need 2G mode if your SIM card is old and you don't plan to jailbreak for Sprint/Verizon models. You need 3G mode if you have Cydia and installed the Neterteam patch from cydia.neterteam.com or if you have an AT&T 4S. Not too sure what Mode 4 does.