GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   R-SIM & GEVEY SIM (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f819/)
-   -   RSIM 11 on Total Wireless iPhone 6 - to work with MintSim (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f819/rsim-11-total-wireless-iphone-6-work-mintsim-2294453/)

tcsekhar 11-29-2017 16:03

RSIM 11 on Total Wireless iPhone 6 - to work with MintSim

I saw that RSIM 11 would unlock a Total Wireless phone. When I try it on my phone, I get into a Activation Loop and don't get the RSIM menu.

I have a unlocked iPhone 7 and was able to get to the RSIM menu from that phone when I inserted the MintSim along with the RSIM 11 into that unlocked iPhone 7. But, I don't see Total Wireless in the carriers list. If I need to punch in the IMSI number, what number should I use? Can you please help?

parrotgeek1 11-30-2017 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcsekhar (Post 12811248)
I saw that RSIM 11 would unlock a Total Wireless phone. When I try it on my phone, I get into a Activation Loop and don't get the RSIM menu.

I have a unlocked iPhone 7 and was able to get to the RSIM menu from that phone when I inserted the MintSim along with the RSIM 11 into that unlocked iPhone 7. But, I don't see Total Wireless in the carriers list. If I need to punch in the IMSI number, what number should I use? Can you please help?

Can you post screenshots of the entire carrier list?

Unfortunately rsim might not work with total wireless or other TracFone network like bstraight talk. I know GPPLTE PRO3 does if you pick the non-obviously named "US SM/ST/SFR" carrier option

Numbaonenewb 12-01-2017 03:26

It looks like total wireless uses 4g lte network. I'm not sure if the rsim 11 supports lte. The reason why it works in your iPhone 7 with mint sim because it's ignoring the card altogether because your iPhone 7 is unlocked and by default practically takes any sim.

So that's at least my assumption. The mint wireless 4g lte card would require the rsim 11+ which is the pink one. You could test my theory my inserting in a total wireless sim which would be a cdma sim and seeing if it boot loops.

Numbaonenewb 12-01-2017 03:56

Also, one more thing. What I found out is the iPhone 6 mode a1549 came in 2 variance. One was the gsm American issued. That is very limited on what provider it can accept. I believe that mint wireless requires the cdma word phone version, which was not the one that came standard with total wireless. If you go to mint wireless website and use their byop to verify your model, and it will give you a link to check if your phone is compatible, you'll see one model works, and the other doesn't.

You can use it with an att or T-Mobile Or similar service

I realize mint wireless website states a straight talk/talk wireless phone would work with their service, I just don't think they understood that with the iPhones, not all models came with both gsm and cdma antennas

parrotgeek1 12-01-2017 19:38

Someone in another thread tested it and the rsim *12* (not 11 or 11+) does actually work with straight talk/total wireless.

RqHelp 12-06-2017 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrotgeek1 (Post 12815961)
Someone in another thread tested it and the rsim *12* (not 11 or 11+) does actually work with straight talk/total wireless.

I really hope that's true.

Ordered an RSIM 12 and hope it's legit and works.

Planning to use ATT/TMO with Total Wireless iPhone.

Do you think I'll still Total Wireless' IMSI number?

nmohamedmahir 12-22-2017 04:26

RSim 12 doesn't work with Total Wireless iPhone 6

I tried today with Rsim12 in iPhone6 bougt from Total Wireless. It doesn't work.

nmohamedmahir 12-22-2017 04:28

RSim 12 doesn't work with Total Wireless iPhone 6

I tried today with Rsim12 in iPhone6 bougt from Total Wireless. It doesn't work.
It asked for activation and it didn't work further.
Tried with Lyca Sim card.

frank4i 12-22-2017 05:26

Hi guys i want the which is suitable for iPhone 7 and can also dial ssid like checking the balance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk