GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > SIM Solution Products > R-SIM & GEVEY SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2018, 02:15   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2841500
Thanks Meter: 2
So apparently R-SIM does not work with Straight Talk Verizon?

I currently have a locked iPhone 8 Plus that I have been using R-SIM 12 with and it has worked well with Cricket as well as the T-Mobile and AT&T versions of Straight Talk.

Apparently, this is not the case with Verizon's Straight Talk as I had tried to use the Verizon Straight Talk SIM with the iPhone 8 Plus, which is strange especially considering that the iPhone in question has the necessary CDMA bands to be able to use this. Straight Talk customer service informed me that they could not do this because they needed to verify the IMEI or some ****.

So if using R-SIM with a locked iPhone, are CDMA carriers really out of the question or is there some workaround that I had overlooked?

Last edited by DragonfireEX402; 06-18-2018 at 02:21.
Old 06-18-2018, 21:30   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2124439
Thanks Meter: 23
I also have this Question they use to work fine
Old 06-19-2018, 06:47   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2783707
Thanks Meter: 189
First of all check if your iPhone model actually supports CDMA. Some don't in the hardware.

If it does, try to select your locked carrier and then 4g CDMA sim supreme sharp mode. Then insert CDMA sim, try to activate it. It will FAIL. Reboot and you should have 1x/3G but no 4G.

Note: RSIM is really bad at CDMA. I know that GPPLTE works better and I've heard Heicard does too but I've never owned one.
Old 06-19-2018, 17:22   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2841500
Thanks Meter: 2
That’s just it. It does because after having done that because it the Verizon SIM card itself works. However, Straight Talk customer service has told me that it will not work because they can’t verify the IMEI or some ****. Do I have to change the IMEI somehow?
Old 06-19-2018, 17:53   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2821689
Thanks Meter: 1
Straight talk customer service are the worst, I use Net10 Verizon which is basically the same I use the heicard and I get 4glte and it’s extremely fast! The imei doesn’t really matter when it comes to Net10 or straight talk because I’m using my SIM card and imei from my old iPhone 6s Plus (which was originally Verizon) in my Sprint iPhone X without changing my imei with Net10 I just popped it out and put it in my new phone. I use the imsi code 2040400. I personally never tried the rsim for Verizon I do own one but since the heicard was working perfectly I just didn’t bother with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amackey903 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 17:53   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2783707
Thanks Meter: 189
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amackey903 View Post
Straight talk customer service are the worst, I use Net10 Verizon which is basically the same I use the heicard and I get 4glte and it’s extremely fast! The imei doesn’t really matter when it comes to Net10 or straight talk because I’m using my SIM card and imei from my old iPhone 6s Plus (which was originally Verizon) in my Sprint iPhone X without changing my imei with Net10 I just popped it out and put it in my new phone. I use the imsi code 2040400. I personally never tried the rsim for Verizon I do own one but since the heicard was working perfectly I just didn’t bother with it.
Very useful information.

What mode did you use on Heicard's menu?
Also on settings, general, about, does it show Verizon as carrier?
The Following User Says Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 19:34   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2821689
Thanks Meter: 1
It does show Verizon Wireless under general information. As for the heicard setting I’m using auto-reload TMSI I also using the iccid lock imsi so if I need to pop my SIM card out I won’t have to worry about going back through activation. When I first set up the heicard I choose perfect unlock via iccid then I selected input imsi (2040400 for Verizon). Make sure u are using a good iccid and boom everything is working! I even get LTE during calls.