GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering

GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering Here you can post all Kind of GSM Programming and Reverse Engineering tools and Secrets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2005, 19:43   #1 (permalink)
wtf

Member: 208244
Thanks Meter: 0
Question Accessing the DTAP/CC Protocol within GSM via PC? (TEMS?)

hey guys,

I have also posted this in the sony/ericsson specific area as it seemed that brand had some support for project similar to this. I hope between this and that area someone might be able to offer some assistance.

im new here, but working on a project that requires me to access and examine the codes returned during the CC/CALL CONTROL procedure at time of making a GSM connection.

specifically i am hoping to be able to access the following codes:

0x000000 Escape to nationally specific message types
0x00- - - - Call establishment messages:
0001 ALERTING
1000 CALL CONFIRMED
0010 CALL PROCEEDING
0111 CONNECT
1111 CONNECT ACKNOWLEDGE
1110 EMERGENCY SETUP
0011 PROGRESS
0101 SETUP
0x01- - - - Call information phase messages:
0111 MODIFY
1111 MODIFY COMPLETE
0011 MODIFY REJECT
0000 USER INFORMATION
1000 HOLD
1001 HOLD ACKNOWLEDGE
1010 HOLD REJECT
1100 RETRIEVE
1101 RETRIEVE ACKNOWLEDGE
1110 RETRIEVE REJECT
0x10- - - - Call clearing messages:
0101 DISCONNECT
1101 RELEASE
1010 RELEASE COMPLETE
0x11- - - - Miscellaneous messages:
1001 CONGESTION CONTROL
1110 NOTIFY
1101 STATUS
0100 STATUS ENQUIRY
0101 START DTMF
0001 STOP DTMF
0010 STOP DTMF ACKNOWLEDGE
0110 START DTMF ACKNOWLEDGE
0111 START DTMF REJECT
1010 FACILITY

(above information ganked from http://www.protocols.com/pbook/cellularfamily.htm )

Now, basically what i want to be able to do is to set up a gsm connection using my pc, and check the status of the line during the call setup. Particularly the codes listed above.
I have been recommended to look into the TEMS ericsson phones, and have stumbled on this forum, and some posts mentioning that T610 and other such mobiles can be used to gain access to more advanced information which is not usually available to regular mobile phone operating systems to be displayed to the user.
one such TEMS phone is the one shown in the link below:

http://archive.ericsson.net/service/...010161&Lang=EN

Now, what i really need to do here is have my PC which is plugged into the mobile to be able to initiate the call and then feed the response codes from the CC protocol into my program.

I have found reference also to TEMS Inverstigator software packages etc, but am not quite sure if thats what i need for this particular application, or even if i can do what im suggesting with the hardware ive been recommended.

I apologise for the long post, but i am on quite a tight dead line, and this is not a field i am particularly advanced in.

so in summary

1) What do i need to get access into the DTAP/CC protocols?

2) Can a regular TEMS phone be used to plug into a PC and report back the above codes?

3) Can i modify/hack/flash any old ericsson phones to do the job of a normal TEMS pocket phone, and in turn talk to a PC as i require?

4) What software package will i need for the above?

5) is there some kind of SDK for this kind of application?

lastly if anyone has any other ideas on this problem id love to hear from people with a bit more of a brain than me i might be totally on the wavelength eheh.

Due to the nature of the project, i may be able to pay for approproate advice and possibly short code etc.

Thanks muchly for your help!

WTF