GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering

GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering Here you can post all Kind of GSM Programming and Reverse Engineering tools and Secrets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 22:09   #1 (permalink)
Temporary banned !!

Member: 165433
Thanks Meter: 72
i want know if vb and asm capable to make software of unlocking & flashing

i want know if vb and asm capable to make software of unlocking & flashing
Old 01-24-2007, 01:09   #2 (permalink)

Member: 436279
Thanks Meter: 3
vb for flashing? hmn...

NOT GOOD.

Regards
Old 01-24-2007, 01:35   #3 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 15022
Sonork: 100.53452
Thanks Meter: 61,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy Hacker View Post
vb for flashing? hmn...

NOT GOOD.

Regards
Why not good ? OTUF is made in VB and isnt ****. You only need brain and knowledge of the language u plan to use ... rest is writting.

Br
Old 01-24-2007, 14:49   #4 (permalink)
Temporary banned !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:hack3r2k:. View Post
Why not good ? OTUF is made in VB and isnt ****. You only need brain and knowledge of the language u plan to use ... rest is writting.

Br
thanks my friend always hack2r3k answer in this section please more answer
Old 01-24-2007, 15:05   #5 (permalink)
Temporary banned !!

isnt ****. ??????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 01-24-2007, 15:55   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 45476
Thanks Meter: 16
well, if you can do it in ASM, you have all my respect
Old 01-24-2007, 16:49   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 29897
Thanks Meter: 3
Don't forget that assembler is language created for machines not for people. So if you are usign assembler language you are making all taskts more difficult for you. There is no point to use assembler language when programming for PC. Assembler can be good but for programming micontrollers(for unlock clips, box processors etc.). If you want programming for Windows Visual Basic will be better

In programming unlocking and flash software creating software isn't a main problem. First you must now what you want to do - I mean that you must know algos, communiaction protcools etc. In most cases it's 90% of all work. Usually it means a lot of hours of disassembling phone firmwares, reverse engineering existing PC software and studying megabytes of logged data communication.

If you have already known Visual Basic it can be the best choice for you. But if you only looking for language what you want to learn so maybe you should choose between C++ or Delphi. These languages are more flexbile and can offer you more security. Mose of existing software(not for GSM only) are written in one of this two languages. A lot of people said that C++ is harder to learn and is used by proffesinals. I personally don't accept these word and for me these two languages have equal capabiltes.

So if you want to make commecial software, after a lot of hours your work, a lot of night without sleep, want to earn some money you will face next problem. You need to protect your software. But it's a diffrent story

Maybe that all seems to be really difficult, maybe ever impossible. But trust me that only if you want you can learn it But it can take a lot of your time Best of luck
Old 01-24-2007, 17:47   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
people who say ASM is too much trouble have never used it (i talk win32ASM).

it is so close to c++ that you could almost touch it

the hardest part is to make a nice GUI, but there are many tools available for helping you (you can use VC++ resource generator for making GUI)

90% of your ASM program is written in your "hello world" days. the source is re-used many times with just some program code changed...

to code in ASM, mathmatical operations, is second nature if you used ASM for uC..

the advantage:
Time critical operations.

some phones may respond on "sloppy" command times, but not all.

with ASM, you can time your operations to the uS
Old 01-24-2007, 19:17   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 98572
Thanks Meter: 36
Or you can use the inline ASM function if you wish, many programming lang support it. If programming PC i prefer using Delphi.

BTW, it's just the matter where you are really comfort at, just a habbit only. some can program a huge proggie using ASM lang in short time, it's just habbit anyway. it doesn't matter... the goal is your proggie work as you wish or not.

Good Luck...
Old 01-24-2007, 20:42   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 92500
Thanks Meter: 5
vb and asm aren't the only things to learn risc and cisc processors programming and embeded systems programming an debugging not easy to do but if you can thats good and good luck
Old 01-24-2007, 21:31   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
yes, it is definatly nice to learn ASM for PIC or other uC also.

the inline ASM function uses mnemonics as those in PIC assembly (MOV, JNE).

its nice to have that option.

you will have a good footing for ARM processor as used in NMP also
Old 01-27-2007, 11:28   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 47281
Thanks Meter: 17
Those who say VB can't, means they are still sleeping. Today VB.NET and C#.NET have the lead. C++ has a lot to do before it can reach them! In 10 years time, Microsoft will forget C++ and all Windows OS will be developed under .NET languages (not forgetting VB and C#), which has already started!!So man, how can u unlock with VB?? Means u need some libraries (.dll files) which communicate with ports such as RS-232 and LPT!!There are tons of them on the net! Most unlock/flash software have been developed under Delphi and ASM, so the best way to translate the software in vb is to reverse engineer those apps. You also need a brilliant mind in this scenario because those software written in Delphi/... are encrypted. And I'd also advise your software to be encrypted to prevent them from bein reversed! If you know VB.NET try dotFuscator!! Hope these info were useful

All the best,
Yasir