GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering

GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering Here you can post all Kind of GSM Programming and Reverse Engineering tools and Secrets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 23:58   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 896616
Sonork: 100.1604239
Thanks Meter: 30
Repair imei on new qualcomm devices.

How to repair/change imei on new type qualcomm devices ?
i have some pantech , alcatel , lenovo etc.. brands devices.
can we do something within qpst ?and how to open diag port on that devices ?

note : i have a lot of pcs lenovo k910 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8274 v1) for repair imei , if anybody have a any tool feel free to contact me
Old 09-05-2014, 13:26   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1427033
Sonork: 100.1596688
Thanks Meter: 1,204
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf37 View Post
How to repair/change imei on new type qualcomm devices ?
i have some pantech , alcatel , lenovo etc.. brands devices.
can we do something within qpst ?and how to open diag port on that devices ?

note : i have a lot of pcs lenovo k910 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8274 v1) for repair imei , if anybody have a any tool feel free to contact me
you have to write QCN file aslike NV file.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dooha_Bd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2014, 05:49   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 85637
Sonork: 100.100.529
Thanks Meter: 139
That's right and the boot after the root is easy
But still there is something we need to know about this files !!
Old 09-07-2014, 20:32   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

bro i accepted ur friendship wants from skype , still waiting or pm me please.i will try.

also everyone can be try that :

1st , enable diagnostic port by model (search google etc..)
2nd , read nvm from qpst.
3rd edit nvm imei then upload back.but that option cant be possible on nvm secured phones.i m researching now
Old 09-11-2014, 04:12   #5 (permalink)

Member: 532123
Thanks Meter: 7
@omarb1989

I have Q-smart s20 chip Qualcomm and lost Imei,flash some Rom but stiil null Imei, i don't know how to repair it.
Can you send me tool for repair, my yahoo = nick forum, thanks.
Old 09-13-2014, 22:36   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1940428
Sonork: 100.1647873
Thanks Meter: 35
The same topic question. Does anyone have any info about Qualcomm CEFS? I mean modemst1, modemst2, fsg with following signatures inside - IMGEFS1X, IMGEFS2Y. Is any way to decrypt it? May be some tools or direction how to start dig (reverse) decryption proc? Any advices, hints, examples?
Old 09-14-2014, 10:48   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 49752
Sonork: QQ:1474246528
Thanks Meter: 6,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker82 View Post
The same topic question. Does anyone have any info about Qualcomm CEFS? I mean modemst1, modemst2, fsg with following signatures inside - IMGEFS1X, IMGEFS2Y. Is any way to decrypt it? May be some tools or direction how to start dig (reverse) decryption proc? Any advices, hints, examples?
Hello
No details so far public or private. only vendors know.
There was one info but as qualcomm always send copy right latter to remove it.

But there is way to dump CEFS raw format with qpst and command bug.
qpst method is on google already.

Regards,
Chevli
Old 09-15-2014, 06:59   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 67927
Thanks Meter: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanner_austin View Post
Hello
No details so far public or private. only vendors know.
There was one info but as qualcomm always send copy right latter to remove it.

But there is way to dump CEFS raw format with qpst and command bug.
qpst method is on google already.

Regards,
Chevli
You have this info? or a cached version of the page?
Old 09-30-2014, 16:38   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 2076039
Thanks Meter: 648
I shouldn't post this and make it public (so that qualcomm can patch it...) but to repair the IMEI you must first clear the EFS partitions. This doesn't mean the /efs folder. I mean the EFS data partitions which are modemst1, modemst2, and FSG. On most GSM phones this is mmcblk0p12, mmcblk0p13, and mmcblk0p18. They can be wrote to if can adb shell into your phone using root. Use the dd if command to pull one of the partitions to your computer, take note of the exact byte size, make a new hex file that size. It'll be full of zeros, that's fine. Send it to the phone. Write this zeroed out file to the three EFS data partitions with the dd if command through adb shell. Reboot the phone. Your IMEI (and network) are gone. At this point the protection is removed and the IMEI can be wrote to (either through the diag port or through AT commands over the modem/UART).

I hope you took a NV backup of your phone (minus nv item 550) to restore the network after the IMEI repair ;-)

Yes, this is exactly how all box companies are doing this for Samsung and LG (some of them clear the efs through download mode. I prefer to run a batch file through adb; although root is necessary for the adb method).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ecs87 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-30-2014, 17:13   #10 (permalink)

Member: 372813
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87 View Post
I shouldn't post this and make it public (so that qualcomm can patch it...) but to repair the IMEI you must first clear the EFS partitions. This doesn't mean the /efs folder. I mean the EFS data partitions which are modemst1, modemst2, and FSG. On most GSM phones this is mmcblk0p12, mmcblk0p13, and mmcblk0p18. They can be wrote to if can adb shell into your phone using root. Use the dd if command to pull one of the partitions to your computer, take note of the exact byte size, make a new hex file that size. It'll be full of zeros, that's fine. Send it to the phone. Write this zeroed out file to the three EFS data partitions with the dd if command through adb shell. Reboot the phone. Your IMEI (and network) are gone. At this point the protection is removed and the IMEI can be wrote to (either through the diag port or through AT commands over the modem/UART).

I hope you took a NV backup of your phone (minus nv item 550) to restore the network after the IMEI repair ;-)

Yes, this is exactly how all box companies are doing this for Samsung and LG (some of them clear the efs through download mode. I prefer to run a batch file through adb; although root is necessary for the adb method).

Doing this cancels the check msl?
Old 10-05-2014, 22:16   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:

Bro thanks ; those informations are great for beginner of programmers.well , if we clear that 3 partitions , network Will come after process to new type imei cert phones ?(like note 3 n900x series ,s5 etc..)

Last edited by LoneWolf37; 10-05-2014 at 22:23.
Old 10-07-2014, 16:29   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 2076039
Thanks Meter: 648
You must make a QCN backup (or more commonly referred to as a nv item backup) of the phone BEFORE resetting the EFS. If you dont, you risk having no network after the IMEI repair.
Old 11-02-2014, 17:00   #13 (permalink)

Member: 2242067
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:

Trying to do this on an SGH-I717. Attempted to message ECS but PM is disabled. Could anyone please elaborate a little bit on this process for me? I've been grinding away trying to get my phone working for months and would really appreciate any help.
Old 11-08-2014, 16:53   #14 (permalink)

Member: 2242067
Thanks Meter: 0
Well I figured it out. Atleast as much as I need.
If your phone is anything like my Samsung Note SGH-I717 you can access service mode with a code and then wipe all 3 efs partitions directly from the phone.
Good luck folks! Hope your adventure ends the same as mine.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:45   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 2206276
Thanks Meter: 46
Quote:

I understand how to wipe efs folder via adb but cannot figure out how to do it through download mode. I know this is how spt and bst are doing it. I can flash the nvrebuild1.bin and nvrebuild2.bin with no problems, But when I try to flash the fsg.bin I always get the "Secure Check Fail : apnonhlos" message on the phone when I flash it via odin. Do you have any ideas?

Last edited by hellothere777; 11-09-2014 at 08:50.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellothere777 For This Useful Post: