GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering

GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering Here you can post all Kind of GSM Programming and Reverse Engineering tools and Secrets.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2002, 16:21   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3360
Thanks Meter: 4
Smart Car - control your car by SMS

I'm developing this CCDev (Cellphone Controlled Devices) - Smart Car. A variation of my CCDEV - Home (controlling your home security, appliances, etc) by mobile phone.

Features:
1. Controls your car's ignition, power windows, door, car alarm, stereo, releases a tear gas inside the car (in case of being carnapped), etc.
Example you send a message: CAR STOP - it stops the car ignition and power to the engine.
CAR ALARM ON - sets the car alarm on
CAR DOORS LOCK - locks all the car doors
CAR WINDOWS CLOSE - closes all the car windows
CAR GAS - Turns your car into a gas chamber. Releases the tear gas inside the car. Or maybe CAR BOMB - ignites the bomb set in your car

2. Sends the location of the car in terms of longitude/latitude thru the GPS unit attached.

Which is best to use: A PDA/HandheldPC with GPS and mobile phone OR a Nokia 9210 with a GPS unit attached.

PDA/HandheldPC uses Windows CE while Nokia 9210 needs Symbian.

Chosen unit is kept on a secured box inside the car compartment.

If I use a regular desktop motherboard, I need to have a drive that is shock resistant especially when the car is in a rough terrain. Is there a flash-memory-drive, maybe a thumb-drive or similar which computers boots up from, loads the operating system and runs the mobile security program?

Old 06-10-2002, 16:52   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 6472
Thanks Meter: 1
nice dream:)

It 's already egzist on other area of controll techic (industrial using).
Those are use PLC divices or other industrial controllers with GSM capabilty (casn send/receive commands via SMS). Search for this devices on SIEMENS, Honywell, Schneider, etc. hompage.

This devices has flash memory, programable and provide against dust/shock/electricity, very reliables, can work under ruth circumtances. Has digital and analog in/out port with diff. signal levels etc.

Old 06-11-2002, 08:19   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Re: nice dream:)

Thanks for the info.

You see I already made this CCDev (Cellphone-Controlled-Devices) but on a home level. Meaning you can control your house, office and/or warehouse electronics/electricity and appliances thru the authorized mobile phone.

The target now are those expensive cars that are prone to car thief and car owners who wants to turn their car into a smart car.

Like responding to voice commands, reading your email for you, takes dictations and sends email while driving. And the cost is very much affordable than buying an already smart car.

The flaw is that it should have a storage device that are prone to shock especially when the car is on a rough terrain.

Old 06-13-2002, 00:03   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 12623
Thanks Meter: 5
www.sandisk.com, but better use some good MCU (AT91FR6310 for example) instead of all that PC stuff

Old 06-13-2002, 03:49   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2415
Thanks Meter: 0
IceDragon:

flash drives

http://www.kingston.com/esroot/press/1996/n9608d.asp
http://www.soyocom.com.tw/eng/second/cd.htm
http://www.advantech.com/products/PCD-250A.asp
http://www.pricewatch.com/1/26/3103-1.htm

br,
bone

Old 07-13-2002, 13:30   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 8133
Thanks Meter: 72
@icedragon

were can i find more info about your home controll device

is irt like x-10 and executive home controller i.e is it updateable

as im lookig for a way to automate my house

let us know if u sell the stuff or if its just a case of here is the scematic .

thanks in advace

p.s. any good links to this sort of info would be loooovly to mate

Old 07-17-2002, 09:42   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@skedone

It's not posted online. X-10 uses a remote video connected to a PC. However, once we start selling the device, we may have to put-up an online website for it. We don't know the schedule for it yet.

For car automation, flashdrives are quite expensive yet, so we may have to wait for the mobile internet and voice controls features until flashdrives may become more practical. Currently, only controlling the car's security can be done, like turning the car engine off, lock the doors, close the windows, release a tear gas all thru SMS from a pre-assigned authorized cellphone number.

For home automation, CCDev (Cellphone Controlled Device) is an 8-bit ISA card with corresponding custom software. However, we are coming up with an external device connected to the serial port for use with a notebook computer or just plain stand alone device connected to a cellular phone.

This controls your home appliances and security devices. Coupled with X-10, it can be further develop to send images to the internet or to a pre-assigned fax number.

The design is modular enough to attach several devices at once. And quite customizable and very much updateable/upgradable.

The schematic is very much not for public release and the device with software is very much for sale.

Basic component (CCDev-S for Serial connection with software) which controls one device (like light switch, electrical door lock or window): US$200
This does not include a cellular phone.

Other modular components may range from US$100 to US$300. These components are:
-Multi-input/output Module
-Motion Detector Module
-Sound Detector Module
-Infra-red Module
-Power Generator Module

Add US$50 for international delivery by DHL.

Payments thru deposit to a Philippine Bank Account. Interested parties just email me, subject "Cellphone Controlled Devices".

Cheers...

The Following User Says Thank You to Ice Dragon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2004, 04:47   #8 (permalink)

Member: 50352
Thanks Meter: 2
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Dragon
@skedone

It's not posted online. X-10 uses a remote video connected to a PC. However, once we start selling the device, we may have to put-up an online website for it. We don't know the schedule for it yet.

For car automation, flashdrives are quite expensive yet, so we may have to wait for the mobile internet and voice controls features until flashdrives may become more practical. Currently, only controlling the car's security can be done, like turning the car engine off, lock the doors, close the windows, release a tear gas all thru SMS from a pre-assigned authorized cellphone number.

For home automation, CCDev (Cellphone Controlled Device) is an 8-bit ISA card with corresponding custom software. However, we are coming up with an external device connected to the serial port for use with a notebook computer or just plain stand alone device connected to a cellular phone.

This controls your home appliances and security devices. Coupled with X-10, it can be further develop to send images to the internet or to a pre-assigned fax number.

The design is modular enough to attach several devices at once. And quite customizable and very much updateable/upgradable.

The schematic is very much not for public release and the device with software is very much for sale.

Basic component (CCDev-S for Serial connection with software) which controls one device (like light switch, electrical door lock or window): US$200
This does not include a cellular phone.

Other modular components may range from US$100 to US$300. These components are:
-Multi-input/output Module
-Motion Detector Module
-Sound Detector Module
-Infra-red Module
-Power Generator Module

Add US$50 for international delivery by DHL.

Payments thru deposit to a Philippine Bank Account. Interested parties just email me, subject "Cellphone Controlled Devices".

Cheers...

Hi IceDragon
Have you succeed with the smart car control by SMS. I am currently doing a project similar to yours but on a smaller scale as it will control just a few features like starting a car ignition, switching on car air conditioning system and flashing some lights. As i am quite a newbie in mobile phone and programming, i would like to learn some tips from you. i am from Singapore, able to lent me some help as i am quite lost how to start. feel free to email to me. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2004, 09:17   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 47441
Thanks Meter: 14
Im interesting in one of this systems
I need to buy one
Any site that sell these
Regards

Old 12-04-2008, 23:23   #10 (permalink)

Member: 916823
Thanks Meter: 0
Dear all

i want to know all things about smart car ( hardware , software , interface system)

if any one have the matrial about this subject PLZ send it to me

Old 12-05-2008, 10:32   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7653
Thanks Meter: 823
Please do not bring 4 / 6 year old topics back to the top for no good reasons!

Closed Thread