GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   GSM Programming & Reverse Engineering (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f83/)
-   -   why most of the box teams use delphi? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f83/why-most-box-teams-use-delphi-2269764/)

Nicogalan 09-28-2017 18:49

why most of the box teams use delphi?

its a big doubt I have since a long time....

why delphi??

pros? cons?

thanks

doctorsu 09-28-2017 19:42

my be hard to decompile

but in recent time all boxes with Delphi cracked by gsmcracking team

now Delphi is week

Nicogalan 09-28-2017 19:54

do you think it's because protection?

I hope Victor can give us his point of view :)

thanks

Rahul_Bhutani 09-30-2017 07:23

Its just own choosing i will say,cracking and such all not related to language,but delphi provide easy gui in a native if you compare to others and easy to learn.

platforms 09-30-2017 17:46

Source sharing started with Delphi, and these teams have been linked to each other in some way or the developers have had cross Friends.

Nicogalan 10-01-2017 04:51

ok, great, but nowadays...

do you still advise to use delphi??

or do you think it's better another one?

Nishith 10-02-2017 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicogalan (Post 12711430)
ok, great, but nowadays...

do you still advise to use Delphi??

or do you think it's better another one?

What do you think can replace the Delphi?

For native development, you have very fewer options.

It's not like only Delphi is used, C++ is also popular.

Protector and Cracking is a totally different thing. Not related to language/technology.

Nishith 10-02-2017 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicogalan (Post 12708282)
its a big doubt I have since a long time....

why delphi??

pros? cons?

thanks

According to me,
Few reasons like,

1. Expertise over the language over this much of use/experience.

2. Thousands/Millions of Lines Of Code needed to be transformed into another language if switching the technology.

3. Why change language/technology if everything is working perfectly in the current environment.

4. Reduces Productivity as sometimes new language can be confusing/takes time to learn.

and many more...

Nicogalan 10-03-2017 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ni****h (Post 12713626)
What do you think can replace the Delphi?

For native development, you have very fewer options.

It's not like only Delphi is used, C++ is also popular.

Protector and Cracking is a totally different thing. Not related to language/technology.

no, no, just wondering :)

I saw some .net apps, dont remember now....

but .net its too easy to reverse...

I will move to delphi then.

thanks so much :)

stabbinbaz 10-06-2017 08:19

i must admit i was always curious about this too, nice to have an explanation

.:hack3r2k:. 10-12-2017 16:41

It's because we all studied in schools Pascal so the next step was getting used with Delphi. Besides that, Delphi allows creating cool GUIs with minimal effort. I wouldnt say same about vc++ or some others. Also Dephi got developed pretty well in teh past years and already allows ios. android, mac apps creation with the same code base. Also it's cheap to get it licensed ;) ...unless you preffer FreePascal

Also whatever "cracking" mentioned here has nothing to do with the language used to develop the program. In the end theres a compiler that reduces all the code lines to the same "old" opcodes.

And really some of the so called crackers these days should start get a book and read what a smart card is and what does and maybe understand after why you cant crack a program if theres a pretty good part of an "algo" part of code there.

Br;)

Desirat 10-17-2017 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:hack3r2k:. (Post 12729554)
...what a smart card is and what does and maybe understand after why you cant crack a program if theres a pretty good part of an "algo" part of code there.

Br;)

Go figure! :)
I always thought that it had a key that scrambled a (important) part of the program code! It can have both i guess but never thought that it may contain lines 4 to 12 on a 100 line code (example?), it may vary according to card capacity, is this right? The "part of an algo" may also vary when card firmware is updated, no?

Sorry for question but expanding more on the little idea i had about this!

Wish i had coding in school.... I wanted but was not available anymore... My friends that were a year in front of me had and did not wanted (they hated it) and i'd love to had those lessons!

mrinnocent02 10-19-2017 03:01

its so hard to crack :D thats my point of view .

teknospc 10-22-2017 16:39

Delphi is a stable programming tool, and can be run of any windows version, no matter if tou do for win xp etc. Have a great comunication for ports , of course C++ C# or another can be used, about security many teams can compress the critical files to protect ( encrypt) but the main program can run slow

Victor 11-03-2017 04:52

No matter what will use. Python, php, asm, Delphi, C, C++....

Dejan (R.I.P. man...) prefer to use x86 asm... I prefer Delphi and C and asm...

Important is to make app who will do job!