GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > BlackBerry (RIM) > Blackberry CDMA

Blackberry CDMA Blackberry CDMA phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 20:13   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1923112
Sonork: ICQ 642311533
Thanks Meter: 3
Exclamation Solutions debranding Bold 9650 debrand

Hy friends, I'm new here and I don't know very good English - so I'm sorry.

I have a Bold 9650. Most of this phones locked to one of many CDMA-carriers (cdma-providers). But you can tryed use this perfect smart with Sim card in GSM-mode, even without BIS. All you lose in this variant - Blackberry Messages.

I tell you what - you can even use this phone with another cdma-provider - You should replace some file call PRL. All I have to do this I can send you via ICQ or Jabber . Shure it's isn't free be cause I already seed with PC about 1 months and study this theme in english and russian forums. But I not ask you some concrete price - I send this programs for free to 10 first ho add me to contact list ( icq or Jabber), then i ask some pay for this. Waiting for You friend.

README: 1) Extract and run cmd.exe 9650. 2) Connect Bold 9650 with micro-USB cable = this step work like MML by RIM. 3) Wait untill cmd close. 4)Run "PRL unlock" and change vendor ID to 0. 4) After this steps you may have any cdma-provider or GSM-sim.

My phone whas locked by ALLTEL. Now he work With ukrainian GSM (МТС) and CDMA Carriers (CDMA Ukraine) - 2 standard in 1 phone, but not same time. In present I have only 1 problem - can't change start-up logo (debrand logo). May be some budy knouse how to do this? I even make what MML 1.8 see my Bold 9650, but can't load new VSM.