GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 21:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2275479
Thanks Meter: 1
Red face Iphone 5C touch function not working, Tried a few new LCD's still not working help :(

Hi Guys.

i would first of all like to introduce myself, i am new to the forum. We were on a shopping trip to ikea and my two year old son wouldnt settle so i gave him my phone to play an apllication called talkin ben lol. Anyhow he dropped the phone and broke the LCD, i then purchase the glass only as screen was working. Whilst trying to remove the glass i broke the LCD as well as the glass and phone was not usable. So i then purchased a replacement screen from ebay (China made) and installed as was working fine however my son broke the screen again, however the fall wasnt bad this time and fell about 2 feet off the ground in my living room on laminate flooring. so i tried to change the screen again with one purchased off ebay and it isnt working. Since i have tried a fully assembled front LCD with camera, homebutton all already installed and only connected the 3 connectors to the board of the iphone but still isnt working, could something have fallen out or got damaged whilst changing the screen.... i haven had a phone almost a month and am now desparate to repair. the touch screen doesnt work at all, everything else displays fine, phone can be rang but cannot answer or do anything on it. Wife isnt happy as this was our main source of taking pictures of the children and with a new born baby just over a month old are missing out on taking any pictures. Would purchase a camera however i have ordered the iphone 6 as upgrade from EE and it is coming up to a month and i havent recieved it.

Please help or advise any input or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff321 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2014, 04:56   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 586346
Thanks Meter: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff321 View Post
Hi Guys.

i would first of all like to introduce myself, i am new to the forum. We were on a shopping trip to ikea and my two year old son wouldnt settle so i gave him my phone to play an apllication called talkin ben lol. Anyhow he dropped the phone and broke the LCD, i then purchase the glass only as screen was working. Whilst trying to remove the glass i broke the LCD as well as the glass and phone was not usable. So i then purchased a replacement screen from ebay (China made) and installed as was working fine however my son broke the screen again, however the fall wasnt bad this time and fell about 2 feet off the ground in my living room on laminate flooring. so i tried to change the screen again with one purchased off ebay and it isnt working. Since i have tried a fully assembled front LCD with camera, homebutton all already installed and only connected the 3 connectors to the board of the iphone but still isnt working, could something have fallen out or got damaged whilst changing the screen.... i haven had a phone almost a month and am now desparate to repair. the touch screen doesnt work at all, everything else displays fine, phone can be rang but cannot answer or do anything on it. Wife isnt happy as this was our main source of taking pictures of the children and with a new born baby just over a month old are missing out on taking any pictures. Would purchase a camera however i have ordered the iphone 6 as upgrade from EE and it is coming up to a month and i havent recieved it.

Please help or advise any input or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

some of the LCD panel are factory defective so i suggest you to bring the phone to your nearest repair center so other LCD can be tested and to isolate the problem easier ..
Old 11-03-2014, 09:18   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1031328
Thanks Meter: 25
rie hot the touch ic 100% sure
Old 11-04-2014, 17:17   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1700568
Thanks Meter: 0
iphone 5 touch screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbullahar View Post
rie hot the touch ic 100% sure
which ic is the touch ic do not think that work because i just reflow that section.
Old 11-04-2014, 17:21   #5 (permalink)

Member: 1700568
can anyone get schematics diagram of the iphone 5 and 5s
Old 07-04-2015, 15:25   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 911516
Thanks Meter: 14
where the touch ic please?
Old 07-06-2015, 23:49   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2398349
Thanks Meter: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by seoood View Post
where the touch ic please?
next to lcd connections!! the black one
The Following User Says Thank You to sasan500 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2015, 18:24   #8 (permalink)

Member: 2142026
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasan500 View Post
next to lcd connections!! the black one
whats the procedure to reheat the ic? i have the same problem everything works great on the phone but after a few minutes the screen frezees and start to going crazy and one app pop ups ( the same all the time) , to fix i have to put to sleep and then wake up the phone again works great for a few minutes, Do i have to reheat the touch ic? or change it? thanks for your help.
Old 08-01-2015, 18:57   #9 (permalink)

Member: 2431523
before you reheat.
try make a backup and restore your iphone