GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone SE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2015, 04:29   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2338098
Thanks Meter: 2
Not your usual iCloud lock situation.... Ideas?

I bought a used 5C a while back. When I purchased it, there was no icloud account at all. I added my account, turned on find my iphone, and everything was cool.

Fast forward a while and I decide to wipe the thing. It asks me to put in my icloud password, which I do, and the reset begins. I receive the email confirming that my account was used and the phone can now be activated (standard stuff).

Of course the phone comes back up wanting to activate with an address I don't recognize, and it's a brick. I used the smiley method to crash to springboard and launch imessage, and there's no account there at all (there shouldn't be).

What the hell happened? I've spent two days fighitng with Apple, and although they understand that the phone is mine and I was the last user to have it on find my iCloud, they won't remove the lock.

Anything else I can do?
Old 01-31-2015, 06:16   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2321588
Thanks Meter: 0
smiley method to crash to springboard, what is that

what the excuse of apple to dont remove it? they dont too much money since they launch this lock... too much good iphone not usable anymore...
Old 01-31-2015, 09:11   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 75765
Thanks Meter: 722
Donate money to this user
There was previous icloud account before yours which was removed manually from the phone but not from Apple server.

I guess your phone was ios 7.0.x,
Apple has fixed the bug in later firmwares which was allowing one to remove icloud account without password just from the phone
but not from servers of course.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to BB-gsm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2015, 23:14   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2338098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbain39 View Post
smiley method to crash to springboard, what is that

what the excuse of apple to dont remove it? they dont too much money since they launch this lock... too much good iphone not usable anymore...
The smiley method works on every version up to current (8.1.3) but all it does is get you to springboard and allow you to launch imessage, which will show you the full email/apple ID of the previous owner.

1. Start up the phone
2. Go to the activation failure screen and click the home button, and choose more wifi settings.
3. Go to the extra settings for your wifi connection, chooose "manual" proxy at the bottom. Input characters from the last tab of emojis (square icons, etc) for the address; about 50-100 or so of them - make sure you put a ton in (might take multiple tries). Put 8888 for the port.
4. Go back and click next, it will fail
5. Go back to wifi selection, and click your wifi (just the name, not the settings) and it will crash.

Your phone will now be in a crash loop. Every time you slide to unlock and click a language it will crash to the apple logo and restart quickly. Continue to unlock and crash as fast as you can - sometimes it takes 10 tries, sometimes it takes 200+ tries, but eventually you will crash to springboard.

You'll note that almost nothing works; you can launch (but not sign in to) imessage, view the phone app and create/remove contacts, but that's pretty much it. Springboard is running, but most of the normal system processes are not.

This is just a free and reliable way to see the current locked apple ID.

Unfortunately for me, since the phone has no lock (just their gay servers) there's nothing to see; that field is blank.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul1114 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2015, 13:11   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2352771
Thanks Meter: 0
How is going Paul 1114?
I will try smiley method to crash the spring board on my iPhone 5c? Hope I can see the email?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:01   #6 (permalink)

Member: 203335
always check for icloud lock before restoring. apple has a web sight to check if find your phone is on if it is on dont restore if it is off ok to restore. it is free to check and always have wi fi on before taking off icloud from phone if you call apple it is a waste of time they wount help unless you have the original sales recipt they dont care if the phone is your or not they wount help period.
Old 03-06-2015, 13:43   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 281801
Sonork: 100.1608672
Thanks Meter: 158
Donate money to this user
hello Paul1114, Try to enunciate your tutorial with pics. So it will be clear for readers
Though, i never tried but Good contributions