Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|04-15-2009, 18:46||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Thanks Meter: 5
downgrade Baseband 20.30.03 to 02.28.00
So I simplified his method by creating scripts that I have gathered a few lines of code
It is only possible to downgrade the Baseband to Bootloader 5.8. It is actually impossible if the Bootloader is version 5.9 or 6.2. (Thanks for the info Ouioui)
1) Open Cydia and install "MobileTerminal" and "Wget" if not already done so.
2) Quit Cydia
Preparations of necessary files:
1) Launch Terminal
2) Type "su" then return (without quotes)
3) Type in "alpine" back then (nothing will appear, this is normal, without the quotes)
4) Type "wget http://*******/tEHJc" then return (without quotes)
5) Type "sh BBdownload" then return (without quotes). Wait until the end of downloads.
Checking the version of Baseband:
1) Type "sh BBversion" then look for the "Boot Loader Version" If your bootloader is 5.8, continue the tutorial. If your bootloader is 5.9 or 6.2, expect a new version of the downgrade. That one is not currently compatible.
Downgrade the Baseband:
1) Type "sh BBexec" then return (without quotes). Wait until the installation script. Your iPhone will restart.
Go to Settings -> Information -> Baseband: The version is 02.28.00
Bravo, you can make a désimlock with Yellowsn0w if you want
If your Baseband is still 02.30.03, made following the tutorial.
1) Open Terminal
2) Type "rm / var / mobile / BB *" without quotes and press return
3) Type "rm / var / root / BB *" without quotes and press return
4) Type "rm / var / root / IC *" without quotes and press return
5) Repeat the tutorial now.
|04-15-2009, 19:04||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2000
Thanks Meter: 6
Bootloader version 05.08
I really wonder how many iphones "baseband 2.30 with Bootloader version 05.08? I never seen one, just 05.09 . Some people had Bootloader version 6 but never seen that either. Anyway I believe most people got Bootloader version 05.09 even with Os 3.0 and baseband 4.20.01 the loader version is 05.09 like mine. This new solution for downgrade is not the real work. Wish u luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to lotfi17 For This Useful Post:
|04-15-2009, 19:32||#3 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: Oct 2004
Thanks Meter: 105
phone with 2.2.1/2.30.03 and BL 5.08 are phone upgraded by mistake with itunes.
i think < 2.1 are in 5.08
anyway i have no proof, but some of new phone i get 2.2.1 ootb are in 5.09 or 6.02
|04-17-2009, 00:49||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Thanks Meter: 2
What a star you are. Successfully downgraded baseband from 02.30.03 to 2.28.00 & unlocked with yellowsn0w. Lucky for me I also had boot loader 5.08. Tried Vodafone sim 100% unlock
|04-17-2009, 01:51||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2008
Thanks Meter: 15
|04-20-2009, 09:03||#9 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Deep Blue G.S.M.
Thanks Meter: 89
|04-20-2009, 11:59||#12 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: HYDRA.anyone know were.
Thanks Meter: 67
|04-21-2009, 10:13||#13 (permalink)|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Thanks Meter: 14
i tried this procedure in my iphone with bootloader 5.08 and a modem FW 4.20.01 but i failed again...
i got error onGetting EBL Version................Timed out
it loops over and over for about 9 times i think..
|04-21-2009, 21:36||#15 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: Jun 1999
Thanks Meter: 898
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|downgrade i-phone baseband 2.30.03 to2.28||..::ohm::..||iPhone 2 / 3G / 3GS||8||04-24-2009 13:14|
|downgrade baseband 2.30.03 to 2.28||jitender87||iPhone 2 / 3G / 3GS||6||04-19-2009 08:53|
|Downgrade iPhone Baseband From 02.30.03 To 02.28.00||mani_satcell||iPhone 2 / 3G / 3GS||2||04-15-2009 17:15|
|How to Downgrade Baseband 2.30.03 to 2.28.00||jinxgsm||iPhone 2 / 3G / 3GS||23||03-13-2009 11:26|