GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 2 / iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 15:42   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 719944
Thanks Meter: 2,117
Hi respectable Engeers plz help in ........

Hi dear friends,
i have got iphone 3g 8Gb ...fone is not W/damage ...but problem is ..only showing apple logo and thats it,
i tried to restore it by defult but after prepairing fone giving me error.
i m gona to attach pic..plz help me how can sort it.
thanx in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iphone error.jpg (107.7 KB, 133 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to chohansahib For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 15:48   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1268942
Thanks Meter: 2
put it in dfu mode and give it a try
The Following User Says Thank You to konvikt187 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 16:21   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by konvikt187 View Post
put it in dfu mode and give it a try
dear friend,,,,obviously after dfu mode u can restore .........
give me more solution plz thanx for reply
The Following User Says Thank You to chohansahib For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2010, 16:53   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 810694
Thanks Meter: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by chohansahib View Post
Hi dear friends,
i have got iphone 3g 8Gb ...fone is not W/damage ...but problem is ..only showing apple logo and thats it,
thanx in advance

hey bro need more info

which itunes version
which iphone OS version

u r using
Old 03-29-2010, 18:39   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissssna View Post
hey bro need more info

which itunes version
which iphone OS version

u r using
thanx for reply and let me knw u abt ur qus,,,,,
i m useing latest ver of itune...
and i really don,t know abt OS ver bcuz fone is not comes on....
more plz ??????????????????????????????????
Old 03-29-2010, 19:01   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 582669
Sonork: 100.1592908
Thanks Meter: 69
i guess abt error 23 salutoin....
Old 03-29-2010, 19:11   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinddald View Post
i guess abt error 23 salutoin....
what u recn abt this error...........
Old 03-30-2010, 10:45   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi dear friends....
i m still waiting for solution plz........
Old 03-30-2010, 11:00   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 962029
Sonork: OEM Lock : ON
Thanks Meter: 4,127
its 90% hw Fault.................
Old 03-30-2010, 11:30   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.3. View Post
its 90% hw Fault.................
i don,t think so bcuz fone is like brand new.....i open it and check every thing its not W/damage..but i,ll check it again...any other solution plz
Old 03-30-2010, 11:35   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 65535
Thanks Meter: 451
Quote:
Hi dear friends,
thanx in advance
i think its hardware problem baseband flasher probably damage . before u check which i tunes version u r using. use latest version try with restore and dfu mode if again same symptom means 100% hardware fault

Specific error codes and resolutions

Error 6: All of the steps in this article apply to resolve this issue. Following iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software frequently resolves this error. There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your Registry. If your default packet size is set incorrectly it can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance.

Error 9: This error occurs when the device unexpectedly drops off of the USB bus and communication stops. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB isolation troubleshooting, using a different USB dock connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

Error 13 and 14: These errors are typically resolved by performing one of more of the steps listed below:

1. Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including a different USB port directly on the computer.
2. Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
3. Try a different USB 30-pin dock connector cable.
4. Eliminate third-party security software conflicts by following iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software.
5. There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your Registry. If your default packet size is set incorrectly it can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance.
6. Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
7. Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.

If you find an ASR error 1000 in the iPhone or iPod updater log file, that is an error decompressing and transferring the IPSW file that is downloaded during the restore. This error is frequently caused by third-party security software interference, a poor quality Internet connection resulting in a bad IPSW download, or a conflict on the USB bus.

Error 23, 28, 29, 1011, 1012, 1611: These errors may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article and also attempt to restore while connected to a known-good computer and network to isolate this issue to the device. If the IMEI or MAC address is missing or is a default value, this can also confirm a hardware issue.

Error 48: To resolve this error, follow the steps in this article. Also see the steps in "Restore using a new user account" above for .ipsw file locations.

Error 1015: This error is caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone or iPod touch software available from Apple.

Error 1604: This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling USB ports, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections, device not recognized properly, computer won't recognize a FireWire or USB device). If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the USB 30-pin dock-connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.

If the issue is not resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting, and another computer is not available, try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Connect iPhone to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
2. Restore and wait for error 1604.
3. When prompted click OK.
4. Close and re-open iTunes while iPhone remains connected.
5. iPhone should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
6. Try to restore again.

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.

Error 2000-2009: If you experience this issue on a Mac, disconnect third-party devices, hubs, spare cables, reset the SMC, and then try to restore. Learn how to reset the SMC. If you are using a Windows computer, remove all USB devices and spare cables other than your keyboard, mouse, and the device, restart the computer, and try to restore. If that does not resolve, try the USB issue-resolution steps and articles listed for Error 1604 above. If the issue continues, it may be related to conflicting security software.

Error 3000-3999: Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try without using one or with a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Error 3004: If the steps listed in Error 3000-3999 do not resolve, you may be able to resolve an error 3004 by quitting iTunes and using the following command at the command line: dscacheutil -flushcache

Error 9807: If you see "Error 9807", open access to the following VeriSign servers:

* evintl-ocsp.verisign.com
* evsecure-ocsp.verisign.com

Error 9808: Follow the steps in iTunes Store: Unknown alert error message when connecting to resolve the issue. If those steps do not resolve the issue, or if the settings revert to their original values after the restart, then follow iTunes for Windows:

Last edited by mani_satcell; 03-30-2010 at 11:41.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:35   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 962029
Sonork: OEM Lock : ON
Thanks Meter: 4,127
Quote:
dear fone is like brand new.....i open it and check every thing its not W/damage
if wifi chip got problem you will get error 23 while restoring...
Old 03-30-2010, 13:06   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_satcell View Post
i think its hardware problem baseband flasher probably damage . before u check which i tunes version u r using. use latest version try with restore and dfu mode if again same symptom means 100% hardware fault

Specific error codes and resolutions

Error 6: All of the steps in this article apply to resolve this issue. Following iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software frequently resolves this error. There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your Registry. If your default packet size is set incorrectly it can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance.

Error 9: This error occurs when the device unexpectedly drops off of the USB bus and communication stops. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB isolation troubleshooting, using a different USB dock connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

Error 13 and 14: These errors are typically resolved by performing one of more of the steps listed below:

1. Perform USB isolation troubleshooting, including a different USB port directly on the computer.
2. Put a USB 2.0 hub between the device and the computer.
3. Try a different USB 30-pin dock connector cable.
4. Eliminate third-party security software conflicts by following iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software.
5. There may be third-party software installed that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your Registry. If your default packet size is set incorrectly it can cause this error. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance.
6. Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, bypassing any routers, hubs, or switches. You may need to restart your computer and modem to get online.
7. Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.

If you find an ASR error 1000 in the iPhone or iPod updater log file, that is an error decompressing and transferring the IPSW file that is downloaded during the restore. This error is frequently caused by third-party security software interference, a poor quality Internet connection resulting in a bad IPSW download, or a conflict on the USB bus.

Error 23, 28, 29, 1011, 1012, 1611: These errors may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article and also attempt to restore while connected to a known-good computer and network to isolate this issue to the device. If the IMEI or MAC address is missing or is a default value, this can also confirm a hardware issue.

Error 48: To resolve this error, follow the steps in this article. Also see the steps in "Restore using a new user account" above for .ipsw file locations.

Error 1015: This error is caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone or iPod touch software available from Apple.

Error 1604: This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling USB ports, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections, device not recognized properly, computer won't recognize a FireWire or USB device). If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the USB 30-pin dock-connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.

If the issue is not resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting, and another computer is not available, try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Connect iPhone to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
2. Restore and wait for error 1604.
3. When prompted click OK.
4. Close and re-open iTunes while iPhone remains connected.
5. iPhone should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
6. Try to restore again.

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.

Error 2000-2009: If you experience this issue on a Mac, disconnect third-party devices, hubs, spare cables, reset the SMC, and then try to restore. Learn how to reset the SMC. If you are using a Windows computer, remove all USB devices and spare cables other than your keyboard, mouse, and the device, restart the computer, and try to restore. If that does not resolve, try the USB issue-resolution steps and articles listed for Error 1604 above. If the issue continues, it may be related to conflicting security software.

Error 3000-3999: Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try without using one or with a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Error 3004: If the steps listed in Error 3000-3999 do not resolve, you may be able to resolve an error 3004 by quitting iTunes and using the following command at the command line: dscacheutil -flushcache

Error 9807: If you see "Error 9807", open access to the following VeriSign servers:

* evintl-ocsp.verisign.com
* evsecure-ocsp.verisign.com

Error 9808: Follow the steps in iTunes Store: Unknown alert error message when connecting to resolve the issue. If those steps do not resolve the issue, or if the settings revert to their original values after the restart, then follow iTunes for Windows:
thanx very much dear friend
its such a good and info really....i,ll check it again and post result
Old 03-30-2010, 13:07   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.3. View Post
if wifi chip got problem you will get error 23 while restoring...
thanx very much dear.....i,ll check it again
Old 03-31-2010, 02:06   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 771230
Thanks Meter: 773
Red face

It's a hardware problem, the problem is that the baseband chip its corrupted so when you try to restore itunes CAN NOT read the imei of the phone.

To confirm just try to jailbrake (hacktivate the phone) and you will se wifi/bluethoot and no imei or serial. that will tell you baseband chip not good.

And not it cant be fixed after imei its corrupted