GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 2 / iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 01:43   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1063773
Thanks Meter: 1
How do I get the 3.0 IPSW firmware to show up on RedSn0w? I have the iPhone 3G

HELP!
I was trying for over three days but the same thing keeps occuring. I have downloaded the firmware file for 3.0 for the iPhone 3G MULTIPLE times, and the same file keeps on appearing. After I extract it, there are just a bunch of files, but none of them are the IPSW required for RedSn0w. If I don't extract it, RedSn0w doesn't detect the folder at all. What files in the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore folder are actually ipsw files, or where are they, and how do I get it to show up on RedSn0w?

These are the contents of the folder:
.fseventsd ( a folder)
Firmware ( a folder, but doesn't have any IPSW files inside)
2 Plist files
3 DMG files
kernelcache.release.s5l8900x

P.S, Idk if this helps but I use Windows XP
Old 06-29-2009, 01:45   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 524695
Sonork: 100.1590277
Thanks Meter: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie3 View Post
HELP!
I was trying for over three days but the same thing keeps occuring. I have downloaded the firmware file for 3.0 for the iPhone 3G MULTIPLE times, and the same file keeps on appearing. After I extract it, there are just a bunch of files, but none of them are the IPSW required for RedSn0w. If I don't extract it, RedSn0w doesn't detect the folder at all. What files in the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore folder are actually ipsw files, or where are they, and how do I get it to show up on RedSn0w?

.fseventsd ( a folder)
2 Plist files
3 DMG files

These files are for MAC. You need to get something for windowns. ie Windows version
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 49752
Sonork: QQ:1474246528
Thanks Meter: 6,086
Quote:
HELP!

.fseventsd ( a folder)
2 Plist files
3 DMG files

u don't have to extract rar or zip.
just rename extention to XXXXXXXXX.IPSW then select it in redsn0w.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:02   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 982178
Thanks Meter: 48
Quote:
HELP!

.fseventsd ( a folder)
2 Plist files
3 DMG files

u can browse for the ipsw file on ur windows pc ..bt for dat u have to upgrade ur iphone software though itunes once done dat den u can use redsnow and locate the file like dis way

C/DOCUMENTS&SETTINGS/ADMINISTRATOR/APPLICATION DATA/ APPLE COMPUTER/ITUNES/IPHONE SOFTWARE UPDATES/IPHONE1,2_3.0_7A341_RESTORE (IF ITS IPHONE 3G 3.0 0S ),IPHONE1,1_3.0_7A341_RESTORE (IF ITS IPHONE 2G 3.0 0S ).
HOPE IT WILL WORK FOR YOU DONT FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.
The Following User Says Thank You to irshu41187 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2009, 15:46   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraheem0079 View Post
These files are for MAC. You need to get something for windowns. ie Windows version
I couldn't find any that are specifically for Windows
do u know where I can download them from?
Old 06-29-2009, 16:14   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanner_austin View Post
u don't have to extract rar or zip.
just rename extention to XXXXXXXXX.IPSW then select it in redsn0w.
that didn't work 4 me, it still doesn't appear when I browse on redsnowbut thanx anyway
Old 06-29-2009, 17:08   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 203715
Thanks Meter: 227
Quote:
that didn't work 4 me, it still doesn't appear when I browse on redsnowbut thanx anyway
If you are using windows, the file might be in incorrectly stored as a zip format. Check that you can view file extentions - from windows explorer/folder click on Tools/Folder Options, click the View tab, then in the list make sure there is NO tick mark on 'Hide extentions for known filetypes'.
You should then be able to see if the firmware file you have is in a .zip or .ipsw format. Make sure you change it to .ipsw if it isn't. Close an re-open redsn0w and you should be able to see the file.

Incorrect
Code:

iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw.zip
Correct
Code:

iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
Br
Chezral
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chezral For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2009, 18:13   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irshu41187 View Post
u can browse for the ipsw file on ur windows pc ..bt for dat u have to upgrade ur iphone software though itunes once done dat den u can use redsnow and locate the file like dis way

C/DOCUMENTS&SETTINGS/ADMINISTRATOR/APPLICATION DATA/ APPLE COMPUTER/ITUNES/IPHONE SOFTWARE UPDATES/IPHONE1,2_3.0_7A341_RESTORE (IF ITS IPHONE 3G 3.0 0S ),IPHONE1,1_3.0_7A341_RESTORE (IF ITS IPHONE 2G 3.0 0S ).
HOPE IT WILL WORK FOR YOU DONT FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.
It worked now
thank you so much
I appreciate your help
Old 06-29-2009, 18:14   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezral View Post
If you are using windows, the file might be in incorrectly stored as a zip format. Check that you can view file extentions - from windows explorer/folder click on Tools/Folder Options, click the View tab, then in the list make sure there is NO tick mark on 'Hide extentions for known filetypes'.
You should then be able to see if the firmware file you have is in a .zip or .ipsw format. Make sure you change it to .ipsw if it isn't. Close an re-open redsn0w and you should be able to see the file.

Incorrect
Code:

iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw.zip
Correct
Code:

iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
Br
Chezral

thanx Chezral
that also worked and now my phone is working
Old 06-29-2009, 18:18   #10 (permalink)

another favor pleaz
I jailbroke it and it is working now and everything but when i connected it 2 iTunes it says :
An iPhone has been previously synced with this computer. and it gives me 2 options
Set up as a new phone
Restore from the backup of ......

if I restored it would that stop the phone from working? and which option should I select
Old 06-29-2009, 19:44   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 203715
Thanks Meter: 227
I normally backup before upgrade/unlock and restore the backup after the upgrade/unlock is complete. I usually still have signal and full functionality.
If you are too scared of having to start over, just sync as new iphone.
Old 06-29-2009, 21:05   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 524695
Sonork: 100.1590277
Thanks Meter: 154
Quote:
another favor pleaz
I jailbroke it and it is working now and everything but when i connected it 2 iTunes it says :
An iPhone has been previously synced with this computer. and it gives me 2 options
Set up as a new phone

if I restored it would that stop the phone from working? and which option should I select
you can restore if you want. That won't change anything if you had your for working before
Old 11-16-2009, 03:40   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 961957
Sonork: Jabber: [email protected]
Thanks Meter: 641
Bad boi......ejidejij
Old 11-16-2009, 05:19   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 496243
Thanks Meter: 42
Arrow

Quote:
another favor pleaz
Set up as a new phone

Just select the set up as a new phone and don't select the automatic sync, cause that will happen the same thing if you ever restore it again.

Regards