GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 2 / iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 22:45   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1174562
Sonork: 100.1654149
Thanks Meter: 2,095
iPhone 3GS restore 6.1.6 error 1600 need help

I tried to restore my iphone 3GS but i get an error 1600
I also tried with ireb but it changes nothing

Help me please thanks for your attention
Old 04-10-2014, 23:32   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Member: 16
Sonork: 100.1652085 GSMWorld
Thanks Meter: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro******** View Post
I tried to restore my iphone 3GS but i get an error 1600
I also tried with ireb but it changes nothing

Help me please thanks for your attention
iPhone Restore iTunes Error 1600 Solved using 6 steps

If you are trying to restore your Jailbroken iPhone with iTunes and always get error 1600, just follow these steps and I'm sure ERROR 1600 will be No More!

I was trying to restore my girlfriend's iPhone 3GS but kept getting this stupid error no matter what i did.
The only work around it was doing exactly what is described in these steps.
Hope this can help everyone that is facing the same problem i did.

Step 1: Download the firmware (ipsw) corresponding to your iPhone
Download Redsn0w
Download TinyUmbrella

Step 2: Open Redsn0w and under the option "Extras" Select "Custom IPSW" and open the IPSW file you just downloaded (this step removes Baseband update from the output IPSW file and its name will start with NO BB). =close Redsn0w=

Step 3: Open Redsn0w again and go to "Extras", now you will select "SHSH blobs" and then "Stitch". Now select "IPSW" and get the ipsw file that you just removed the Baseband update (the NO BB IPSW). =close Redsn0w=

Step 4: Open TinyUmbrella, select the option "Save SHSH" and press "Start TSS Server"

Step 5: Put your iphone in DFU mode (you can use redsn0w to help you with this under "Extras" and by selecting "Pwned DFU" )

Step 6: Run iTunes (it will detect your device in recovery mode), hold shift and click restore. Now select the IPSW that you just stitched with Redsn0w (file name starts with a 13digit number followed by NO BB).

You are done, your iPhone will restore and won't update the baseband so if you have a baseband unlock you can still use it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GSMWorld For This Useful Post: