GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone > New Members Introduce Your Self

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2018, 12:28   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2842417
Thanks Meter: 1
Well I think I should finally write my intro!

Hello GSM forum and thanks for your help to my previous inquiries.

I'm a lady in my mid 30s and I work from my home, but not really lol..I'm always out on my bike meeting people/customers. I live in Toronto core so most of my stuff is done down here.

Most of my business comes from facebook/social networking and of course large group of friends who are fellow bike messengers. I work as a bike messenger too, but end up picking up a fair amount of business that way.

My formal education is BA psychology with minor in comp sci, graduated when I was 23.

I went to school again in my mid 20s and took fashion design- kinda ties into how I got into phones! lol

How did I get into phones?

A few years ago a friend of mine had an LG that was overheating/boot looping. Phone was LG G3 and he had just bought it. Only 6 months old and he was going to toss it. At that time I was kinda into arduinos/adafruit stuff as I liked making clothes that light up. I knew how to solder and how had a pretty decent understanding of micro controllers.

He told me he took it to a repair shop and it worked somewhat fine for 3 weeks- then went back to overheating/booting. He gave me the phone and said he was going to spend $700 and buy another phone...I told him he was stupid because he wasn't working at the time. I told him I could save it.

Anyhow I opened his device, reflowed the chip and added a heat sync (copper tape on shields and in a few other key spots). Cleaned it up a bit too. Looked and felt like a new phone and my friend was envious! LOL joke was on him...

The phone thing kinda took off from there.

I was using ADB and command terminal to unlock phones for a while there, but recently got these unlock boxes. I think they're cool and streamline the process to work faster!

Tools I got:

Hakko soldering iron
Tenma rework station
power supply
large magnifying glass (free standing) with light. This sorta works for micro soldering but I plan to upgrade a scope eventually.
ZXW dongle
iMac 27 inch i7 computer and a beater laptop that runs windows.
tapes,wires, cables etc etc
various other micro controllers and bits..

Unlock boxes:

Chimera tool
Octoplus box