GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Other Gsm/Mobile Related Forums > Unlocking Codes & log files Requests > Phone Unlocking Codes & Maps

Phone Unlocking Codes & Maps All threads regarding Phone's Free Unlocking codes or Maps. Spamming and double Requests are not Allowed.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 16:52   #1 (permalink)

Member: 175947
Thanks Meter: 0
how to unlock motorola v975?

Hello everybody!

First of all, I want to apologize...I don't have 20 postings, but I do not know where else to post this query, for in the motorola section I read that code-queries are not welcome, and really, I am an absolute unprofessional regarding mobile unlocking (I only know how to unlock nokias with the code calculator) - so I hope I will be answered, or informed where I should put my posting in case it is not welcome in this section. Thanx.

The problem is the following: I have won a Motorola V975 mobile, locked to the provider 3 (in Austria). I even won 40€ worth of recharge. Only problem: the package I won did NOT include a SIM card from 3! How funny is that? Thus I can neither use nor recharge my phone
Instead of letting myself be forced into purchasing a SIM card from 3, I decided to better unlock my phone and use the SIM-card I already posess (Telering Austria). Because that is a question of principle, I believe: if I win something, I don't want to be forced to BUY something in order to use what I have won!

My question is: What possibilities are there to unlock my phone for free? Can it be done remotely? Can I unlock the phone with codes (it asks for a subsidy code when I put in my telering SIM)? I have a USB data cable that came along with the package...can I use any free software along with this cable to unlock the V975 phone?

I would be very thankful for a fast reply! Also, if I am wrong in this section, please let me know.

Greetings from Austria,

Kess

Old 08-30-2005, 18:06   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7844
Thanks Meter: 182
hi kess
either u buy the smart clip or else ill find u some1 who has a smart clip in austria !

Old 08-30-2005, 18:07   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7844
Thanks Meter: 182
btw i didnt read all ur post cause its too long and im a bit lazy :P

for free IMPOSSIBLE , v975 has protection . find some1 who has smart clip in your country or else if ur coming on holiday over here in Malta i can do it for u .

Old 08-30-2005, 19:48   #4 (permalink)

Hello mp3hot!

Well, thanx for your reply...for I don't have 20 posts...but I wonder, how to get 20 posts that are not nonsense, if I really don't know much about mobile unlocking...kind of a mission impossible, it seems.

Yes, it would be nice if you could find me somebody in Austria (in Salzburg if possible), who can unlock my phone. Also, your location says Sicily, but you write I can go to Malta so you can unlock my phone, haha - now I don't know where I should go for my next holiday! Shops where you can unlock mobile phones seem to be of a rare species here in Salzburg!

Well, I don't want to make you read more than your lazy eyes can, hehe, so I leave it at that.
But one thing still, is there really no such thing as to unlock the phone via a subsidy code? Wouldn't that be much easier as doing it with that clip thingie?

Thanx again,

Kess

Old 08-30-2005, 19:54   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 104911
Thanks Meter: 42
hi

HI,

There are alot of online sites that unlock motorola phones by IMEI number, but not for free. Juat have a look in the sales section, or search for motorola subsidy code in sales section.

BR
James

Old 08-30-2005, 21:22   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 89571
Thanks Meter: 16
Connect your clip to PC
Start SmartMoto
Select Phone Connection: Smart-Clip USB port
Press Search
You be will be offered a link, follow it, fill out the form and you will receive the key needed to activate the program
Copy the key and paste it into a registration window in SmartMoto software. No more registration is needed
NOTE: From now on! Smart-Clip is allowed to register up to five times. If user needs to register it again, after the limit has been reached, he needs to contact us.
The following option is recommended on Windows 2000/XP to improve communication stability: Disable OS parallel port polling (requires reboot) Unlock procedure for V1050 and V975 (ver R245_xxx):
You need to use SmartMoto to unlock these models

Power on the phone.
Connect it to PC via smart-clip, detect your phone in SmartMoto.
Go to Unlock bookmark, pick your model, press "Start unlock procedure" button.
Phone goes into boot mode, reserve copy of security area is created.
Part of phone Firmware is reflashed.
Phone doesn't power on after that. SmartMoto will give you the message requiring to take phone into boot mode using keys combination: *,#, PWR ON (at this moment the phone has to be connected by usb cable) or using repair cable.
Press "OK" button. Wait till the process ends.
The phone powers on and is ready to be unlocked by Smart-Clip using simple "press one button" method (press Unlock button on Smart-Clip).
Unlock procedure for E378i:
with smart-clip
Power on the phone, connect it to Smart-Clip, press Unlock button.
Phone goes into boot mode.
E/G starts blinking.
Power the phone ON manually within 2-3 seconds after display turns off.
Wait for unlock procedure to complete.
Alternatively you can try to unlock this phone with battery charger on.

Old 08-30-2005, 21:58   #7 (permalink)

Hello Scooter!

That sound like a good tip, since I like to get things done by myself!
However, I am such a newbie, that I don't know what exactly a smart clip is. Is it the data cable that connects the phone via USB port to the pc? Such a cable came along with the package, can I use it?

Thanx for a reply,
Kess

Old 08-30-2005, 22:33   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 104911
Thanks Meter: 42
?

here

here is smart clip

Old 08-30-2005, 22:40   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 129546