GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Chimera Tool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2018, 03:19   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2770461
Thanks Meter: 22
Lumia 800 (RM-801) Cannot Connect

I am trying to connect the phone to Chimera, but every time i try to connect it, it says "Unknown Lumia".
The drivers in Chimera Tool are installed and updated, all over drivers removed. (I uninstalled device/driver until it showed unknown device/no driver, then reinstalled from Chimera)
Windows 10 64-bit.

Connecting it powered on, it detects that it is in normal mode but also says unknown lumia.
Connecting powered off and using vol+, it detects that it is a lumia RM-801 in dload, but it says Unknown Lumia and does not allow me to run any operations.

I tried with different usb cables, different ports, etc. Nothing seems to work. It just stays the same.

This is my first operation with Chimera tool, and I am having a really bad experience.

Help, please =/
Old 12-14-2018, 13:46   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1766567
Thanks Meter: 1,788
Press your 'Windows' button, right click computer and click 'Manage', once this opens up on the left click on 'Device manager'.
You should see the problematic device with a yellow exclamation mark on it listed under 'Portable Devices'.

Right click to 'Uninstall Driver'.
Now lets click on 'Action' at the top of the Device manager screen, then click 'Scan for hardware changes'.
After a few seconds it will detect the device, once this is done right click the device and select 'Update Driver Software...',
Next select 'Browse my computer for driver software',
in this window click on 'Browse..' off to the right then navigate to the following,
C:/ Windows/ inf, then click 'Open'.
Press Next and the drivers will update.
Old 12-14-2018, 14:02   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1377783
Sonork: 100.1611724
Thanks Meter: 3,336
Donate money to this user
Hi, in order to get full drivers conflict solve, please just install ZUNE... desactivate auto detection for device and you will be ok... chimera will recognize all windows mobile devices...

Best Regards
Shensohau
Old 12-14-2018, 21:06   #4 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2770461
Thanks Meter: 22
Hi. Thanks for the feedback, but neither of these suggestions worked.

The phone detects fine in Portable Devices (tried with several drivers, all same result).

I think the important driver is DLOAD, not the device under portable devices. This device is supposed to be connected in DLOAD mode for servicing purposes.

I installed ZUNE but it still seems to use the same drivers that come with Chimera.

Any other possible suggestions?

Expected Results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srn0mS_EYyU

Actual Results:
Old 03-13-2019, 12:22   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2900150
Thanks Meter: 0
Same issue

Hi dmonsta86,

I know your problem is a couple of month old now, but I wonder if you eventualy had any success in connecting your phone to Chimera Tools ?

I'm in the exact same situation and none of the suggested options worked. Chimera support is pretty useless so far, just asking me to "press vol up while pluging usb" which I had obviously done right from the start ..

Thanks for your help (I bought a 3 days 'start' license from Chimera and time is running fast waiting for an answer on their side ...)
Old 08-30-2019, 10:57   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1359472
Thanks Meter: 1
Same problem and not solution yet from Chimera team
Old 09-03-2019, 10:56   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1359472
Thanks Meter: 1
Problem only salve with windows,
Need to open chimera in windows 7 and read nck
Because in windows 10 driver problem and chimera support failed until resalve issue