Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|02-22-2013, 10:26||#1 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: India [AvatorBox Helpdesk]
Thanks Meter: 561
ALL WINNER A13 ROM DUMPER (Rom Backup)
-This tool dumps the firmware of your A13 onto your PC using ADB.
-If you are not familiar with ADB seek the web for more info.
-This dump requires to have an SD card mounted in the device with at least 512MB free space available.
-Note that this dump is not a ROM that you can flash, however with the ROM kitchen it's possible to rebuilt a flashable ROM
using the files from the dump.
What does it do:
-Uses ADB (included in the package) to dump the entire content of the A13 that has been connected
-Makes a dump on the device's SD card and then pulls it to your local computer
The Following User Says Thank You to MOHIT_THAREJA For This Useful Post:
|03-13-2013, 16:34||#3 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: Apr 2010
Thanks Meter: 129
I tried this rom dumper to make a backup of my a13 tablet for my future use if something goes wrong with my tab. But I have some question around my head, what specific kitchen should I use to make it flashable with livesuite. Thank you very much.
|07-13-2013, 14:26||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanks Meter: 21
method to restore
Could you explain how to restore by adb method please ...
|09-01-2013, 15:48||#11 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2012
Thanks Meter: 5,634
How to set up ADB
Important: This is needed for almost everything posted here.
1. Turn USB debugging on, then connect the tablet to your PC.
2. Download ADB and the ADB drivers.
3. The ADB driver program should automatically install the needed drivers for your tablet.
4. Extract ADB.zip to C:/. That's it, you've set up ADB.
Installing ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery
1. Download NovoTools and install it to your tablet. Download CWM as well.
2. Place the recovery.img to your tablet's internal memory. It should be under /mnt/sdcard.
3. Open NovoTools and touch "Flash recovery".
4. NovoTools should display a confirmation. To check, click "Enter recovery mode".
How to install or restore a firmware dump
1. Extract your dump files at the root of your microSD card. You should see bootloader.img, boot.img, data.tgz, recovery.img and system.tgz. Insert the card into the tablet.
2. Install CWM using NovoTools and boot into recovery mode.
3. Navigate to mounts and storage.
4. Using a command prompt, type adb shell.
5. Format everything except /sdcard and /sd-ext.
6. Mount everything except /sd-ext.
7. Enter the following commands on the command prompt.
cat /sdcard/bootloader.img > /dev/block/nanda
cat /sdcard/boot.img > /dev/block/nandc
busybox tar -C /system/ -zxvf /sdcard/system.tgz
busybox tar -C /data/ -zxvf /sdcard/data.tgz
8. After the tablet restarts, do a factory reset to restore root access.
How to create a firmware dump for backup
1. Install and download Uberizer.
2. Launch Uberizer, then connect your tablet. Make sure USB debugging is enabled.
3. After your tablet is detected, select i. A1x firmware menu.
4. Select 3. Dump A1x firmware to /rom_dumps.
5. Follow the instructions given to you by Uberizer.
6. Your firmware dump is located inside Uberizer's rom_dumps folder. Back it up and place it somewhere safe.
How to use ImageSuite
1. Download and unzip Imagesuite somewhere accessible.
2. Place the *.img file in the same folder.
3. Drag the *.img file into extract img.bat
4. The *.img file will be decompiled into a image.img.dump folder. This will take a while.
5. Do what editing you want, then drag the image.img.dump folder to repack_ics.bat. repack_ics.bat will also work for Jelly Bean firmwares. The image.img.dump folder will be recompiled into image.img, which is flashabe via Livesuit.
How to pull your script.bin using Uberizer.
1. Connect your tablet to your PC with USB debugging enabled.
2. Download and install Uberizer.
3. Select i. A1X Firmware Menu, then select 8.Dump script.bin (to uberizer root dir).
4. Your tablet's script.bin is located at C:/Program Files/TechKnow/Uberizer.
How to create an lsmod output
1. Set up ADB, connect your tablet and turn on USB debugging.
2. Open a command prompt, and type adb shell lsmod.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Umesh_Arora For This Useful Post: