GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Android based Phones / Tablets > Android Tablets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2017, 11:43   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2764850
Thanks Meter: 1
Help - Need ProntoTec Firmware (ATM7021A M2101B_V1.0 2014-07-18)

Hello. My ProntoTec Axius 7 inch tablet had soft bricked this past Sunday and my attempts to unbrick it on my own have failed so far. Here's a rundown on the problems I encountered.

1. When booting up normally, this tablet would show a "ProntoTec" screen followed by an "Android" screen. Now, it remains stuck on the "ProntoTec" screen forever and the "Android" screen never shows up anymore.

2. I searched online for this tablet's original firmware for the following: ATM7021A (Processor), M2101B_V1.0 2014-07-18 (Board ID). However, I can't find that firmware anywhere despite five days of searching.

3. I tried to access "Android System Recovery <3e>" many, many times, but the following always happen:
  • Pressing and holding Volume + and Power failed to bring up "Android System Recovery <3e>."
  • Pressing and holding Volume - and Power failed to bring up "Android System Recovery <3e>."
  • Pressing and holding Volume +, Volume -, and Power failed to bring up "Android System Recovery <3e>."
4. A company named ProntoTec (an unfamiliar, cheap tablet brand) released this tablet a few years ago. Although this company's website was accessible 2+ years ago, it seems to be a dead link now. Apparently, ProntoTec is still a registered trademark from Citus, LLC, but customer support seems unlikely at this point.

After noticing a few ATM7021A firmware postings here, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for help here. Does anyone have the ATM7021A (Processor) M2101B_V1.0 2014-07-18 (Board ID) firmware available?

Also, if this firmware is not available, should I flash a new firmware despite the risk of incapability and overwriting the bootloader and/or partition tables?

For reference, here's some additional info on this tablet.
  • Model: ProntoTec Axius Series
  • Model Number: N/A (NOTE: This was never found on any of this tablet's packaging and manual)
  • Tablet Processor: ATM7021A
  • Board ID (Production Date): M2101B_V1.0 (2014-07-18)
  • Brand Name: ProntoTec
  • OS: Android 4.2.2 (NOTE: This tablet's firmware never gave me the option to upgrade to a newer Android OS)
  • LCD: 7" Capacitive Touchscreen (16:9, 5 Point)
  • Resolution: 800×480 Pixels
  • CPU: ARM Cortex-A8 1.2 GHz
  • RAM: 512 MB
  • ROM: NAND Flash 4 GB
  • S/N: B00GMDCCRS

Last edited by Kupochu; 10-07-2017 at 11:44. Reason: Formatting
The Following User Says Thank You to Kupochu For This Useful Post: