GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair

iPhone, iPad, iPod Hardware Repair Hardware Repair discussions for iPhone, iPod , iPad & Apple Products, help, guides.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2017, 02:56   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2739686
Thanks Meter: 0
Is this 6s Plus Fixable?

Hi, i usually work on PC's but occasionaly get the odd phone to try and fix. I have a 6S Plus here that 1. is full up 2. only shows a backlit screen when it wants to. I connected it to the latest itunes it said it needed to be restored or repaired so i went repaired. it downloaded a 2.6 gig file and i was hoping it would just overwrite what it needed to on the phone, well it did bugger all. ended up got an error: "If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device" and then how to do the repair\restore sequence i just did. next time i did the restore but got no further. is there any way to get around this without removing chips and deleting some software as i'm presuming the "too much data" problem is causing the problem or at least started it. It doesn't respond to button presses too well either. only when it needs to be powered down. i DID see the apple logo come up once but that's a rare occasion, only when fiddling with the repair\restore options. Is there anything else i can try before handing it back to the owner?

Cheers all.

Gary.
Old 07-25-2017, 23:10   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2737661
Thanks Meter: 1
If you ran the restore you just deleted all the customer's data. I hope your customer has a backup and is understanding.

There could be a number of problems but you didn't give enough information. Does the screen have any damage? Did you try a new screen? Does the phone have water damage? Is the phone detected by itunes when not in DFU mode whether you have an image on the screen or not? When there is no backlight, have you shined a light on the screen just to determine if the backlight is out but there is still an image?
Old 07-26-2017, 11:02   #3 (permalink)

I thought i might have left out a few details. Yeah they pretty much know it's screwed. her BF has worked on quite a few phoes and he didn't have much luck. the phone had nothing on the screen but the backlight would come on randomly when it was charging via pc or wall charger) That's all that would show up. no noise just backlight. Itunes comes up with a screen recognising a device is connected. serial number is N/A Doesn't mention any make or model. NOTHING. just puts up a msg about it needing to be restored or repaired. repair downloaded a 2.5 gig file, then "prepared" the device and came up with the error i posted. i tried a few times but just said same thing. i'm not sure if it was when repairing or restoring (i think it was when i was restoring) that the phone rebooted a couple times and at one stage i seen the apple logo come on. Looked fine, no issues with the screen. Owners BF replaced the screen a few months ago. she said it was almost full of apps and photos and crap when it just went blank and started doing this stuff. no water damage etc etc. basically was working fine then just shut off (i think she said it went to sleep after sitting for a while) and here we are. As far as people losing data that's THEIR problem. i see it all the time. people sooking because they "lost all their kiddies photos" well derr, how about you copy them or cloud them. i don't tolerate that "issue" of lazyness. That's just me i guess. I do videography and i back up ALL THE TIME. Can't afford not to.
Old 07-26-2017, 14:15   #4 (permalink)

Yea, I make my customers' sign stuff about data loss so that if they lose data they should be aware of the possibility and can't legally blame me. I wish I could help you more with your problem but I am new to board level diagnosis and just learning where to begin myself. If you don't have any experience in board-level repairs you could ultimately fix the device by replacing the logic board if they want to spend that much money. Just make sure when you buy a replacement board you get the correct carrier and that it isn't iCloud locked or blacklisted or IMEI troubles. If you can't find a new separate logic board for replacement sometimes you can get a good deal out of a used phone or a broken phone off eBay. Shouldn't matter since their data is most like gone already.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:21   #5 (permalink)

how does one check boards legitimacy before purchasing? will IMEI check tell if it's blacklisted etc?
Old 07-28-2017, 05:00   #6 (permalink)

There are places you can check the IMEI number (just google). It would also be good to check the phone carriers website, like if you buy a Verizon logic board to check the IMEI number on their site to make sure it was carrier blacklisted (even if it is an unlocked board it probably has an original carrier).