GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > IP-BOX (The SMART Tool)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2017, 16:03   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2740220
Thanks Meter: 4
[Info] IP Box kit

The IP Box is for me a bit confusing, since I understood, it's actually a type of "kit" :
  • Hardware
  • Software
The hardware-part seems to be the metal, gold colored box, including some adapters for memory-ICs, like :
  • LGA52/60 adapter
  • EEPROM-adapter
  • SPI-flash adapter
The software-part is the program, which can control this hardware-part.

As I understand, the hardware-part can interface with all kind of memory-ICs of iDevices (iPod, iPad and iPhone). In order to control this hardware-part, the following is required :
  • USB-cable
  • Drivers
  • Software-control
An USB-cable is for connecting a computer to this hardware-part.
A driver is a part of software, which tells a PC and it's OS (Operating System, like Windows 8) how to communicate with the IP Box (hardware).
Next, you need to send commands to this IP Box (hardware) by using software (program). It's a bit confusing for a newbie, but this software is also called "IP Box", which should be installed at a PC.

So, an IP Box "kit" can modify data at memory-ICs of iDevices. These ICs should be desoldered / removed from a iDevice. At YouTube several videos can be found, about how to perform this job by HotAir desoldering machines.
After removal, the IC can be connected to a socket, which can be inserted in the IP Box (remember, gold color box). From this moment, IP Box (software) can be started for modifying some data at this IC.

By my profession, I often notice there's a huge gap between developers / techies and end-users. For a developer it's easy to understand how something works, for a end-user it might be a mystery. I design myself some hardware and software and therefore am fully aware of this problem. That's why I always write manuals for users, when I develop tools / kits. Now, when I focus at the IP Box, looking for instructions or a manual it's hard to figure out how things work, and what it can do.
At this site, you can find plenty "manuals" in several topics for the IP Box "kit" :
  • written in hard to understand "English"
  • screenshots of software, including an explanation in short words
  • links to Youtube-videos, in languages which not everybody speaks
If you want to sell your product, it's important end-users understand what they buy and what they can do with it.
It's the reason why I write this message. Not only hoping the developers to respond with info / answers, also informing end-users with the desired info.

Hardware
As said, the IP Box "kit" contains a hardware-part. It's for modifying data, stored at memory-ICs, used in iDevices. I'd like to know what type if ICs and what type of data is stored at what IC.

So far, I understood the following :
NAND
Acts like a harddisk at a computer. Some iDevices contain a 16GB NAND, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and I expect in the near future it'll be even (much) larger. The NAND is produced by several manufacturers (i.e. Hynix, Toshiba). Inside each NAND hardware-parameters are stored like an ID, actual size in bits/bytes, manufacturer, page-size etc. This parameters are hard-printed and can't be modified.

A NAND can also store huge amounts of "flexible" data, like :
- OS (like iOS 11.x.x)
- Apps (WhatsApp, Mozilla FireFox)
- SerialNr (I don't know it's purpose, but is used by Apple as a type of identifyer)
- Manufacturer Device (to identify the type / make of iDevice)
- Region (For what market it was intended to be sold / used)
- BlueTooth MAC-address (Identifying address, like your homeaddress)
- WiFi MAC-address (Identifying address, like your homeaddress)

Probably even more data, and it would be nice if the experts are willing to add / share this info overhere.

EEPROM
EEPROM is also a type of memory, but operates at a much slower rate than NAND. It's used to store data, which will not often change or should be modified. I'm not fully aware of it, but so far I noticed, most of the time some basic and important data for identifying purposes are stored overhere.
- Fingerprint
- ... ?

SPI-flash
I've no clue, where it's even located at a board, nor what it's used for.

Experts, please add info.
Old 07-28-2017, 21:44   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 302596
Thanks Meter: 784
Donate money to this user
Quote:
If you want to sell your product, it's important end-users understand what they buy and what they can do with it.
It's the reason why I write this message. Not only hoping the developers to respond with info / answers, also informing end-users with the desired info.
This question i answered : simply as posted on many website and also the author and some other personnel trying to explained but there is so many user asking again and again for the same question : SIMPLY IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THIS PRODUCT DON'T BUY IT as the other says

and also they didn't put the proper tutorial how to work with it to avoid the cruded of repairs on apple market, THIS IS MY VIEW

and for SPI flasher

this tool can modified some eeprom not only by apple, if you are electronic technician you can understand the means of SPI,

can remove the password of vios etc,like dvd or modem router and any others appliances that has this IC supported by IPBOX SPI flasher

if you familiar with this then you know what i mean

Last edited by maxieboy; 07-28-2017 at 21:49.
The Following User Says Thank You to maxieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2017, 00:17   #3 (permalink)

I can fully understand it's annoying if "users asking again and again" for information about what an IP Box can do or not and how it operates. On the other side, if it's annoying, you should wonder why are they asking it over and over again ? By this valuable information you can figure out how to solve this problem.

If you won't solve such a problem, you'll never stop users asking for information in all kind of (non-related) topics, which makes it even more annoying for you and other experts. Maybe it's an idea to create a clear manual, describing some basics about an iDevice (or iPhone in specific) and also details about the program "IP Box". Show / inform what each settings in this program does / means. Additionally, you can even add screenshots or photos.

What you suggest is similar like driving a car. If you don't understand how a car works, stay away from it. Luckily there are driving-lessons for those who plan to drive a car. By learning this, passing a driving-test, they consider buying a car.
Don't want to sell cars as a manufacturer ? Fine, create a complicated car, release zero information about its specs , how to drive it or repair. Only inform scarcely some taxi-drivers, so only they can drive such a car to earn money.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:34   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

i understand what are you trying to say ,as my point of you. they do these to control the market, look at now unlocking for apple ID for iphone is too expensive, because few people know how to do it, did you think if out of 100% 80% of it can do unlocking apple ID what was the result ? the price will down or may be the company will close like nokia and seimens before even sony ericson if you remember

in my opinion

on this case only pro technician can understand and take a risk not by sunday unlocker earn money and let go

if you want to learn how to do it there is so many ways not on public forum.

try to search the WL tools team if you can see they didn't share the solution on public only accredited user or company does

salute
Old 08-01-2017, 00:27   #5 (permalink)

Actually you say : "Want to sell (a lot), but don't want buyers able to use it..."

I hope this is not the actual intention of the manufacturer of IP Box.
However, if it is like you said, I wonder what the reason is to give access to this site, in order to get the IP Box promoted. Or there are some mysterious reasons which I don't get.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:11   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

hi

i think they want to sale a lot for those who understand the product, not by new technician learning this method and it will be lead to price dumper, ofcourse there is a proper way on it, just keep searching and you found some various answer on internet nor on this forum

regards