GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Lenovo (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f958/)
-   -   Lenovo vibe K5 Note a7020a48 ROM Dump using FLASH Tool (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f958/lenovo-vibe-k5-note-a7020a48-rom-dump-using-flash-tool-2323741/)

lenovok5note768 01-11-2018 02:28

Lenovo vibe K5 Note a7020a48 ROM Dump using FLASH Tool

Hi Friends,

This is my first post in this forum & I'm newbie too. First of all thanks for members as well as the hosting team for keeping such a wonderful helping site....:eek:

I have started this tread for seeking some great helps regarding the ROM Dump from a working phone (Lenovo K5 Note).

I have a working Lenovo Vibe K5 Note (A7020a48) with international ROM. I came to know that there is a possibility of backing up our own ROM from a working phone using flash tool with read back option. I'm trying to do that on my working phone. But unfortunately I couldn't find any resources or tutorial in the internet to assist me in this event. So if any of my friends in this forum can flash some light on this process, it will be very helpful for me. If some one can share some tutorial to do this with K5 Note, its a great warm welcome for me to this great forum.

(Sorry if somebody have already posted tutorial for this sole purpose, please forgive. Actually I search this whole forum, but couldn't find this for my phone model. May be if its a missing from my side, please provide me that missing link)

Thanks to all in advance for all great help & support....:)

Brka 01-11-2018 23:11

Download factory stock rom from some of posts in this sub-forum (Lenovo),
use search to find it.

Then load scatter file in SPFT, open scatter file with notepad++,
search in it address of "cache" partition - that is ending point for readback.

After, use read memory tab in spft, add new file to read,
choose save location, file name (ie: a7020a48-my-backup.bin),
input start address 0x0, end address/length is cache beginning address.
Finally press readback button and connect powered off phone to cable.
Wait for process finish, and that's it.

Note: You will make full ROM backup this way, WITHOUT userdata (phone data - pictures, contacts, settings, etc.).
If you want to make WHOLE / FULL PHONE backup - ending address for readback is
ending address of USERDATA partition,
which is calculated via start address of userdata+length of partition.
All is written in scatter file.

A lot of videos on how to do all of this you can find - HERE

b.r.
Alex

lenovok5note768 01-12-2018 18:53

Thank you so much my dear friend. You are expert & fantastic..:eek:.. I have gone through your posts & threads and all are so informative..Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have followed what you have advised & I got my ROM dump file. But the file which I receive is one file of size around 4 GB. But this file is not detecting by the SPFT. Could you please advise me how can I convert this file to a readable format for SPFT for flashing purpose.

I have gone through the YouTube videos which you have given the link. One video shows to use the MTK Droid Tool to convert this Rom Dump File. But unfortunately that tool doesn't show me that option (To process file ROM_from Flash tool) for my phone model. I don't know whether it is any version issue or this phone model is not supporting one. Also I doubt whether this require root access. My phone is not rooted. I press the button ROOT in Droid Tool to check. This also not working for my phone model. Could you please help me in this issue. Thanks a lot my friend..:)

Brka 01-13-2018 00:42

Full readback rom can be written via "Write memory" option,
Pressing CTRL + ALT + V in spft, then drop-down menu "Window", and select "Write memory".
New tab will appear, where you can select readed file, and start address for writing. (0x0)

Or ...

If you want scatter-like files ...

Check in SPFT folder for file named "Option.ini".
Open it in notepad++ , find this :

[ReadBack]
ShowByScatter=false

change false to true, save file, restart SPFT.
Load desired scatter file for your phone.
Now, in readback you will have all partitions, named as in scatter file.
You can select what to read, double click each row to select save location and file name.
Rest of procedure is same as for full rom_0 readback.

File naming must be in order with scatter naming,
or otherwise, to use such readed files,
you will need to edit scatter file itself, and manually put each partition name.

ie - standard naming :
system.img
lk.bin
preloader_xxxxxxx.bin
secro.img
logo.bin

etc.

Best idea - find similar or same stock rom,
to see name of files in that package.

p.s. If scatter-type rom readback is made,
and writing of files fail - means that factory flash files are SIGNED,
and readback you made can not be used.
However, in such case, full rom_0 backup still can be written via Memory Write option.
That's why it is more usefull imho.

b.r.
Alex