GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > xtc2cliP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 16:59   #16 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2416253
Thanks Meter: 4,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo697 View Post
I hard reboot the tablet and it freezes on detect smart sd LOADING OP82DIAG . zip
Please help me!!!!!
Disconnect the cable and let it boot.
Old 01-10-2017, 17:21   #17 (permalink)

Member: 2670841
Thanks Meter: 0
Nothing. it stays like that so i have to hard reboot it again. Any other trick?
Old 01-11-2017, 01:39   #18 (permalink)

Hi my friend

The tablet is stuck in "Fastboot mode" and not working "recovery mode" and the device status "LOCKED."
This error occurred in the middle of an OTA update from Google. And when i select the recovery from fastboot menu it shows a black screen with google logo for not even a second and goes straight back to fastboot menu.

I followed your guide but as i said the tablet freezes and is not responsive so always i have to hard reboot it.

Can i do anything else or use something else except xtc2clip?

Thank you
Old 01-14-2017, 06:36   #19 (permalink)

Finally i fixed it. After hours of different methods but with the same output (the tablet freezing after i was inserting the y-cable while being on fastboot and hard rebooting each time) i came to the solution by making my own y-cable (previous came with the xtc2clip and its perfect, nothing wrong with it) and powering it with a 3.7v 400mah battery that i had. And BOOOOM it worked, so if anyone else having same issue i recommend to power the xtc2clip with 3.7v insted of 5v. So happy now, flashed latest Nougat firmware and it is like new. I have one more question, why on bootloader it still says OS-n/a ?
Old 01-02-2018, 23:00   #20 (permalink)

Member: 2795559
Quote:
Originally Posted by webzone136 View Post
hi
when I attach to pc to cable tablet go freeze
thankyou
I get this exact same problem. I tried half a dozen different chargers, and two different laptops for a power source, and two different micro-SD readers, the result is always the same, HBOOT is completely locked up once it boots.
Old 01-02-2018, 23:34   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo697 View Post
Finally i fixed it. After hours of different methods but with the same output (the tablet freezing after i was inserting the y-cable while being on fastboot and hard rebooting each time) i came to the solution by making my own y-cable (previous came with the xtc2clip and its perfect, nothing wrong with it) and powering it with a 3.7v 400mah battery that i had. And BOOOOM it worked, so if anyone else having same issue i recommend to power the xtc2clip with 3.7v insted of 5v. So happy now, flashed latest Nougat firmware and it is like new. I have one more question, why on bootloader it still says OS-n/a ?
I rigged up a 3.7V USB power source and it made no difference - HBOOT is still completely unresponsive when booting into it with the xtc2clip connected.. Very disappointed given it is a relatively expensive kit.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:45   #22 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 220603
Thanks Meter: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerload View Post
I rigged up a 3.7V USB power source and it made no difference - HBOOT is still completely unresponsive when booting into it with the xtc2clip connected.. Very disappointed given it is a relatively expensive kit.
if you can use volume keys in hboot without clip this problem could be caused by power source or ycable not good
power y cable with charger or pc usb port

P.S clip is not expensive untill you have purchased it for one phone (personal use not commercial)
Old 01-04-2018, 17:20   #23 (permalink)

I guess I'm returning the clip for a refund, then.
Old 01-04-2018, 18:19   #24 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 220603
Thanks Meter: 1,164
I think if clip is not working than u can return but if u don’t know how to use it than u can’t return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018, 11:33   #25 (permalink)

Member: 2808610
Hello,

I have the "freezing" issue on a frp and bootloader locked Nexus 9 every time I try to go to hboot with the xtc2clip connected with y cable and power source.

Bootloader is 3.50.0.0143

After reading all posts about xtc2clip and Nexus 9, I dismantled the y cable I had with the xtc2clip : ok with the schematics found here.

I try every combination possible with y cable : otg with power source, non otg with power source (as schematics), power source replaced by 3.7v battery : same issue : freeze on hboot.

Doe anyone with this freezing issue manage to connect his xtc2clip on Nexus 9 ?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:57   #26 (permalink)

Some interesting news about freezing.

In case that was from a bad image, I write the image2015 on an old 4go usb key.
Just to see if somehing is happening ?

Plug into my home made y cable (conform to schematics in order to be sure, power on wall adapter) and !! No freeze in hboot and reading the usb key and .... trying to do something with 0P82DIAG and 0P82IMG !!!

So, I'm quite sure the issue is due to all the micro sdcard reader I'm using beacause after that, I try with a standart sdcard with the readers I was using with the clip, and ... Freeze !

If somebody has a reference for a sdcard reader he used on a Nexus 9 (and that worked of course), I'm really interested !

Thank's in advance.
Old 02-08-2018, 15:28   #27 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Just get a couple of cheap (3-5 USD) microsd readers from your local store and keep it for your work.

I have around 30 of them, we bought it many years ago to make a test to find the "best one", but it turned out, that there is no single piece that would work on every phone.
I had one good reader which was working fine, but failed to work and caused trouble on another phone suddently.
So just have 2-3 readers and try them in case of any problems.
Old 02-08-2018, 21:44   #28 (permalink)

Hello,

Thank's for the info. I will buy some and see if I find one wich works with my Nexus.

By the way, what is strange is that under Android with an otg cable, on this Nexus 9, the reader is ok with the clip. The bootloader must have some specificities that leads to this issue.
Old 02-09-2018, 20:00   #29 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blop1759 View Post
Hello,

Thank's for the info. I will buy some and see if I find one wich works with my Nexus.

By the way, what is strange is that under Android with an otg cable, on this Nexus 9, the reader is ok with the clip. The bootloader must have some specificities that leads to this issue.
Yes, bootloader is usually pretty much limited when it comes to hardware.
Old 02-12-2018, 21:13   #30 (permalink)

Hello,

Finally, I got it !!

I bought 3 new sd card readers, but, one died after few minutes, one is really not adapted (working fine but not even booting on a pc ! ), and the third was working but not with the clip or with a sd card on the Nexus with my home made y cable ....

But, I also bought a strange y cable : an otg "L" adapter, in order to have power while in otg mode. It wasn't for the Nexus at all, but ... let's try ...

And this "L" otg adapter worked totally fine with the clip and the third cheap sd card reader !

So my home made cable, with good wiring, good soldering, good contacts, is not working but this strange black box in "L" shape ... is working fine.

I'll keep it preciously for the next htcs ^^