GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > xtc2cliP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 23:36   #31 (permalink)

Member: 2420279
Thanks Meter: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismath0094 View Post
Hi team,
i bought power adapter. i have installed the drivers. i tried to s-off. unfortunately im unable to s-off. please anyone can help me to solve my problem.
i got two messages . i have searched it are the any video clips to check. but i couldn't get any off it.

1. Checking phone connectivity...
Warning! Your phone does not see the XTC 2 Clip, please try to reconnect it, and then reboot to download/fastboot mode. In case of failure again, check your flex cable for damage.
Phone connection confirmed!
HTC KEY CARD VERSION: 7
2. Checking Server connectivity...
Server connection confirmed!
3. Checking PowerAdapter connectivity...
Process started
PowerAdapter connected, processing request to adapter...
Starting operation...
Sending oem reboot-download
... OKAY
Execution time is 3(ms)
Waiting for the phone to reboot...
Phone DISconnected
Phone connected [FA74JBN02509] *** Fastboot mode
Phone connected
Sending oem readimei
... (bootloader) imei: 3542....................
OKAY
Execution time is 1(s)
Operation completed!
Releasing adapter.
Request completed

1. Checking phone connectivity...
Warning! Your phone does not see the XTC 2 Clip, please try to reconnect it, and then reboot to download/fastboot mode. In case of failure again, check your flex cable for damage.
Phone connection confirmed!
HTC KEY CARD VERSION: 7
2. Checking Server connectivity...
Server connection confirmed!
3. Checking PowerAdapter connectivity...
Process started
PowerAdapter connected, processing request to adapter...
Starting operation...
Sending oem reboot-download
... OKAY
Execution time is 2(ms)
Waiting for the phone to reboot...
Phone DISconnected
Phone connected [FA74JBN02509] *** Fastboot mode
Phone connected
Sending oem writesecureflag 0
... (bootloader) HTC KEY CARD VERSION: 7
FAILPERMISSION DENY (NOT_FIND_SMART_IO)
FAILED (remote: PERMISSION DENY (NOT_FIND_SMART_IO))
Execution time is 156(ms)
Operation completed!
Releasing adapter.
Request completed

please help me to fix the issue
thanks.
First of all, read the post immediately above yours. It tells you that S-OFF isn't currently available. Maybe it will be one day.

Secondly, if the warning explicitly states the phone cannot see the XTC 2 Clip, you might want to check your flex cables, and verify you have the Clip inserted into the micro-sd slot of your phone properly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zanziman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2017, 10:03   #32 (permalink)

Member: 1290061
Thanks Meter: 61
So i managed to do s-off on u11. however i wanted to change IME so i did using oem write command.
IME was changed in BL and DL mode but in the OS the old IME is still present any info on this ?
Old 08-29-2017, 15:20   #33 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2416253
Thanks Meter: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by george241312 View Post
So i managed to do s-off on u11. however i wanted to change IME so i did using oem write command.
IME was changed in BL and DL mode but in the OS the old IME is still present any info on this ?
Hello,

We are aware of this, and are working to fix it ASAP.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:02   #34 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2674678
Thanks Meter: 17
Hello, any solution for u11 to get back from relocked to locked?
Old 09-22-2017, 04:06   #35 (permalink)

Member: 2592998
Thanks Meter: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc2clip View Post
Hello,

We are aware of this, and are working to fix it ASAP.
Been getting close to a month since was posted were working on a fix to get imei repair to survive and stick booting the U11 in to the operating system. Any word on this ?

Many are waiting on this fix as I"am. Such as I have a sprint U11 converted to the USA unlocked version and I need to get a verizon imei wrote to it as I believe it will then get all the missing bands working as verizon wont release an updated radio for the U11 that will get these missing verizon bands working on the U11.

Its no wonder why verizon is one of the most despised companies in the USA.
Old 09-22-2017, 20:48   #36 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
Been getting close to a month since was posted were working on a fix to get imei repair to survive and stick booting the U11 in to the operating system. Any word on this ?

Many are waiting on this fix as I"am. Such as I have a sprint U11 converted to the USA unlocked version and I need to get a verizon imei wrote to it as I believe it will then get all the missing bands working as verizon wont release an updated radio for the U11 that will get these missing verizon bands working on the U11.

Its no wonder why verizon is one of the most despised companies in the USA.
This fix will probably be included in next release (1.34, 1.33 is just out today).
Are you trying to say that Verizon modem is somehow locked to their IMEI range?
Old 09-23-2017, 04:58   #37 (permalink)

Just curious to know as verizon seems to tie everything to imei, where carriers like at&t and tmobile could care less what device your running all they care about is that your device is not blacklisted. Verizon just holds too much control and they are arrogant thinking everyone has to accept their controlling business tactics.

I just want to change my Sprint U11 imei to my pixel xl one and see if it resolves my issues. I run a verizon mvno so I cant just activate the sim in any verizon phone and pop it in my sprint U11 and get it to work. It will not work because the only way devices work right on a verizon mvno is it your device matches the imei that you have registered with said mvno for that sim card.

I just bet I change my imei to my pixel xl one and it will work right and I just might end up in the process with all of the verizon bands working.

So many devs figure things out by guessing I just have that curiosity and esapecially when it comes to undermining how verizon locks down devices and a lot is based on imei.

Just as the verizon pixel and xl they are believed to contact a google server to confirm weather the phone is allowed to be bootloader unlocked or not and that is most likely confirming its a verizon imei on the device to not allow the bootloader to be unlocked.
Old 09-23-2017, 21:01   #38 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
Just curious to know as verizon seems to tie everything to imei, where carriers like at&t and tmobile could care less what device your running all they care about is that your device is not blacklisted. Verizon just holds too much control and they are arrogant thinking everyone has to accept their controlling business tactics.

I just want to change my Sprint U11 imei to my pixel xl one and see if it resolves my issues. I run a verizon mvno so I cant just activate the sim in any verizon phone and pop it in my sprint U11 and get it to work. It will not work because the only way devices work right on a verizon mvno is it your device matches the imei that you have registered with said mvno for that sim card.

I just bet I change my imei to my pixel xl one and it will work right and I just might end up in the process with all of the verizon bands working.

So many devs figure things out by guessing I just have that curiosity and esapecially when it comes to undermining how verizon locks down devices and a lot is based on imei.

Just as the verizon pixel and xl they are believed to contact a google server to confirm weather the phone is allowed to be bootloader unlocked or not and that is most likely confirming its a verizon imei on the device to not allow the bootloader to be unlocked.

Worth to try, but I doubt there are any IMEI bounds in fact.
So are you trying to get Sprint U11 to work on Verizon? Did you try to flash Verizon-specific firmware into this U11?
Old 09-24-2017, 18:01   #39 (permalink)

Member: 2167359
Thanks Meter: 20
Quote:
So are you trying to get Sprint U11 to work on Verizon? Did you try to flash Verizon-specific firmware into this U11?
Verizon didn't release a u11, they allowed the unlocked variant on the network, so no verizon specific firmwares are public
Old 09-25-2017, 16:36   #40 (permalink)

Member: 2350594
Thanks Meter: 9
Hello, I have tried to repair the imei of the HTC U11 and it has not been possible, as it writes the imei and on the operating system does not recognize the imei repaired, please help,
Old 09-26-2017, 08:05   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes I converted my sprint U11 to the unlocked version with temp s-off from root ninja then ran the USA unlocked RUU and I changed the cid to the unlocked version. I have service with a verizon prepaid mvno and to have data working on them you have to activate the actual imei and not just activate your sim in any verizon phone then pop the sim in, so I tried writing the imei of my google pixel xl to my U11 to solve this problem, and but as listed the imei reverts to the original when the phone is booted to the operating system, so we need a fix for this.

I would at least like to get this fixed until the new Htc U11 plus comes out in november.

I"am going to try switching to verizon prepaid, and if that does not work going to ditch verizon and go with Cricket ( at&t ) but in Ohio verizon has a lot better coverage over at&t but if I cant get this to work I will have no choice.

Just tired of verizon's load of bull always making things as difficult as possible.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:13   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albekill View Post
Hello, I have tried to repair the imei of the HTC U11 and it has not been possible, as it writes the imei and on the operating system does not recognize the imei repaired, please help,
This has been reported by myself and others previously. OP has posted that they expect to have a fix coming soon in the next update which the latest update was out days ago so hopefully when the next update comes out it will be fixed for imei repair to survive the temp root issue.

Would be nice if Htc added full s-off support to their next software update so root ninja can crack this puppy open so we can do as I want to do and write a verizon imei to my previously sprint version Htc U11 so I can have mine working correctly on total wireless and get unlimited talk and text on verizon towers and 5 gb's of roll over verizon lte data for $35 a month
Old 10-18-2017, 07:12   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Are they any where close on getting imei repair to stick on the U11 ? Its been a few weeks since this was last discussed. The imei repair works while s-off but once back booted in to the operating system it goes back to s-on and when that happens the imei reverts back to the stock oem imei.

Hoping to get this to stick so I can repair my sprint U11 imei to a verizon pixel xl one, thinking this will fix my verizon no service issues.

I just very patiently need imei repair to work on the U11.

I purchased this power adapter already having the xtc2clip for this exact reason, and I still have no working features for the U11 we still have to use sunshine app for temp s-off so we dont even have this feature with xtc2clip with power adapter yet.

This all reminds me of the support for the verizon htc 10 that took over a year to come out.

It looks like you guys got me again. I"am donde buying your products with promises of updates and fixes that never come or do a year later after I no longer have the phone model any longer.

I guess the saying goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me and once again it looks like its promises promises promises.

I guess the only ones we can count on is Root Ninja which we are getting a growing respect for the sunshine app team because they are the only ones getting things done.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:19   #44 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 111094
Thanks Meter: 12
just wanna order my power adopter just because of s-off function only, hence u 11 u....cannot s-off
guess 79% that is what we want, as such the power is subjected

xtc clip is well know as hardworking team but just try make an exception dont
make generalization, that culminate into social apporia or social discuss
finally thank you for the best you have been offering