GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > xtc2cliP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2015, 03:20   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 220595
Thanks Meter: 355
Trying to repair imei on htc first (mystul )

I received this phone to repair imei, but looks like some one was messing with its security or something because in bootloader screen it always say TAMPERED.

it was boot loader locked, s-on and don't remember the CID.

I setup the clip to do the job and after trying to s-off and repair imei I got this
(Except the bootloader, which I unlocked later)

And the imei number is much different from the one I set, the imei umber has a lot of zeroes.

Also, the os is not loading, it now has gone to a boot - loop after I unlocked the boot-loader.

I am afraid it will be hard to flash a stock RUU since the CID is not a super cid and not a CID at all. So, I think it will not accept any RUU.

Any help please?

Enviado desde mi SM-N900T mediante Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 03:21   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I received this phone to repair imei, but looks like some one was messing with its security or something because in bootloader screen it always say TAMPERED.

I setup the clip to do the job and after trying to s-off and repair imei I got this

And the imei number is much different from the one I set, the imei umber has a lot of zeroes.

Also, the os is not loading, it now has gone to a boot - loop after I unlocked the boot-loader.

I am afraid it will be hard to flash a stock RUU since the CID is not a super cid and not a CID at all. So, I think it will not accept any RUU.

Any help please?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:23   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Any help please?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:23   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Any help please?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:27   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Any help please?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:29   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Delete threads

Please a mod delete my repeating threads, it was a connection problem in tapatalk which made me repeat the postings.

Sorry

Old 10-26-2015, 18:03   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Not even a reply or suggestion from anyone?

I now tried to write stock RUU, but could not succed, obviously because CID is not correct. I get this:

Old 10-26-2015, 18:19   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2416253
Thanks Meter: 4,162
Check my reply in PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 19:21   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hi, I solved the issue, without repairing clip.

This is what I did. Since the phone is s-off I can run oem commands...

So, I repaired Cid by: fastboot oem writecid 11111111

Then repaired imei by: fastboot oem writeimei 15-digits-imei

Phone did not boot, so I tried: fastboot oem lock

Then phone started with both Cid and imei fixed.

I really don't Need to unlock bootloader since I will not write any custom rom or recovery to the phone, so I will keep it relocked.

About TAMPERED status, it is still there, as far as I know it would be removed only by writing ruu, but ruu is not willing to write this phone even after relocking bootloader, I don't know why.

About the clip not repairing the phone well, I think it has to do with the tampered status, I say this because there is an error when you run the comand: fastboot getvar all

The command returns some variables but not all, probably the software xtc or clip are having a bug processing this command and then fails to continue.

I tried to fix with irkey suite 5, and this software could not even read the phone in fastboot mode and after trying to read the phone got completely frozzen, the volume keys stopped working.

Just my 0.2 cents to the xtc developers.

Thanks again for this awesome tool.

uploadfromtaptalk1445883602326.jpg

Old 10-26-2015, 19:50   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

As I wrote you in PM - the "RESPONSE" CID is just a filesystem mess, we don't know why it happens sometimes, but filesystem repair helps to solve this problem.
As to TAMPERED, you are right - the firmware should update the tampered status on the first start, but it may not, I don't know all the reasons yet, try to master-reset the phone.

Thanks for your detailed description of the solution, anyway.
Old 10-26-2015, 23:52   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc2clip View Post
As I wrote you in PM - the "RESPONSE" CID is just a filesystem mess, we don't know why it happens sometimes, but filesystem repair helps to solve this problem.
As to TAMPERED, you are right - the firmware should update the tampered status on the first start, but it may not, I don't know all the reasons yet, try to master-reset the phone.

Thanks for your detailed description of the solution, anyway.
I still disagree, as I said on the villec2, I don't think it is a files stem issue in the clip, it just works ok with other phones.

Take a look at this

After this, the phone is stuck, I had to forcely shut it down, maybe something happens if the clip run the command or if the clip try to access a var inside the problematic area.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:53   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Trust me - it's a filesystem problem. The phones are different, so the FAT handling is different on older firmwares aswell.

I didn't get the problem - you've read the phone info and it's stuck now?
Old 10-28-2015, 02:06   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtc2clip View Post
Trust me - it's a filesystem problem. The phones are different, so the FAT handling is different on older firmwares aswell.

I didn't get the problem - you've read the phone info and it's stuck now?
I haven't read the phone anymore, I returned it to customer as he was being a real pain in my rear, that log is old log, when I was working with phone and minutes before I fixed Cid and imei via fastboot commands