GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > xtc2cliP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2017, 11:49   #46 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1656411
Sonork: Scott Probert
Thanks Meter: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
I thought imei repair requires s-off unlock ? It was required on all previous Htc phones that I have had in the past which last was the verizon Htc 10.

The sprint model of U11 is indeed sim locked and its not like previous sim locked Htc phones as previous sim locked Htc phones when you pop in a sim from another carrier the phone would request the unlock code where the sprint U11 will not request an unlock code it will just list that its carrier sim locked and will not accept the other carriers sim card. If it asked for a code one could be bought on ebay for a couple dollars but they removed the option to enter a sim unlock code.

My main thing I would like to do is be able to run an RUU for the unlocked U11 and convert my Sprint U11 to an Unlocked version, then be able to repair imei and make the phone 100% working on verizon.

To flash firmware other than stock with Htc you always needed to be s-off unlocked and the same for imei repair.

So is the imei repair option for the U11 using temporary s-off ?

I"am really wondering how easy it might be to brick these phones if using temp s-off. I have never hard bricked a Htc phone knock on wood and hope I never do.
You can get the phone working on GSM,but with limited data speeds. Technically it will work,but the bottom line is it will never be as good as an actual GSM phone,and I doubt you'll get it fully working on Verizon. If you need Verizon you'd be ahead to sell it and just get a Verizon phone,imo.

As for bricking a phone with temp S off,thats a very valid concern. I personally won't do it. It's difficult to predict how any changes that you make will be relieved when the phone becomes S on again and starts doing all of its checks. Without permanent S off,im pretty inclined to leave things well enough alone

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2017, 09:11   #47 (permalink)

Member: 2578906
Thanks Meter: 0
XTC 2 PowerAdapter not found error message

1. Checking phone connectivity...
Phone connection confirmed!
HTC KEY CARD VERSION: 7
2. Checking Server connectivity...
Server connection confirmed!
3. Checking PowerAdapter connectivity...
XTC 2 Power adapter not found. Please connect it to USB port
Request completed
Old 08-02-2017, 10:55   #48 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 2416253
Thanks Meter: 4,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismath0094 View Post
XTC 2 Power adapter not found. Please connect it to USB port
Request completed
Hello,

PowerAdapter must be connected to the USB port of your PC, and drivers must be installed. If you have problems installing the driver - you can provide us with Teamviewer, and we will assist you.
The Following User Says Thank You to xtc2clip For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2017, 08:38   #49 (permalink)

Member: 1382638
Thanks Meter: 5
HTC 10 Verizon
OS 7.0

Process started
PowerAdapter connected, processing request to adapter...
Starting operation...
Sending oem writesecureflag 0
... (bootloader) HTC KEY CARD VERSION: 7
FAILPERMISSION DENY (VERIFY_FAIL)
FAILED (remote: PERMISSION DENY (VERIFY_FAIL))
Execution time is 4(s)
Operation completed!
Releasing adapter.
Request completed
Old 08-05-2017, 09:36   #50 (permalink)

Member: 1382638
Thanks Meter: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlebors View Post
HTC 10 Verizon
OS 7.0

Process started
Starting operation...
FAILPERMISSION DENY (VERIFY_FAIL)
FAILED (remote: PERMISSION DENY (VERIFY_FAIL))
Execution time is 4(s)
Operation completed!
Releasing adapter.
Request completed
nevermind, solved.. I put the power adapter wrong
The Following User Says Thank You to zlebors For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 00:26   #51 (permalink)

Member: 2592998
Thanks Meter: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanziman View Post
I don't think you can convert the Sprint U11 to the Unlocked version. However, SIM Unlock can be done the same it was on the M9 and 10. Check here for details:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-one-m9/general/nv-unlock-sim-t3314755
I know I could convert the Sprint U11 to an Unlocked U11 if I had full s-off unlock.

I know about the xda forum post on sim unlock as the one member OMJ that I had talked to on xda got it to work for his, but mine kept having dm mode problems and it would not work.

As for imei repair Htc devices have always required s-off unlock for that to be possible, unless things have changed but xda does not allow talk of imei repair on their web site so its hush hush on there. If someone could confirm imei repair does work on the Sprint U11 please speak up but I could not get any feature to work on the sprint U11 using my xtc2clip and power adapter.
Old 08-07-2017, 00:34   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
You can get the phone working on GSM,but with limited data speeds. Technically it will work,but the bottom line is it will never be as good as an actual GSM phone,and I doubt you'll get it fully working on Verizon. If you need Verizon you'd be ahead to sell it and just get a Verizon phone,imo.

As for bricking a phone with temp S off,thats a very valid concern. I personally won't do it. It's difficult to predict how any changes that you make will be relieved when the phone becomes S on again and starts doing all of its checks. Without permanent S off,im pretty inclined to leave things well enough alone

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
The Xda member OMJ posted on Xda that he did indeed get a verizon sim fully working on his sprint U11.

It has been posted all over that the hardware on all U11'S is the same just as it was on the Htc 10 as Beaups had originally came up with the method to convert an Unlocked 10 to a Verizon 10 or just flash the verizon radio to an Unlocked 10, so its only a matter of running the appropriate Htc RUU to get it to the version of U11 you would like it to be. Yes the sprint version does have CDMA but CDMA could be in every U11 but only enabled with the Sprint firmware having been flashed.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:42   #53 (permalink)

Member: 2420279
Thanks Meter: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roefastford View Post
The Xda member OMJ posted on Xda that he did indeed get a verizon sim fully working on his sprint U11.

It has been posted all over that the hardware on all U11'S is the same just as it was on the Htc 10 as Beaups had originally came up with the method to convert an Unlocked 10 to a Verizon 10 or just flash the verizon radio to an Unlocked 10, so its only a matter of running the appropriate Htc RUU to get it to the version of U11 you would like it to be. Yes the sprint version does have CDMA but CDMA could be in every U11 but only enabled with the Sprint firmware having been flashed.
I was able to unlock my Sprint U11 SIMLOCK using the method posted in the thread I linked above. I did not have whatever DM errors you encountered.

For the record: All U11s are NOT the same. The Sprint model is different than the Unlocked model.

Same thing was true with the HTC 10. Both the Verizon and Unlocked model have the same MID. However, the MID of the Sprint model is different than those as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zanziman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 01:51   #54 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1656411
Sonork: Scott Probert
Thanks Meter: 29
I was able to get a sprint LTEvo somewhat working on vzw,but I did it by cloning a cheap dumb phone.and even at that it had limited speeds(3g)

Even if you can get some or all functionality with your sprint u11 on vzw, given existence of vzw u11s,i fail to see the point.

Especially with an expensive new phone. When I did it,i used a $50 Craigslist phone with a bad esn.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2017, 04:53   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanziman View Post
I was able to unlock my Sprint U11 SIMLOCK using the method posted in the thread I linked above. I did not have whatever DM errors you encountered.

For the record: All U11s are NOT the same. The Sprint model is different than the Unlocked model.

Same thing was true with the HTC 10. Both the Verizon and Unlocked model have the same MID. However, the MID of the Sprint model is different than those as well.
The xda member OMJ posted on a U11 sprint thread that his Sprint U11 worked just fine off his verizon sim after sim unlocking it of course. If I run across the link I will post it for you, so not sure why your having issues with data speeds as he posted his worked fine off of verizon.

I highly doubt they made more changes other than adding the CDMA and tweaks for sprint as most other htc phones can be converted by flashing the desired versions RUU that is with having s-off unlock. Without s-off unlock not sure if you can do much of anything as htc devices usually required s-off unlock also to do imei repair.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:54   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
I was able to get a sprint LTEvo somewhat working on vzw,but I did it by cloning a cheap dumb phone.and even at that it had limited speeds(3g)

Even if you can get some or all functionality with your sprint u11 on vzw, given existence of vzw u11s,i fail to see the point.

Especially with an expensive new phone. When I did it,i used a $50 Craigslist phone with a bad esn.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
The xda member OMJ posted on a U11 sprint thread that his Sprint U11 worked just fine off his verizon sim after sim unlocking it of course. If I run across the link I will post it for you, so not sure why your having issues with data speeds as he posted his worked fine off of verizon.
Old 08-22-2017, 20:43   #57 (permalink)

Member: 2748897
Thanks Meter: 1
Same problem bro, any solution?

Any solution bro?. I've the same problem
Old 08-26-2017, 08:16   #58 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2424855
Thanks Meter: 17
Sunshine has released latest version 3.5.7 for s-off HTC U11 few hours ago.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:41   #59 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2674678
Thanks Meter: 17
But what sunshine can do, the xtc tool can be a long time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raphael 78 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 14:48   #60 (permalink)

Member: 2578906
Thanks Meter: 0
Dear team
please help me to slove thsi issues.
i have tried to s-off htc desire 10 pro/ htc m10 and need to change super cid.
i just follow all your guides. but unable to flash it.
if you can please help me......
Warning! Your phone does not see the XTC 2 Clip, please try to reconnect it, and then reboot to download/fastboot mode. In case of failure again, check your flex cable for damage.
Process started
Starting operation...
Sending oem reboot-download
... OKAY
Execution time is 3(ms)
Waiting for the phone to reboot...
Phone DISconnected
Phone connected [FA74JBN02509] *** Fastboot mode
Phone connected
Sending oem readimei
... (bootloader) imei: 354261075874123
OKAY
Execution time is 1(s)
Operation completed!
Releasing adapter.
Request completed

Warning! Your phone does not see the XTC 2 Clip, please try to reconnect it, and then reboot to download/fastboot mode. In case of failure again, check your flex cable for damage.
Process started
Starting operation...
Sending oem reboot-download
... OKAY
Execution time is 2(ms)
Waiting for the phone to reboot...
Phone DISconnected
Phone connected [FA74JBN02509] *** Fastboot mode
Phone connected
FAILPERMISSION DENY (NOT_FIND_SMART_IO)
FAILED (remote: PERMISSION DENY (NOT_FIND_SMART_IO))
Execution time is 156(ms)
Operation completed!
Releasing adapter.
Request completed

i successfully s-off htc 530 with power adapter. its working. please help me to s-off using power adapter for htc desire 10 pro and htc m10

thank