GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > ASUS

ASUS ASUS Devices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 08:36   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 2107306
Thanks Meter: 612
Donate money to this user
HOW TO:: Flash WW Firmware to ZenFone ZE500CL Z00D ATT Variant

I’ve been having issues for a long time with this phones, specially this model, either way I think this post will do the job done in any model, this is particularly the ATT variant.

I was searching in this forum and there's non documentation about this model in how to flash it.

Whether youre facing a software situation and you need to flash, or you just need to eliminate the user code, this post will help you out.

Firstly you need to take into account the SKU of your phone, is kind of BUILD NUMBER.

How can I find out my system/firmware's SKU and version?
Go to Settings -> About -> Software Information -> Build number. It may look something like 'WW-ASUS_Z00A-2.13.40.13...'. Therefore, you are running the WorldWide firmware SKU, version 2.13.40.13.

CN stands for China
TW stands for Taiwan
US stands for United States
TH stands for Thailand
IN stands for India
WW stands for WorldWide

How can I find out my Recovery's SKU and version?
You will have to reach the Recovery Menu:

1. Power Off your device
2. Enter Fastboot Mode, by holding down the Power Button & Volume Up key.
3. Use your Volume Keys to navigate up and down and select Recovery Mode with your Power button. The device will restart. You should eventually see this screen: image. No update file was found on your device, therefore the error appears.
4. Quickly press the Volume Up & Power button. If it doesn't work the first time, try again..until a Menu appears.
5. The Recovery version is written on top. For example: WW-ASUS-Z00A-2.13.40.13. This means your Recovery SKU is WW, and its version is 2.13.40.13.

Your system SKU must match you Recovery SKU - example: both to be WW

For example, if the firmware SKU is WW, does it mean my device is WW?
Not necessary. You may have a TW device flashed with a WW firmware. In this case your 4G/LTE bands are locked to the TW bands. An unlocked bootloader can solve this issue.

Am I able to use all WW bands, if my device is TW?
Yes, but only after unlocking the bootloader

Change my firmware to WW or Change my Recovery to WW:

So either if you want to change your firmware to WW (if you have a CN one for example) or if you want your Recovery as WW, as well (as it should be - and the issue that may not allow you to perform the OTA update) you must follow the following guide.

Here it goes, I will assume that you already have all drivers installed, if not, go here for z00d/ZE500CL Att variant:

ASUS Support, Firmwares, Drivers and Tools:

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone_2...Desk_Download/

There you can find all the corresponding firmwares and drivers.

1- Download the firmware you want, do not unzip it. Place it in the ADB install folder.

2- If you just want to wipe data/cache and the option does not appear in the stock recovery, you need to flash a WW recovery into this US variant. The idea then is to be able to convert this SKU ATT to SKU WW to accept the WW flash. For this we need to download the WW flash that we are going to use, it is a ZIP, we open it and extract to our pc the files boot.img and droidboot.img. All this you can find it in the link I posted before relating ASUS Support, inside the FIRMWARE tab.
-- In addition to that we will need the recovery.img. The following link will show you all recoveries by SKU version, just download the one you need to keep going.

Recoveries:

https://mega.nz/#F!QN4RWARI!TYaP-l83byqzAJnmviI8cg

3- Go into fastboot mode, enter Fastboot Mode by holding Volume Up & Power button.
4-
Type:
fastboot devices and hit Enter. Your device should appear.
fastboot flash fastboot droidboot.img Wait till it's done.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img same
fastboot flash boot boot.img same

5- There are two ways:
* -- (to upgrade to the latest firmware) - choose Recovery Mode on your phone and access it. Don't close the command prompt on your PC. Choose apply update from ADB and you are done (remember to match SKU recovery/firmware).
adb sideload UL-ASUS_Z00D-WW-XX.XX.X.XX-user
* -- (to just change your recovery SKU and be able to do wipe data) - make sure Normal Boot is shown on the screen and press the Power Button. Reboot to recovery and make wipe data/cache normally.

In some cases even with the firmware SKU matches the Recovery SKU, no OTA update will appear. I just don't know why.

Sorry about my English and the lazy structure of the tutorial. Hope it helps.

Last edited by Nizda Mobile; 03-22-2019 at 15:32. Reason: Update Links
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Prsctt For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-15-2017, 18:11   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 417298
Sonork: 100.1578269
Thanks Meter: 18,268
can we can use Lower Recovery version ? i have ATT_12.16.10.92
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohsin-* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2017, 07:13   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2514129
Sonork: Univ. Gsm Ra-Hos
Thanks Meter: 27
after Flash WW Firmware ; imei is : 004999010640000 and no network
need solution please
The Following User Says Thank You to SERA Gasy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2018, 19:59   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2344598
Sonork: holm615
Thanks Meter: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERA Gasy View Post
after Flash WW Firmware ; imei is : 004999010640000 and no network
need solution please
How flash it?

تم الإرسال من SGH-I747M باستخدام Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2018, 23:03   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2807291
Thanks Meter: 0
ok i have one to flash, i'm going to try
Old 07-04-2018, 12:02   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2843734
Thanks Meter: 148
I just got ahold of one of these handsets (AT&T) and decided to unlock the bootloader / root / slap a recovery on and customize before I sell it to a customer. Like most I only came across the temporary method to get this all started which is by using the the tethered boot which boots CWM then you flash the WW .112 or newer, use the bootloader unlock tool by asus to unlock the bootloader then flash the permanent un-tethered TWRP to permanently set the recovery.

Well I accidently tried flashing the new permanent recovery first before unlocking the bootloader which left me with no option but to either flash the AT&T firmware / replace the flashed TWRP with the original recovery. Neither would be possible without the firmware and after searching for a bit I gave up on the AT&T search and looked for other methods.

That is where i came across this. I just executed everything.. all files from .118 and used adb sideload to load WW .118 firmware. It freezes in the process of verifying the update package on the phone showing 25% but the android keeps animating. Now if i check terminal it shows for example right now -

"connecting...
serving: 'UL-ASUS_Z00D-WW-12.16.5.118-user.zip' (~19%)"

- So I am not totally sure it is going to go through or is working. I will update when it gets to 100%

BTW I also lost fastboot after all of this so im stuck with recovery only! Which ***** as really id be better off with fastboot. I don't know of any other ways to get fastboot back if this doesnt take this sideload flash.

Any ideas anyone? What to next ?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:27   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Well it did not complete.

displayed on the handet = Failed to verify whole file signature. Signature verification failed. Restarting abdb.. Installation aborted.

displayed in terminal = opening 'UL-ASUS_Z00D-WW-12.16.5.118-user.zip'...
connecting...
Total xfer: 1.00x

Now it looks like I am really f*cked. I am not sure what to try now.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:34   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I just managed to get into bootloader and into fastboot by booting up and just holding the vol +. So maybe something did happen during that flash? Now I think I will give the CWM tethered method a try if i can get it booted without needing to be in Android and flash the WWW .118 with it. If that doesn't take I will give a flashing tool a try. I dont know

I am noticing in fastboot mode that the SKU Version doesn't display the WW like prsctt said it would. It still shows US (SKU VERSION - ZE500CL_EU_US). Perhaps that is why it failed. I just also noticed now i can't toggle the RECOVERY feature. Hmm..
Old 07-05-2018, 18:14   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsin-* View Post
can we can use Lower Recovery version ? i have ATT_12.16.10.92
Did you ever find any ATT firmware? I am still looking for something just so i have it on my HDD incase i need to repair another one of these phones and customer wants stock ATT and not WW or Custom firmware.
Old 07-05-2018, 18:19   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

UPDATE:

I was able to flash around some images through fastboot after trying some different key combos to get into mode. I then finally came across a very simple bootloader unlocker (not the one on asus' website) ran it which replaced droidboot and some other system files then I used fastboot to flash TWRP and finally i just flashed CyanogenMod 12.1 but now looking to install LineageOS 14.1? instead once i come across the files.

If anyone needs any files for this phone.. recovery, bootloader unlocker, firmware, flashing tools etc just notify me and I will post everything. I spent a long night and early morning researching everything so I have pretty much everything required to pull this baby out of any mess and do w/e else needed/wanted to it.

As for presctt's method I wouldnt suggest taking that route and if you decide to GL getting the firmware to flash. I tried adb and fastboot methods along with 2 different firmware flashing apps for intel SoC.. none worked. Unlocking the bootloader and flashing TWRP was the smarter move.
The Following User Says Thank You to noidodroid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2019, 19:19   #11 (permalink)

Member: 2888691
Thanks Meter: 0
ASUS Zenfone 2E (ZOOD) AT&T

Hi Bro. I have an ASUS Zenfone 2E (ZOOD) AT&T phone.
This device does NOT allow the activation of: Anchoring to Network and Portable Zone. According to the search results on the internet, the Operator Software AT&T does not include this service.
Do you know how to solve this problem?
Alternatively I have seen that the solution is to install a new ROM on this device. I tried to install one of ASUS, but at the end of the Installation a message comes out: This ROM is not from AT & T and this error is reported: "There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enabling of this service. "
Do you have a solution to install this ROM or any other in these ASUS Zenfone 2E (ZOOD) AT&T devices?. Thank you
Old 03-22-2019, 13:28   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1677653
Thanks Meter: 2,769
Link for firmware, driver and flash tool is dead.

Please help
Old 03-22-2019, 15:33   #13 (permalink)

Member: 1464783
Thanks Meter: 1,091
Links Updated....…..

BR
Nizda Mobile
Old 06-16-2019, 13:09   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2203321
Thanks Meter: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prsctt View Post
I’ve been having issues for a long time with this phones, specially this model, either way I think this post will do the job done in any model, this is particularly the ATT variant.

I was searching in this forum and there's non documentation about this model in how to flash it.

Whether youre facing a software situation and you need to flash, or you just need to eliminate the user code, this post will help you out.

Firstly you need to take into account the SKU of your phone, is kind of BUILD NUMBER.

How can I find out my system/firmware's SKU and version?
Go to Settings -> About -> Software Information -> Build number. It may look something like 'WW-ASUS_Z00A-2.13.40.13...'. Therefore, you are running the WorldWide firmware SKU, version 2.13.40.13.

CN stands for China
TW stands for Taiwan
US stands for United States
TH stands for Thailand
IN stands for India
WW stands for WorldWide

How can I find out my Recovery's SKU and version?
You will have to reach the Recovery Menu:

1. Power Off your device
2. Enter Fastboot Mode, by holding down the Power Button & Volume Up key.
3. Use your Volume Keys to navigate up and down and select Recovery Mode with your Power button. The device will restart. You should eventually see this screen: image. No update file was found on your device, therefore the error appears.
4. Quickly press the Volume Up & Power button. If it doesn't work the first time, try again..until a Menu appears.
5. The Recovery version is written on top. For example: WW-ASUS-Z00A-2.13.40.13. This means your Recovery SKU is WW, and its version is 2.13.40.13.

Your system SKU must match you Recovery SKU - example: both to be WW

For example, if the firmware SKU is WW, does it mean my device is WW?
Not necessary. You may have a TW device flashed with a WW firmware. In this case your 4G/LTE bands are locked to the TW bands. An unlocked bootloader can solve this issue.

Am I able to use all WW bands, if my device is TW?
Yes, but only after unlocking the bootloader

Change my firmware to WW or Change my Recovery to WW:

So either if you want to change your firmware to WW (if you have a CN one for example) or if you want your Recovery as WW, as well (as it should be - and the issue that may not allow you to perform the OTA update) you must follow the following guide.

Here it goes, I will assume that you already have all drivers installed, if not, go here for z00d/ZE500CL Att variant:

ASUS Support, Firmwares, Drivers and Tools:

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone_2...Desk_Download/

There you can find all the corresponding firmwares and drivers.

1- Download the firmware you want, do not unzip it. Place it in the ADB install folder.

2- If you just want to wipe data/cache and the option does not appear in the stock recovery, you need to flash a WW recovery into this US variant. The idea then is to be able to convert this SKU ATT to SKU WW to accept the WW flash. For this we need to download the WW flash that we are going to use, it is a ZIP, we open it and extract to our pc the files boot.img and droidboot.img. All this you can find it in the link I posted before relating ASUS Support, inside the FIRMWARE tab.
-- In addition to that we will need the recovery.img. The following link will show you all recoveries by SKU version, just download the one you need to keep going.

Recoveries:

https://mega.nz/#F!QN4RWARI!TYaP-l83byqzAJnmviI8cg

3- Go into fastboot mode, enter Fastboot Mode by holding Volume Up & Power button.
4-
Type:

5- There are two ways:
* -- (to upgrade to the latest firmware) - choose Recovery Mode on your phone and access it. Don't close the command prompt on your PC. Choose apply update from ADB and you are done (remember to match SKU recovery/firmware).
adb sideload UL-ASUS_Z00D-WW-XX.XX.X.XX-user
* -- (to just change your recovery SKU and be able to do wipe data) - make sure Normal Boot is shown on the screen and press the Power Button. Reboot to recovery and make wipe data/cache normally.

In some cases even with the firmware SKU matches the Recovery SKU, no OTA update will appear. I just don't know why.

Sorry about my English and the lazy structure of the tutorial. Hope it helps.

JOBATECH ASUS FLASHING PROCEDURE MADE SIMPLE

1. Install Asus Flash Tool and drivers
2. Put phone in fastboot mode and connect to PC
3. Open Asus Flash Tool and load firmware to flash

Alternative
If flashing fails,
1. Extract boot and droidboot from the zipped firmware
2. Place firmware and extracted boot & droidboot image file in Asus Flash Tool location
"C:\Program Files\ASUS\ASUS Flash Tool\Google"
3. Press Shift key and right-click in the window ("C:\Program Files\ASUS\ASUS Flash Tool\Google")
* Select open command window here
Type the following:

On the phone:
*After a successful flash, choose RECOVERY MODE
*Select "apply update from ADB"

In the command window:
Type
*ADB sideload UL-ASUS_Z00D-WW-12.16.5.118-user.zip
*Press enter
Wait for success!

Summary: if Asus flash tool fails, use ADB sideload to flash the zip firmware.
Old 06-19-2019, 00:25   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmeGSM View Post
Hi Bro. I have an ASUS Zenfone 2E (ZOOD) AT&T phone.
This device does NOT allow the activation of: Anchoring to Network and Portable Zone. According to the search results on the internet, the Operator Software AT&T does not include this service.
Do you know how to solve this problem?
Alternatively I have seen that the solution is to install a new ROM on this device. I tried to install one of ASUS, but at the end of the Installation a message comes out: This ROM is not from AT & T and this error is reported: "There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enabling of this service. "
Do you have a solution to install this ROM or any other in these ASUS Zenfone 2E (ZOOD) AT&T devices?. Thank you

Where are you getting the first error? After flashing the WW firmware? If you want to flash the ATT Rom you will have to find the firmware and back when i worked on this device I could NOT find it anywhere. I was however able to obtain a TWRP backup of ATT but I was never able to get it to work so I went forward with flashing the WW firmware. Follow my directions i posted above and it will work for you. KEEP IN MIND THIS - > Returning to ATT firmware by flashing normally will NOT be possible AFTER flashing the WW firmware. The ONLY way should be if you have a TWRP backup made. I'd have to check to make sure that will still work. It should but I havent wanted to go back to ATT nor the WW firmware. I went on and flashed to my device from what i remember was more than likely Resurrection Remix. If i were you I would go with a custom ROM as that will solve all your problems (plus custom is always way cooler!).

BTW if you need anything check out XDA Forums for the ROMS (Firmware) as that is where you will likely find what you need. I'm not sure if much customizing goes on here at GsmForum but you can search here for Roms as well too. If you cant find something give me a msg and when I get it I will try to send you what ive got if it supports your device. I have some stuff not on forums anymore and hard to find.