GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   HTC & PDA WM( With Touchscreen) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f98/)
-   -   h6315 won't accept the correct tmo unlock code (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f98/h6315-wont-accept-correct-tmo-unlock-code-221337/)

MSameer 07-22-2005 17:30

h6315 won't accept the correct tmo unlock code

Hi all,

I've posted this problem here: http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/showthread.php?p=99829
But it seems that I'm stuck, I'm reposting it here maybe someone can help me!

I've a tmo locked h6315
I've asked one of my friends in the states to get me the unlock code but when I try to enter the unlock code I get a message "unlock code not accepted" immediatly when I type it.
I tried a soft reset, a hard reset, flashing the ROM.
I tried with a tmo SIM, with my vodafone Egypt SIM and without a SIM but it's still the same.

nctrung_vn 07-22-2005 18:35

You must contact to T-Mobile.
They send you code to Unlock.

After 90 day.
if you direct contact to T-Mobile then may be send it to you soon.

MSameer 07-22-2005 18:46

I have the correct unlock code from t-mobile.
It's not accepted, It's not saying that the code is not correct, It's saying": "unlock code not accepted"

nctrung_vn 07-23-2005 05:11

You must remember .
If you trying to more 3 input code then
Your phone is forever lock in roaming .

Best & regrads

MSameer 07-23-2005 11:40

Looks like this is my situation, No hope for me ?

AboAli 07-23-2005 16:30

Sure there is a Hope :)
but ive to be sure that you got the Right Unlocking Code for your H6315 and dont ask me who :)

first do a Soft Reset (to reset your Unlocking counter)
then Use TMobile Card or Motorola Test Card ;) to be able to Navigate into the Unlocking Window, and here are the Steps to go for the Unlocking window.

1. On the Today screen, tap Start > Settings.
2. Tap the Phone Band icon.
3. Tap Shift + Ctl key to enable the keys.
4. Click any area below the band selection box to open the unlock tool.
5. Tap Shift + Ctl to disable the keys.
6. Enter the 8-digit unlock code and Press OK .
7. Wait for the device to validate the unlock code (about tree seconds). You will see one of the following screens:
- Unlock successful. and this means that all is done and uve to Donate for this forum :p ;)
- any other message appears means that you got the wrong Code.. !
- 'Device is not ready for unlocking'. This error message displays when the user tries to unlock when the phone application (not the device) is not in a steady state. It takes 30 seconds after powering on the H6315 for it to reach a steady state.

BR
AboAli

MSameer 07-23-2005 21:52

The problem is that it's displaying "unlock code not accepted" even after many soft resets.
Do you think the problem might be in the SIM itself ?

AboAli 07-28-2005 18:36

No the Problem 100% due to wrong Code

MSameer 07-30-2005 23:31

But I've got the code from tmo.
It didn't say wrong code
This is strange!

jjrock 07-31-2005 04:16

You probably do have the correct code

In my experience with the hp6315 sometimes the ipaq is faulty and wont accept the code even if it is the correct one. It has happened to me before. I have unlocked almost 20 of these.

:)

jjrock 07-31-2005 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrock
In my experience with the hp6315 sometimes the ipaq is faulty and wont accept the code even if it is the correct one. It has happened to me before. I have unlocked almost 20 of these.

:)

and the ipaq doesn't lock forever. If you do a master reset you can try 3 more times, everytime you do it.

jjrock 07-31-2005 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjrock
and the ipaq doesn't lock forever. If you do a master reset you can try 3 more times, everytime you do it.

A friend of mine even made a video and sent it to T mobile and they changed his ipaq for a good one!!

MSameer 07-31-2005 09:00

Cool, I'll try to get another unlock code from them.
Cheers guys and thanks for the tips!