GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones Hardware Repair Area > LCD Refurbish

LCD Refurbish All things related to LCD / Screen refurbish and repair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2015, 07:37   #16 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 321523
Thanks Meter: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy2003 View Post
hi!

Can you help?

During spotted iphone 4 display glass .
Improve is the solution?

Thx
http://www.kephost.com/image/s8kr

use shaving blade to clean this.
Old 11-16-2015, 22:56   #17 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 40263
Thanks Meter: 14
Hi!

Proba someone 6s iphone lcd replacement glass ?

welcome
Gergo
Old 11-28-2015, 05:56   #18 (permalink)

Member: 2493125
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi

Can Someone help me with my glass repairs.

Im using OCA but always seam to get dust under the screen no matter how clean it is. I do not have a clean room but the place im doing them is very clean.

its usually one 1 or 2 pieces can anyone help on an idea on how to ensure no dust without a clean room thanks
Old 11-29-2015, 01:01   #19 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67450
Thanks Meter: 57
swich on your air conditor in freez mode set fan speed to max and set air in position your lcd operate area wait litle time after this no dust
Old 12-03-2015, 03:37   #20 (permalink)

Member: 2463290
You need to buy an air purifier that has HEPA technology, these are filters that can remove 99.9% of dust particles from a room. The type of machine you need depends on the size of the room. I have just bought one and will be trying it out this week. i will report back with my conclusion soon
Old 12-28-2015, 08:14   #21 (permalink)

Member: 53186
Thanks Meter: 1
Ova

HI
what's is the best OCA
Old 01-02-2016, 05:28   #22 (permalink)

Member: 2223234
Thanks Meter: 3
pretty messy and takes time to master to prevent it from leaking. OCA is much better, however like you said it requires a lot of investment. I think all the machines are becoming less expensive as time goes by. I too hope to start using this process, just trying to determine if I am willing to spend so much!

Last edited by chand_gee; 02-07-2017 at 22:11.
Old 01-14-2016, 13:17   #23 (permalink)

Member: 1570234
Help

Hi
Been using my machines a week now, on some I just remove the oca and keep the old polorizeer on. Some remove both.

Issues when removing both on 5/5c/5s bottom of the screen works fine until I add the oca and glass

I have the metal pulp but can't find where to put it.

6 is easier as no touch issues but the odd bubbles etc, what settings do everyone use on the attached machines

Any help would be great

Cheers and thanks in advance

I can't attach any pics for some reason
Old 01-17-2016, 08:15   #24 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 285890
Thanks Meter: 72
Quick question, i have removed polorizer film from s5, and applied new one, after that, the screen seem to be like a mirror, i took it off, and applied another one from another vendor, and i got same result, and then i applied second one on top of the first one, the screen look brown, or i would say burned color, i didn't know what to do next, have you guys encounter like this before?
The Following User Says Thank You to meido one For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2016, 05:54   #25 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 285890
Thanks Meter: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by meido one View Post
Quick question, i have removed polorizer film from s5, and applied new one, after that, the screen seem to be like a mirror, i took it off, and applied another one from another vendor, and i got same result, and then i applied second one on top of the first one, the screen look brown, or i would say burned color, i didn't know what to do next, have you guys encounter like this before?

i have fixed my problem, and for the record, there is another layer that needs to be removed before you apply the new polarizer film. and that will fix the mirror issue.
Old 02-16-2016, 17:58   #26 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 266868
Thanks Meter: 7
OCA laminating machine

Hi, I need more information about OCA laminating machine
Thanks in advance

Last edited by chand_gee; 02-07-2017 at 22:14. Reason: link going to external website usually we prefer you post picture here
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54   #27 (permalink)

Member: 2545607
Hi All,

I have the AK 2 in 1 OCA laminating machine. When I run the machine it is set for 10 mins. The pressure in the chamber is set for 90 PSI. After a few mins to pressure goes down to 60-70 psi and then down to 40 psi after about 5 mins. I talked with the manifactuior and they said this is normal. I find that hard to believe, i figure the machine should hold its constant pressure for the whole 10 mins. Has anyone else had this issue at all?

if you have a different machine what pressure do you run it at and does it hold that pressure constant?

thanks
Old 05-01-2016, 16:35   #28 (permalink)

Member: 2565959
It seems like no one has anything but issues with OCA on this thread so I don't see how it is any better than Loca. If you can't remove a backlight without breaking the LCD you probably shouldn't be doing glass only repair. With all the money wasted on the machines and screens with defects I can't see how OCA is any better than Loca.
The Following User Says Thank You to iGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 12:07   #29 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 772904
Thanks Meter: 21
whats the best in the oca machine and bubble removing to buy ???
thanks
Old 05-26-2016, 18:23   #30 (permalink)

Member: 2393483
seems that most of the issue you guys are having required the following to fix them:
first, you need to have the highest quality parts( OCA, Glass , frame) by now if you are trying to save 10cents here and there on high copy AAA parts they you are going to continue to have the same issue such as bubbles and impurities in the display. Mitsubishi OCA is the only way to go. IF your not using cold press frame and glass( the glass and frame come pre assembly, no hot glue frames which lift with heat and time) then you are already behind in the refurb game.

Second bubbles come from 2 things; 1, cheap a$$ OCA and glass and second you need to configure your laminating machine correctly. you dont need 20psi on a laminator to put together the glass and lcd, lower the pressure, the autoclave is ment to remove the final bubbles remaining. most autoclaves should have 40c-60c as temp set and pressure should be at 6-7 kgf/cm2 for about 15-20 mins.

most of all you guys have to take your time and research. within 2 years i was able to go from refurb from my house to now a 2000sf facility. you can make it happen. let me know if you have any questions
The Following User Says Thank You to tmotech88 For This Useful Post: