GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Cruiser Team Products > Cruiser Suite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 17:28   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1647
Thanks Meter: 4
Error in reading flash or filesystem at K750i/D750i/W800 .

Just recognized a problem while reading flash or filesystem via READ-Tab with Cruiser 9.22.
I tried different CID36 phones.
K750i, never touched D750i and converted W800i (former K750i)
and tried an UC-10 cable and Fighter USB-Cable
Used external voltage is 3.0Volt

But everytime I try to read out the read-out-process starts up to 19% and after that stops.

Phone hardware initialized OK
Reading flash...
Communication error. Continuing...
Unable to recover from errors.
Finished reading flash.

Is there any solution or must we wait up to new cruiser-update which maybe fix it, if it is a general problem.

I want to get D750i-filesystem just after flashing it, so it's a never started FS and AFAIK this is not possible to read out via filesystem-tab, right?

There are no good files in support to rebrand a D750i to T-mobile splash, startups and themes.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:36   #2 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 102111
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerente
I want to get D750i-filesystem just after flashing it, so it's a never started FS and AFAIK this is not possible to read out via filesystem-tab, right?
Exactly, you have to switch on the phone in order to unpack the compressed filesystem. Only then it is possible to read out the content.

I'm not sure whether the 'read ARM' option is now fully supported, if so you could read out the full flash and use it later on (just like some other tools do).

Old 04-20-2006, 07:30   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 64757
Thanks Meter: 3
Hi Tigerente,

nice to see you here!
Do you have the same problem with the converted W800? Did you start this phone before you tried to read out the FS? I have some backups here but only from unpacked FS. If you need the packed FS you should try to use the read ARM option as described by phoneman².

BR
Kai

Old 04-20-2006, 20:26   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote.
Hi Tigerente,

nice to see you here!
Do you have the same problem with the converted W800? Did you start this phone before you tried to read out the FS? I have some backups here but only from unpacked FS. If you need the packed FS you should try to use the read ARM option as described by phoneman².

BR
Kai
Yes, here since Jun 2000 (Join Date).

Yes, problem is with all versions while using the Read ARM/flash/fs-1/fs-2 tab.
Indeed I can read out the unpacked filesystem, but can't rewrite it, because if read-out to fs-package, there are some files in .../bg_images/cache, which can't be written again to phone.
How did you read out packed FS?
I just want to have full FS-backups of T-Mobile and vodafone including the startups etc, which aren't in support area.
And I don't want to go to my SP to ask again and again for a content refresh of a D750i or vodafone-K750i to get it complete back to delivery defaults.
There must be a way to 'undo' a debranding or updating with the operator branded phones, not just to change back the CDA. The files in support sadly doesn't support the full content.

Old 04-20-2006, 21:22   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 42570
Thanks Meter: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerente
There must be a way to 'undo' a debranding or updating with the operator branded phones, not just to change back the CDA. The files in support sadly doesn't support the full content.
There's not at the moment.

There are still bugs (as you've found) with the reading RawFS contents. It's a lot better than it was in earlier versions but it's still not perfect.

If you're going to be flashing operator brandings away from a phone you must tell your customer that there's currently no way of going back.

I'm not sure how much sucess you'd have with other tools either, but I haven't tried so I can't comment.

Old 05-31-2006, 19:27   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
There are still bugs (as you've found) with the reading RawFS contents. It's a lot better than it was in earlier versions but it's still not perfect.
Are there any news, if the read RawFS-function will get fully implemented in one of the coming up updates?

Would be a nice feature, which helped me some time with older phones on whch the Cruiser was able to read out complete firmware.