GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > CAR Electronics > ECU & IMMO

ECU & IMMO Diagnostic, Immobilizer, Chip Tuning

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 20:19   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 231315
Sonork: none
Thanks Meter: 68
Repair your vag-com 704.1 step by step

Step1: Please ensure that you have installed the VAG-COM software.

Step2: Plug your disabled cable to the USB. There maybe be a pop-up window to indicate you to install the driver, for damaged cable, let it be, skip it.

Step3: Right click "my computer", select " hardware", then "device manager", then "Other device", the " USB device".

Step4: Right click "USB device", select "properties", select " detail", there will be a line information displayed. VID_xxxx & PID_xxxx, please write down the 4 letters or number for VID and PID.

Step5: Unplug the cable, select" my computer" --"C:/"--"Program files"--"VAG-COm"--"VAGUSB.inf".

Step6: In item [FtdiHw], please add one more line as " %USB\VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx.DeviceDesc%=FTD2XX, USB\VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx", please ensure the four number or alphabets are the same as the ones you write down in step 4.

Step7: In the end of the text, add one more line as " USB\VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx.DeviceDesc="VAG-COM Compatible USB Interface", the four numbers or alphabets are also the same as the ones you write down in step4.

Step8: Save "VAGUSB.inf" file and then exit.

Step9: Unplug the cable, and then plug the cable to the USB port. System will indication found new hardware, and will pop up window for driver update. If do not have the pop up window, let it be, Right click "my computer", select " hardware", then "device manager", then "Other device", then right click "USB device", select update drive.

Step10: Let the driver point to C:/program files/vagcom

Step11: System will search the drive for several seconds, then it will indicate that find the driver and then install it.

Step12: Open the software "vidpidfix.exe" i sent you. Click "search", there will be indication two lines of information. First " found one device", second "0".

Step13: Click "0", then click "open", the information will be displayed in he blank dialogue. Click "write default EE data", if success, there will be a pop up information " wirte successful". Then click "ok" and exit.

Step14: Unplug cable and then plug cable.

Step15: Just as the step 10, update the drive and let the file point to the file "VCR_CDM 2.00.00" that i send you. There will be a indictaion information that it install completrly.

step16: Open the file" Mprog2.8_setup.exe". Click" device" and then"scan", if above steps are all well done, there will be information " find one device".

Step17: Use Mprog2.8.exe to open file " genius vag com ept.ept" that i sent you. Then click "erase", if succeed, there will be a information " successful", and then click " program" , if succeed, there will be a informtion " programmed serial under disabled"

Step18: Your computer can recognize the cable now and your cable is ready to use.

All you need you can find here: http://www.fileshare.ro/1231925811.92

Please give a thanks if this helped you.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to fantomel For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 06-14-2009, 20:35   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

All the above instructions work for VCDS 805.0 and 812.4 if you have the .ept file for it to program with mprog 2.8 not newer.
For cloned interface 812.4 to work set the date of your pc before april 2009 to be recognised.

+WARNING+
If you had 704.1 interface recover with 704.1

If you had 805.0 or 805.1 interface recover with 805.0

If you had 812.4 interface recover with 812.4

why?
because all of them have of different chips or different firmware versions 1.78 of 1.79(for 812.4) stored

Stored here because tried to attach to system forum but it gave me a lot of errors
http://www.fileshare.ro/1231985377.28 - 805.0
http://www.fileshare.ro/1231990341.12 - 812.4

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fantomel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2009, 21:27   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1058683
Thanks Meter: 0
Please

Can you please send me the inf file from crogram files/VAG-com directory ?

Thank You!

Old 06-21-2009, 21:34   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1058377
@fantomel : You have a PM.Please help me to repair my 805.1.You have more information on the PM.

Old 06-22-2009, 22:42   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 14940
Thanks Meter: 16
it works :) tested on 7.04

but try it like this: ( it's updated ):

Step1: Please ensure that you have installed the VAG-COM software.

Step2: Plug your disabled cable to the USB. There maybe be a pop-up window to indicate you to install the driver, for damaged cable, let it be, skip it.

Step3: Right click "my computer", select " hardware", then "device manager", then "Other device", the " USB device".

Step4: Right click "USB device", select "properties", select " detail", there will be a line information displayed. VID_xxxx & PID_xxxx, please write down the 4 letters or number for VID and PID.

Step5: Unplug the cable, select"RT-USB.inf or VAGUSB.inf" in installation folder ex: "c:\ross-tech\vag-com\"

Step6: In item [RossTechHw], please add one more line as " %USB\VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx.DeviceDesc%=RT-USB,USB\VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx", please ensure the four number or alphabets are the same as the ones you write down in step 4.

Step7: In the end of the text, add one more line as " USB\VID_xxxx&PID_xxxx.DeviceDesc="VAG-COM Compatible USB Interface", the four numbers or alphabets are also the same as the ones you write down in step4.

Step8: Save "RT-USB.inf" file and then exit.

Step9: Unplug the cable, and then plug the cable to the USB port. System will indication found new hardware, and will pop up window for driver update. If do not have the pop up window, let it be, Right click "my computer", select " hardware", then "device manager", then "Other device", then right click "USB device", select update drive.

Step10: Let the driver point to installation folder ex: "c:\ross-tech\vag-com\"

Step11: System will search the drive for several seconds, then it will indicate that find the driver and then install it.

Step12: Open the software "vidpidfix.exe" i sent you. Click "search", there will be indication two lines of information. First " found one device", second "0".

Step13: Click "0", then click "open", the information will be displayed in he blank dialogue. Click "write default EE data", if success, there will be a pop up information " wirte successful". Then click "ok" and exit.

Step14: Unplug cable and then plug cable.

Step15: Just as the step 10, update the drive and let the file point to installation folder ex: "c:\ross-tech\vag-com\". There will be a indictaion information that it install completrly.

step16: Open the file" Mprog2.8_setup.exe". Click" device" and then"scan", if above steps are all well done, there will be information " find one device".

Step17: Use Mprog2.8.exe to open file " genius vag com ept.ept" . Then click "erase", if succeed, there will be a information " successful", and then click " program" , if succeed, there will be a informtion " Programmed Serial Number : Disabled "

Step18: Your computer can recognize the cable now and your cable is ready to use.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dancameo2k For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2009, 08:16   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1059586
Hi Dancameo,

Thanks for your detailed description. It does work for me the first 5 minutes but after that the cable gets bricked again.

I followed your exact desciption the only difference for me is Step 17. I use your inclused 805.ept file and when I click Program i see a message "Programmed Serial Number : *serial number*

Now the cable is recognised again with vagcom 805.1 and I can open all kinds of controllers. But when I do a scan of the car then after scanning a few modules I get a message that I need an authorized cable. When unplugging the cable and plugging it back in again I have to start over again to get the cable recognized.

Just for testing I tried to set the date back to before april this year although I dont have a 812 cable but as aspected it doesnt change a thing.
My internet connection is disabled when using the cable.

Old 06-23-2009, 21:01   #7 (permalink)

Member: 282718
Thumbs up worked on my 704.1 clone cable

I used the first tutorial to rewrite my cable... Step 15 got me confused as I couldn't find the "VCR_CDM 2.00.00" file. At that point I thought my cable was gone, but eventually the computer found the drivers needed and everything was fine.

THANK YOU FOR THIS TUTORIAL!

@TONCORONEL After I recoded the cable I used the VagCom software downloaded in the kit posted by FANTOMEL. The software version is 704.1, and the cable worked fine. (I have a 704.1 cable)

I think you should get another software for your cable to work with your new recoded cable.

I didn't try to use the cable with the software it came with because I don't want to rewrite it again.

AGAIN, THANK YOU FANTOMEL FOR THIS EXTREMELY USEFUL TUTORIAL

Salutari de la mare...

Old 06-23-2009, 22:07   #8 (permalink)

I can not do the 15. step. My device is found like: usb serial converter. In the start was the device found like usb device. Like usb serial device was found after I with program vidipdfix write default... What can i do. The driver from the vag com directory is not more useful in 15.step

What can I do? Sorry for my bad english I am Slovenian.

greetings

Old 06-24-2009, 05:01   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 883282
Sonork: DI kronoS
Thanks Meter: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugar113 View Post
Can you please...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancameo2k View Post
but try it like this:...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiSpider View Post
I used the first ...
Please keep the rules of this forum.
Complete your profiles, this is, city and country

@Fantomel, good work!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbzaloka For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2009, 07:53   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1059586
I tried the 704.1.ept file yesterday but the cable then logged an error within vag-com so I again tried it with the 805.ept and used vag-com 805.0 in stead of 805.1 and now it seems to work, did 3 auto scans and tried multiple controllers. Thanks very much

Quote:
can not do the 15. step. My device is found like: usb serial converter. In the start was the device found like usb device. Like usb serial device was found after I with program vidipdfix write default... What can i do. The driver from the vag com directory is not more useful in 15.step
You should check again the vid and pid codes, they have probably changed again, add them to the rt-usb.inf file of the vag-com driver

Old 06-26-2009, 17:16   #11 (permalink)
Insane Poster

I will make a shorter tutorial and a new archive for all software needed as soon as i have a little bit of time. It will be made step by step with images in one archive.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fantomel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 17:47   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomel View Post
I will make a shorter tutorial and a new archive for all software needed as soon as i have a little bit of time. It will be made step by step with images in one archive.
would be very grateful to you, if you will do that

lp

Old 07-11-2009, 18:35   #13 (permalink)

Member: 891127
Thanks Meter: 3
thank you,work with my clon interface

Old 07-11-2009, 20:00   #14 (permalink)

Member: 912625
Thanks Meter: 1
"All the above instructions work for VCDS 805.0 and 812.4 if you have the .ept file for it to program with mprog 2.8 not newer." what do you mean by that?

Old 07-12-2009, 12:16   #15 (permalink)

Member: 1073023
Hi,

I have a cable that until yesterday worked with 607.3-UD.
Now it just reads "USB Device". I tried your guide, but I get stuck at step 12, the vidpidfix.exe just fails because it cant find some ft8u245.dll.

Can you help?

Closed Thread