Thread: FAQs
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 03:16   #1 (permalink)
Braycel
Super Moderator

Member: 813309
Thanks Meter: 1,912
FAQs

What are the requirements for Qualcomm Toq?
Android™ Smartphone (version 4.0.3; Jelly Bean and above preferred) and Bluetooth® wireless technology.

What is Mirasol?
The Qualcomm® Mirasol™ display represents a significant advance in mobile display technology. It utilizes reflected light to create its images instead of the backlight typical of display technologies today. The reflective nature of the display makes it extremely low power, enabling a paradigm-busting always on use case that is perfectly complemented by the fact that it is visible even in bright sunlight. Toq owners will agree; it is truly visibly different.

How do I turn the display on or off? Where is the on/off button?
The Mirasol display is always on and does not require an on off switch, giving you access to your information at a glance.

How do I view the display in the dark?
Because the Mirasol display uses reflective light, Qualcomm Toq uses a front light integrated into the display for illumination in limited light. The light can be turned on by a simple double tap of the watch strap just above the watch face.

How susceptible to damage is the watch?
The paradigm for smartwatches is still developing as many are worried about damage to the watch and are more or less comparing it to the utility of existing fitness-based watches. Although certain features such as scratch resistance is included with Qualcomm Toq, smartwatch users should be reminded to take care of the device as it would with any other premium mobile technology (i.e. smartphone), or premium watch designed as a style/fashion piece.

How long does one charge last?
Battery life in relation to everyday use such as viewing incoming calls, texts, emails, and social updates will be multiple days. Of course, each person’s experience will differ depending on the intensity and frequency of use.

What impact does it have on my phone battery?
As with any Bluetooth® device a smartphone is connected to, it will use the amount of energy needed to do so. However, since the smartphone display will be turned on much less frequently, the actual performance will vary according to each user.

Can I change the wristband?
No. In order for the body of the watch to be stylishly thin, electronic components are fitted inside the band to provide power to the display from the battery in the clasp.

Why does the activity clock face appear to update my activity points more slowly than the Activity applet?
In order to provide maximum battery life, the Activity clock face does not update in real time. You can expect to see the watch face update your activity points at least every minute as the time updates. To view activity points in real time use the activity applet.

Page generated in 0.07334 seconds with 7 queries