View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 01:39   #1 (permalink)
Braycel
Super Moderator

Member: 813309
Thanks Meter: 1,910
Resetting your Toq

Thought I would post this up in case someone else runs into this issue. Today was a little scary for my Toq as I had an odd issue with it.

As usual, I get lots of notifications on my Toq... However, today when I felt the vibration of an incoming notification, I looked at the Toq to discover a blank screen. Nothing, zilch, nada was displayed on the watch... No time, no message, It was as if it was completely off. I tried the front light and it worked fine, I tried sending myself a message (from another phone) and I felt the vibration again from the incoming notification. The Toq was still on and connected, just the screen was "off" and blank.

I tried putting it on the charger to see what would happen and nothing. The light on the charger changed color, signifying that it recognized the Toq and was charging it, but the screen remained blank.

At this point, I thought the screen on my poor Toq had died and emailed Toq support through their website contact form. To my surprise, I received a reply within minutes (like 3 minutes!) Instructing me to try resetting the Toq by pressing the small reset button buried in the small hole on the back of the watch. To reset, you need to press this button 5 times, the front light will blink each time you hit the reset button.

THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ON THE TOQ! This factory resets the Toq, just so you know before you do it! This means you will have to download and install any updates back on the Toq after resetting it.

Thankfully, this trick worked and my screen came back on... Good as new . Just thought I would share for anyone else that runs into this issue!
The Following User Says Thank You to Braycel For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.09836 seconds with 7 queries