View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 19:57   #146 (permalink)
KrzychuG
No Life Poster

Member: 25996
Thanks Meter: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by orx View Post
Both in my opinion have minus and pro but at the end are equivalent .. just one thing easyjtag wrote that soon will be implemented the standard UFS and Nand (iphone). this is very interesting....
I wouldn't hold on to that too much until it'll be implemented. I've seen info like this almost a year ago with other box, and easy-jtag team also was talking about it quite some time ago. Yet it's still not supported by any box we're using. If your goal is to have UFS support, then it would be better just to wait. Luckily UFS support is not mandatory as chips itself are better quality and for in case of data recovery, most phones that has UFS are encrypted anyway.

From my experience (i've been using easy-jtag before and currently have UFI) i find easy-jtag to be a bit more user friendly. UFI has some extra features, like partitioning SD card, working with EDL/9008 mode etc but miss some pinouts for ISP for devices available in Europe. Support, for european users is not as good, updates slowed down and i couldn't get ISP adapter to connect with any device so far and i've no idea why. Easy-jtag error messagess were easier to understand for me.
What i like about UFI is it's speed, pin detection and adapters for eMMC (it's sometimes a pain in the *** to align the eMMC correctly but they're handy and speeds are great), but new easy-jtag also has that. I bought UFI because easy-jtag was no longer available and easy-jtag plus was not yet released.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KrzychuG For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page generated in 0.08298 seconds with 8 queries