View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 09:29   #44 (permalink)
yellow_spider

Member: 2963712
Thanks Meter: 0
Thank you. Although I had some thinking time to manage to fix this myself away from desk after much trial/error.

Yes you were correct "going around in circles" I would say.

For your question phone is 5044Y-2AE8GB1 , when new was locked to UK EE network. It was correctly unlocked (when contract expire) with those Ebay code, this did work I remember seeing phone with previous owner before she give to me. Then accident last year with flash data etc.

I have actually fixed this myself! With your help though and some careful reading.

I did this:

I used the newer 5044 set I got (I think from firmwarebd site) , because this is only preloader one that ever worked for me. The system image of this is Claro SouthAmerica.

I choose not to flash the supplied secro and simlock and I use the ones you kindly provided above for me.

So summary with SPFlash:

Chose format all+download (because nothing to lose)

Select everything from stock 5044A apart from secro+simclock
Select your simlock and secro

Flash all in with that.

Phone alive but no IMEI still. I have baseband and other things just IMEI absent. Baseband was saying "MT6737M" in settings.

But I was not asked for network PIN so your files did work, thank you

I left for a bit with / without SIM but not pick anything from OPT (what this means? unless "option")

I then try the ModemMeta tool I try various db files all complain but eventually for some reason ( ! ) when I choose to read IMEI instead of reading 0000 it reads the correct one out.

Note: SNWrite and MauiMeta complain either timeout or complain about DB, I could not find exact DB very close but not exact.

Anyway when I saw ModemMeta had 'read and show me' correct IMEI I try to write back, it says failed but I read it again and it shows number, so I think "OK lets leave it"

Restart phone, IMEI present in settings (correct number) , try three different UK sims providers, all OK none ask for Network Code. Tested call on valid active one, working.

Am happy with the Claro system.img for now because I know can flash in just the Orange PL one (from this topic) if needed but once 'bloatware' removed from Claro all is OK. Tested

Only strange thing I do see:

In settings > regulatory/safety:

Model is showing 5044A (this does not matter work fine!)
CU Reference says " NA " (this is proinfo data ?)
Baseband I think OK because calls / sms / data work
It shows "custom build" with the long jhz6737m filename I used for flash originally.

Summary: Your secro+simlock did work 100% Thank you again, I could not of done this without your assistance

Page generated in 0.08179 seconds with 8 queries