View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 00:49   #6654 (permalink)
eldavies

Member: 2474430
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenicnic View Post
Hi, I got an iPhone Xs which is badly damaged but it seems to be working in general.
But the battery has been accidentally connected to the button flex cable connector once, and it unfortunatly fits the connector. Now the buttons aren't working and the device reboots every few minutes. Even in powered off condition, a laboratory PSU shows astable/switchting consumption between 0 and 10 mA, or between 10 and 12 mA. I think it's floating. Maybe R4310 or C4310 are damaged? Or the input of the IC?
Booting up is still possible using a Lightning cable.
I have to look under the microscope but R4310 seem to be missing at all (or it's extremely small). Is it a pullup/pulldown resistor? Should have 100 ohms as far as I can tell from manual.

I just try to do data recovery but it is nearly impossible with the frequent reboots. So I'd be fine with the button/trigger being completely out of order; the device won't get repaired. That means, just removing components would be OK, as well as adding temporary bypasses. But I don't know where to start.

Thx in adv
If the phone doesn't see the home button flex it will reboot at exactly three minutes. Watchdog timer. So step one is to buy a completely new flex and just plug it in. No need to fully install. Same is true with the USB charge flex, might be worth plugging in a known good OEM APPLE flex. Or pop the board into another housing if you have one.

R4310 is critical to actually press the button however it shouldn't be the cause of the reboot, if missing it would simply act like the power button isn't pressable.

Ive found the only somewhat workable tactic for data recovery if it's insistent on rebooting every three minutes is through icloud sync. Make sure icloud size is big enough, it has access to wifi, and just let it loop. Maybe others have better tactics...

It's gonna have 2-3 minutes each reboot - not enough to upload the large video files but decent chance of getting most of the other stuff - eventually.

Page generated in 0.08479 seconds with 7 queries