View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 14:29   #48 (permalink)
1amigo
No Life Poster

Member: 23587
Thanks Meter: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_boy View Post
measure without oscilloscope? you must be joking! how can you test if the 32khz crystal is working? how can you measure if the VTXO 26 MHZ crstal is working?without a oscilloscope!!!new NOKIA BB5 use 38 MHZ! BTW VTXO means Volatge Control Temperature compensensation osillator! Wat you talking is about impedance measurement! those who know basic of electronic understand it! RED probe put to ground is call reverse impedance! formula solution??? don joke... post here if you know what is sleepclk, sleepx PURX! C-bus, D-bus etc!
Small_boy,
(1) Oscilloscope is an expensive instrument and not everyone can afford to buy it.
(2) Even if one can afford it and buy it, it can not be helpful in all types of faults.
(3) The thread here, shows a very useful way of finding faults though spmeone like you find it to be a very crude method, but still it is a basic method. Agreed that Like any other method, this method can also not be complete in itself, still it is a very very helpfum method. This I can say from my more than 33 years of experience n the field of repairing various electronics items.
(4) TO your surprise, may be, I would go even a step further and narrate more cruder methods of fault findings, (it may not appeal your mind though!!) , but it is a fact that before taking up any equipment or tool to start fault finding, we may first make use of our senses of seeing (looking for missing parts, broken/damaged tracks etc.), touching (feeling the temp.of suspected parts), smelling (for suspecting burnt parts). Now if this basic and instinctive age old methods of Fault Finding do not look appealing to a modern Hi-Fi Engineer like you, nobody can help it, my friend.
People in our country particularly of our age can never think of needing any device like a Calculator for calculating 10 % of any amount, whereas many people (youngsters as well as elder persons) working in commercial establishments in highly developed and so called Hi-Fi countries cannot do the same calculation without a calculator at their command!!! What can anyone say about it, my friend? What I am trying to tell you is that many basic methods are still very helpful, though they may not be 100 % effective in each and every situation.
(5) It seems you are agrieved for some other reasons, may be! This I write because I don't understand why you raise questions like "post here if you know what is sleepclk, sleepx PURX! C-bus, D-bus etc!" ? Why do you need to challenge anybody or his knowledge in this forum? We may have different opinions on any subject, but why use this Nice forum for fighting? Why not you contribute something ? May be you will answer to your own questions here, if you don't mind please ?
No matter, whether you contribute or not, please don't discourage others who are trying to share their own knowledge and experience unless you find the posts misguiding or likely to cause any damage ......please ......
BEING POLITE HELPS !!!!!!!!

Page generated in 0.07486 seconds with 7 queries