Thanks Meter: 18,268
Donate money to this user
[ MP3 & Mp4 ] - Recover Dead

Here is a small guide to recover your Dead MP3-4 Player

By Tadad of Code:
www.mympxplayer.org

Originally Posted at Code:
http://www.mympxplayer.org/dead-play...ide-vt567.html

If you have tried to upgrade your player with the wrong firmware and you find it no longer turns on or is not recognised by your computer this guide may help you to restore your player. I suggest you read the whole guide before starting so that you understand what you are about to do and have everything you need. It is not fool proof there are no guarantees. If you have backed up your players firmware you have a much greater chance of succeeding if not then you will have to search for a firmware version that is compatible with your player. Look for versions that have the same features as yours and similar layouts and menu pictures. If you know the version number then look for that version. If you do not then get a few versions

First arrange a space near your PC where you can work. Make sure that your player is switched off and disconnected from your PC. You will need a fine screwdriver and a pair of metal tweezers. If you do not have any tweezers a second fine screwdriver or a bent paperclip even will do. I suggest that those without a firmware backup download a selection before starting.

Remove the 4 screws 2 on either side of your player.

Gently remove the stainless steel backing taking care not to lose the switch from the top of the player

Now connect your player to your PC and turn it on.

Using the tweezers or other metal item gently make a connection between the pins on one side of the chip. I have found this can be quite random you may also have to do it a few times.

Last edited by RNC_EBM; 11-24-2008 at 22:48. Reason: Changed Title
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Mohsin-* For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked

Page generated in 0.09210 seconds with 7 queries