Old 02-22-2009, 18:41   #4 (permalink)
sniper007
No Life Poster

Member: 722656
Sonork: 100.1584918
Thanks Meter: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashraf_bcs View Post
Don't formay cause it will still ask for security code, hard reset would make you loose everything on the phone..that's bad..=)
Hope you have your usb cables with you, then follow this(I've tested this on n95 8gb, n82, 6500s) BB5 phones tested, haven't tried this one with earlier models

First up, google Nemesis Service suit v 1.0.38.14 or later, download, install then run the application.(I think you can find it here in dotsis, can't upload, have no account..)

Then connect your phone in pc suite mode( use your usb cable). But don't open the pc suite.

Go to NSS then click the magnifying glass button on the top right, it's the scan for new device button.

After your device is found, click the phone info button, top left area. Then click permanent memory tab at the bottom right.
Tick the button 'to file' then click the read button on the right side next to it.

After it is done, open up the directory where you installed nss and find the pm folder, the directory should look like this:

C:\Program Files\NSS\Backup\pm

there will be a pm file there with your phones IMEI(serial number) as the file name, open it with notepad. (ex.1234567890123456.pm)

Find this: [309]
// search for the whole [309] string and not just the number ok?//
easier if you would use the find tool with notepad, CTRL+F

You will be taken to the line with that string.

A few lines ABOVE it you will find this line:
5=31323334350000000000

Here is your lock code..=)
well not all of those digits, it's in this format:
3 a1 3 a2 3 a3 3 a4 3 a5 0000000000000000
in the case above, the lock code would be 12345 (a1a2a3a4a5)
which is the default lock code,
write yours down and try not to forget it again..=)

close nss, then remove your phone,
change it in your settings..no need to elaborate on that..
you may be experinecing troubles like this:
even if you typed the correct code you'll still be getting a code error message, I've experienced this with my friend's 6500slide, he previously inputed so many codes before he gave me his phone and I think this is the cause for it, I just inputed the correct code several times, rebooted and repeated the process, reboot again if necessary, take a few minutes nd a lot of patience and the code will be finally recognized..

hope this helps..
please feedback if you encounter problems along the way, and also if anyone has tried this on earlier models, we might learn something new.=)

link to download nss:

download

r u sure. "Then connect your phone in pc suite mode( use your usb cable). But don't open the pc suite." if there is password on the phone then how u do it???????????and if you know that password then y u need to do it????????????

plz explain, i am sure you have some explanation for it as you said that you have tested it on few phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to sniper007 For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.08107 seconds with 7 queries