View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 02:04   #63 (permalink)
Mesmurized

Member: 1368029
Thanks Meter: 3
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

My 1st post

I have a 3GS that takes long (too long I think) to fully charge. From a complete discharge (shut off automatically) it takes 5 1/2 hours to reach 100% (1 1/2 hrs off + 3 hrs in standby). My research indicates this is about 2X normal time and leads me to believe it only accepts 500ma and not the higher 1amp charge. Also, the charger does not get warm like it does with the 3G. A 3G charges in less than 1/2 the time.

Note: I purchased this 1 yr-old 3GS a couple weeks ago and noticed this. So, 1st thing I did was replace the battery with an Apple original. Charging times did not change. Although this setup worked fine on my 3G, I also tried different Apple chargers/cables without success.

I plan to replace the dock connector because the water sensor is a bit pinkish. Note: the other sensors are white showing any water was minimal.

Any ideas?

Also, the battery display appears to go from 100 to 90 quickly (10-15 min), but thereafter it's normal. A complete charge yields 5-6 hrs with wifi on, bluetooth on, push on, email, safari, etc. I assume this is normal for a 3GS.

Last edited by Mesmurized; 08-13-2010 at 02:14.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mesmurized For This Useful Post:

Page generated in 0.09165 seconds with 7 queries