GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > DC Unlocker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2017, 15:08   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2707767
Thanks Meter: 0
NXT AL10 network/data interruption after HCU MEID repair fail

Hello everyone,

I have a pb with my mate 8 NXT-AL10. Originally, this is a chinese version with international ROM C900 (used in France).

I wanted to have EMUI 5 so first I changed oem info with european oem (C432), then flashed the C432B192 rom and did the auto update to C432B560. So far so good, EMUI 5 working fine except that I could not enable bluetooth anymore...

So I tried to rollback, but fastboot did not want me to flash B192 anymore. After trying for a whole weekend everything possible I finally used DC phoenix and did an image restore using the NXT-AL10_M00A102_Factory_firmware_Global_Nonspecific_A ndroid_6.0_EMUI_4.0
dgtks image they provide in the support area.

After this my phone was on a EMUI 2 (android v4) with a couple low level apps. Since I could not find any stock C900 rom and I knew my AL10 was chinese, I flashed a C00B368.

Emui 4.1 working but my EMEI info was 0000000000000 and S/N something like 0123456789ABCDEF so I used HCU to repair EMEI1 and EMEI2 and S/N.

After which I upgraded via auto update to B386 and then B577.

So now I was using a chinese rom which was fine since I reinstalled all my apps and uninstalled the chinese ones.

But then I realized that the MEID shown in phone info was not the one written on my phone's packaging.

I launched HCU again and used CDMA repair to repair MEID but the operation failed ('repair MEID fail' message)

Ever since the mobile network and data have had interruptions. It seems random and happens mostly when the screen is locked or when I've been using WLAN for some time.

Some time it goes back on but I cannot force it using plane mode then turning it off, disabling/enabling mobile data, 4G, even disabling SIM card and enabling it again, fiddling with data providers, etc, nothing works to force enabling network again. It seems that restarting the phone and re-entering PIN code works at times, but I'm not even sure it is a constant.

I tried everything, every settings, reflashing, roamed the internet, I finally managed to flash a C900 rom and my phone is almost the same as before I started all this.

I tried to repair MEID again and always the same error 'repair MEID fail'.

My question is: have I bricked my phone ? should I have avoided using CDMA repair at all ? Is there a working way of repairing MEID to input the original value again ? Is it even related to MEID at all ?

Thanks !

NXT AL10 network/data interruption after HCU MEID repair fail
Old 04-23-2017, 17:59   #2 (permalink)

From what I've read the MEID is the real unique ID of my NXT AL10, therefore is it possible that the new MEID attributed (I guess) by flashing the dgtks image is used by some other people? and that every time someone connects their phone to the network it disconnects the others?
Old 04-23-2017, 19:54   #3 (permalink)

For anyone who wonders how to restore their original MEID, I just managed to do it myself. In order to do this I had to reflash the dgtks image, launch the basic EMUI 2 system and repair MEID from there using HCU CDMA. I'll keep you posted if it solves my initial problem too
Old 04-24-2017, 06:40   #4 (permalink)

Well it did not solve my pb but I think I finally understood what's happening (maybe). It seems that I only have 4G, whenever I switch it off I have no network. My phone cannot call and not be called. If I call it from another phone, I hear the ringing tonalilties in the other phone's speaker but my phone does not ring. If I try to call from my phone it just fails after some time. If I turn off 4g on my phone and call it from another one then it's like I turned the phone off, no more ringing tonalities in the caller phone speaker...

I don't know what I did wrong, if anyone has an idea it would be very welcome...
Old 04-24-2017, 07:53   #5 (permalink)

Finally I found this thread :

{{forum xda-developers com domain name (sorry cannot post links yet)}}/mate-8/help/network-issue-dc-phoenix-factory-image-t3510310/page8

It seems I need a backup of those 3 partitions for the mate 8 AL10 :

modemnvm_backup
modemnvm_factory
modemnvm_system

So if anyone is willing to help me by providing me with those from their mate 8 AL10 phone it would really save my day (and my phone).

As soon as I flash them I swear I will restore my original EMEI/EMEI2/MEID/Serial to their original values which I still have.

Please MP me, thanks again.

PS: if anyone from DC unlocker support team has another solution please tell me
Old 04-24-2017, 15:57   #6 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 2023196
Thanks Meter: 1,891
https://forum.dc-unlocker.com/forum/...request-please
Old 04-24-2017, 21:09   #7 (permalink)

Follow above link for solution. Thanks again !