GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > HDBox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 00:34   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2478873
Thanks Meter: 51
macbook a1706 unknown id

[15:31:42] -> Detect SPI starting ...
[15:31:42] -> CHIP ID: 00 EF 40 17 (W25Q64FV - 8 MB)
[15:31:42] -> Detect SPI finish.
[15:31:48] ->
[15:31:48] -> Reading SPI starting ...
[15:31:49] -> CHIP ID: 00 E7 00 03 (UNKNOWN ID)
[15:31:49] -> Reading SPI end.

already tried with battery, without battery and charger only
can anybody help?
Old 02-01-2018, 00:42   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

ok now i changed charging cable to different port but i keep getting this message

[15:40:23] -> Detect SPI starting ...
[15:40:23] -> CHIP ID: 00 EF 40 17 (W25Q64FV - 8 MB)
[15:40:23] -> Detect SPI finish.
[15:40:26] ->
[15:40:26] -> Reading SPI starting ...
[15:40:27] -> CHIP ID: 00 EF 40 17 (W25Q64FV - 8 MB)
[15:40:51] -> Reading data done. Stats:
[15:40:51] -> Data: 8388608 bytes
[15:40:51] -> Time: 24.64 s, avg speed: 340.45 KB/s
[15:40:51] -> Verifying data starting...
[15:40:55] -> Max retrys(10) used @ 00038000
[15:40:55] -> Reading SPI end.

what does that mean? max retrys?
in the middle of verification the red light starts blinking
hdb plz help
Old 02-01-2018, 02:31   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

ill answer my own question just in case anybody has the same problem.....i unchecked auto verify and i manage to delete all locks.....only problem now is macbook wont turn on. im guessing the auto verify is there to make sure nothing goes wrong.....but i dont know so i am hoping for an answer from the hdb team
Old 02-01-2018, 13:19   #4 (permalink)
HDB
No Life Poster

Member: 1300847
Thanks Meter: 547
Hello,

Auto-verify is there to ensure that the image that is read from the chip is correct, and when updating it back it wont be written corrupted, doing any operations without it is risky.

Unlock iCloud Lock 4 digit / 6 digit | HDB Team <- Especially Troubleshooting #3 (bottom of page)

In our HOW-TO we listed 12 possible combinations or batter / charger / computer status, and customers have to try each one of them until they find the right one for the respective computer. Sometimes even same model with exact same EMC will act different depending on the firmware version present on the logic board, so we give wider instructions that can guide you in this process, no matter what model / emc / firmware is running.

Now back to your issue. The fact you write the chip without verify is a bit risky, but if the communication and the mac is not fighting with HDBOX to control the chip, then everything is fine. To boot up the mac, you could try this : remove battery / charger / SPI adaptor from board, wait 15 seconds, connect charger and wait to see light on it change, power on computer, plugin the battery while computer is running. Then TurnOff the mac, wait a bit, and and press power, now should boot directly, and you can close it up.

Best Regards,
HDBOX Support Team.
Old 02-01-2018, 22:09   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

computer doesnt start at all now....i know auto verify is important but i tried almost all combinations and nothng worked....only way it actually worked was with auto verify off....anyway i can repair the issue of i not turning on?
Old 02-02-2018, 10:06   #6 (permalink)
HDB
No Life Poster

Hello there,

First take a deep breath and do not worry, Now that you have written an image that most likely is corrupted, the recover process is not very easy, but we are here to help you.

In order to recover your mac we will need a couple of things from you ( you can give this by a PM or mail to [email protected] )

1) Mac Computer Model ( I can see its a1706, but just to confirm it) :
2) Mac Computer EMC number ( Like EMC 3071 / 3163 ) :
3) A backup file of your current chip content ( connect HDBOX again, and read it, save as backup1.hdb )
4) (Optional) A Second backup file, but first click unload image and read it again. This will help us
5) (Optional, but of great value) The Image that you have write to chip without verify, if you made a backup of it.

What we will do for your when when you give us those infos:
- We will search an working chip image for your computer model ( A Number & EMC version )
- We will manually patch it with your computer id extracted from those backups
- Unlock this new image, so it does not have any password / icloud lock
- Send you this file, and all you have to do is flash it back to chip using our HDBOX. After updating the chip image with the new image we prepare for you, you perform an SMC reset on the mac, and the mac now should be working and be a happy free mac.

Best regards,
HDBOX Support Team.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:41   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2806571
Thanks Meter: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard_king2612 View Post
computer doesnt start at all now....i know auto verify is important but i tried almost all combinations and nothng worked....only way it actually worked was with auto verify off....anyway i can repair the issue of i not turning on?
Hi.
I have tested in two a1706 and it works the reading and writing, with the macbook turned on and put the adapter, keep the button off, and do the reading and writing without releasing the touchid.
The Following User Says Thank You to luistobcn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2018, 22:26   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDB View Post
Hello there,

First take a deep breath and do not worry, Now that you have written an image that most likely is corrupted, the recover process is not very easy, but we are here to help you.

In order to recover your mac we will need a couple of things from you ( you can give this by a PM or mail to [email protected] )

3) A backup file of your current chip content ( connect HDBOX again, and read it, save as backup1.hdb )
4) (Optional) A Second backup file, but first click unload image and read it again. This will help us
5) (Optional, but of great value) The Image that you have write to chip without verify, if you made a backup of it.

- We will search an working chip image for your computer model ( A Number & EMC version )
- Send you this file, and all you have to do is flash it back to chip using our HDBOX. After updating the chip image with the new image we prepare for you, you perform an SMC reset on the mac, and the mac now should be working and be a happy free mac.

Best regards,
HDBOX Support Team.

thank you, i will be doing this today
Old 02-08-2018, 18:56   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Hello there,

Best regards,
HDBOX Support Team.
MACBOOK A1706
EMC 3071
CURRENT CHIP CONTENT
*Link removed* - Protect your mac SN

I was not able to get a second back up and this file is what i wrote into the chip.
please let me know if theres anything else i can provide so you guys can help me

Last edited by HDB; 02-09-2018 at 09:44.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizard_king2612 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 09:43   #10 (permalink)
HDB
No Life Poster

Quote:
MACBOOK A1706
EMC 3071
CURRENT CHIP CONTENT
*LINK REMOVED*

I was not able to get a second back up and this file is what i wrote into the chip.
please let me know if theres anything else i can provide so you guys can help me
Hello,

We cconfirm that we downloaded the image and already pass it to engineering dep. They are trying to find a compatible donor file for your mac and patch them together. We will get back to you when file is ready.

We will pm a download link later on today,
Best regards,
HDBOX Support Team.
The Following User Says Thank You to HDB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 19:33   #11 (permalink)
HDB
No Life Poster

Hello again,

We have send you a PM with download link. If any issues, we will be around tomorrow even if it is weekend.

Best regards,
HDBOX Support Team.
Old 02-09-2018, 21:02   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Hello again,

We have send you a PM with download link. If any issues, we will be around tomorrow even if it is weekend.

Best regards,
HDBOX Support Team.
i will flash it later today, i wanted to thank you for your great customer service
Old 02-10-2018, 00:21   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Hello again,

Best regards,
HDBOX Support Team.
the file worked 100%
once again thank you and amazing customer support, best box
The Following User Says Thank You to lizard_king2612 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2018, 17:07   #14 (permalink)
HDB
No Life Poster

Quote:
the file worked 100%
once again thank you and amazing customer support, best box

And also appreciate you let other customers know it We offer the good produt,and also the good service!!!

And any other customer`s doubt and issue is welcome to post on the forum also!

Thanks & Best Regards!
HDB Team