GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > MFC Team Products > iBUS Tools For Apple Watch

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2018, 06:55   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2564
Thanks Meter: 1
Apple Watch S2 can't pair after screen repl

Hi, i've replaced original screen (from donor) at Apple Watch series 2. Screen works good, but now I can't create pair between any phone and watch. When firmware restore for S2 was available i just restored watch with new FW and all was OK. Is there any way to fix an issue without flashing?

Old 05-31-2018, 16:08   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2466640
Thanks Meter: 18
Here's a method that should work, if a few conditions are met:
1- The old display (OLED) works, even though the digitizer is broken
2- The watch is not running the current version of WatchOS
3- The watch is running WatchOS 4.x
4- The iPhone is running iOS 11.x

First, install the old (broken) display on the watch.
Next, pair the watch with the phone. (WatchOS4.x and iOS 11.x will allow you to pair a watch without needing to use the digitizer)
Now that the watch is paired, turn it off and replace the display with the new one.
Turn on the watch and let it boot up completely.
On the iPhone, go to the Watch app. In Settings, select General-Software update and from there you can update the WatchOS.
After updating the WatchOS (with the new display installed!) you can reset the watch and it will be able to pair with any phone.

If you can't pair the watch without a working digitizer (for instance, the watchOS and/or iOS are too old) or the old OLED is bad
You can connect the first two connectors (display and digitizer) to the new display, and the third (light sensor and NFC) from the old display. Now you can use this two-headed m0nster to pair the watch with the phone.
Then turn the watch off, connect all 3 connectors to the new display, and proceed as above.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:05   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Yes, off cause i succesfully paired watch with broken screen, i've insalled newone, but when I try to update I always get an error
"Unable to verify update"
The WatchOS update couldn't be verified because you are not connected to th Internet.

Off cause all ok with internet

Old 06-01-2018, 15:36   #4 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 2466640
Thanks Meter: 18
Quote:
The WatchOS update couldn't be verified because you are not connected to th Internet.

You got me with that one. I haven't seen that problem.

Old 06-01-2018, 17:36   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2794635
Thanks Meter: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Yes, off cause i succesfully paired watch with broken screen, i've insalled newone, but when I try to update I always get an error
"Unable to verify update"

I got that error one time on my iPhone 8 Plus, and no matter what it wouldn’t stop saying it. For whatever reason, I switched to an iPhone 5s on the same firmware and it worked like a charm. I’ve found that the Apple Watch app is often very buggy and it needs a makeover. I’ve bricked 2 watches to the “!” Mode and it’s very frustrating because it has to be completely restored. This may just be a problem with my methods.. haha. Thanks that the ibus was there when the firmware actually worked.

Are you installing an New LCD + Digitizer or just the new digitizer by separating, regluing, etc?

Old 06-01-2018, 19:04   #6 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 79315
Thanks Meter: 6,024
There are 2 types digitizer on the market !

One was already programmed , another type was not .

So the programmed one can direct use without restore.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:42   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I replaced display module (whole module from donor), not digitizer, trouble is in the NFC chip I think. But with new module I can't pair watch and I can't update firmware even if I instal cracked, paired and install good module after that. When I had signed firmware I just reflashed watch like this and all was ok.

Closed Thread