GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 11 / iPhone 11 Pro / iPhone 11 Pro Max

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2020, 18:11   #1 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 2942751
Thanks Meter: 305
checkra1n 0.9.7 beta

Important information

This release is a beta preview and as such should not be installed on a primary device.

What’s new

Bug fixes

• Fixes an issue which prevented the GUI from detecting changes in device modes
  • Fixes an issue that caused the GUI to hang when jailbreaking some iPad models
Other changes

• Add inital Apple TV 4K support
  • Purge OTA updates on boot
  • Add support for iOS 13.3
  • Remove libimobiledevice as a dependency
  • Properly handle situations where there’s no internet connection available while bootstrapping tvOS
  • Add a Control Center shortcut for the tvOS loader app
If you are experiencing the -20, please rejailbreak with the no-substrate mode option checked in the app, and see if removing tweaks resolves your issue.
Known issues

• The Apple TV 4K will produce a -20 error, even on a successful jailbreak
Unsupported devices

Support for the following devices is experimental, and may require more attempts than usual:
  • iPhone 5s
  • iPad Mini 2
  • iPad Mini 3
  • iPad Air
Reliability on these devices will be improved in future releases.
Unsupported platforms

This beta is only available for macOS. Work is ongoing to support Linux (eta son) and Windows, which will be added in a later release.
Package managers

At the moment, checkra1n only supports installing Cydia. Support for other package managers is coming soon, and will not require a checkra1n update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_Bo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 19:58   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

www .file-up. org/grl2ytor5hzz
L I N K
The Following User Says Thank You to I_Bo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2020, 10:27   #3 (permalink)
Product Manager

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is checkra1n?
A: checkra1n is a community project to provide a high-quality semi-tethered jailbreak to all, based on the ‘checkm8’ bootrom exploit.

Q: How does it work?
A: Magic hax.

Q: Why was the beta release delayed?
A: We didn't want the release quality to end up like iOS 13.2, you deserve better.

Q: wen eta?
A: bruh we're past that.

Q: How do I use it?
A: Open the checkra1n app, and follow the instructions to put your device into DFU mode. Hax happens auto-magically from that point and the device will boot into jailbroken mode. If you reboot the device without checkra1n, it will revert to stock iOS, and you will not be able to use any 3rd party software installed until you enter DFU and checkra1n the device again.

Q: ugh, I don't like GUI?
A: ok, you can use "./checkra1n. app/Contents/MacOS/checkra1n" from the console.

Q: Is it safe to jailbreak? Can it harm my device / wipe my data?
A: We believe jailbreaking is safe and take precautions to avoid data loss. However, as with any software, bugs can happen and *no warranty is provided*. We do recommend you backup your device before running checkra1n.

Q: I have a problem or issue to report after jailbreaking.
A: Many problems and bootloops can be caused by buggy or incompatible tweaks. Remember many tweaks never saw iOS 13 in the pre-checkra1n era. If you suspect a recently installed tweak, you may attempt to enter no-substrate mode by holding vol-up during boot (starting with Apple logo until boot completes). If the issue goes away, a bad tweak is very likely the culprit, and you should contact the tweak developers.

Q: I have a problem or issue to report and I don't think it's related to a bad tweak.
A: Please check here and follow the bug report template.

Q: I lost my passcode. Can checkra1n decrypt my data or get access to a locked device?
A: No.

Q: Can I ssh into my device?
A: Yes! An SSH server is deployed on port 44 on localhost only. You can expose it on your local machine using iproxy via USB.

Q: I love the project! Can I donate?
A: Thanks, we love it too! The project does not currently take any donations. If anyone asks for donations, it's a scam.

Q: Where are the sources? I want to write a dark-mode theme and publish the jailbreak as my own.
A: checkra1n is released in binary form only at this stage. We plan to open-source later in 2020.

Q: Why do I still have jailbreak apps present after I used the 'Restore System' option in the checkra1n app and rebooted?
A: This is a known issue with how this functionality works. The apps are not installed anymore, but their icons may stay on the homescreen until iOS rebuilds its icon cache (which we have no control over in non-jailbroken mode).

Q: When is Windows support coming?
A: We need to write a kernel driver to support Windows (which is a very complex piece of code!) which will take time. Rest assured however, we are working hard on it.

Q: The checkra1n app doesn't open inside the DMG!
A: Follow the instructions in the DMG file and drag the app to the Applications folder.