GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1840344
Thanks Meter: 17
Beware!!! PayPal on the hunt for unlockers...

I have had a PayPal account for about 9 years without a problem. Recently, PayPal asked me for more information about me with utility bills and upload a photo ID. I did everything they asked, they told me they needed a rolling reserve to my account for daily sales for 180 days to continue to sell. So for every sale they took 40% and put it to the side.

Now 2 weeks later, they limited my account again and said due to their new policies they can no longer allow me to have a account while selling services for unlocking. Told me it is too high risk for them and that they will be shutting everyone down they find doing this. Basically they want me to refund $7000 back to everyone even if there service was already done and the buyer has told them it was completed. I also have a hosting company on a separate account with them that they know about. They closed that one to a couple of days later claiming hosting is starting to be to high risk.

Now some would ask how many complaints or disputes I have had on either account, on the unlocking account in 5 months I have had 4 disputes. On the hosting side, none. I have appealed 3 times to different limitation departments, had the account reviewed three times by different people and all have said per there new policies my appeal is denied. Now they could not point out this new policy to me, but only claimed it was in there.

Since this has happen this past couple of weeks, I have now hooked up with Worldpay who has no problems with this service, but still claim it to be high risk but said as long as I keep any complaints to a minimum, I will be ok. At least with WorldPay, the money is in my bank account within 24 hours and not held in a wallet like PayPal. I know I am going to lose a little business over this, but let's be serious the profit margin is not big enough to retire on in this kind of business.

So just as a heads up and a warning to everyone, they are looking for all unlockers and will be shutting you down soon. Just as a tip, do not withdraw more than $1000 a month and remove any kind of personal bank accounts and get a prepaid card with a valid checking account number. Most prepaid cards have this, as PayPal is refunding people as far back as 6 months for services already done.

Hope this helps some people.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mrg6360 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-24-2013, 09:41   #2 (permalink)

One more thing, don't be fooled if you think gift payments or such will protect you. All of those PayPal refunded on there own as deceptive services. No matter how you are getting payments through PayPal sent to you, they see it attached to any unlocking site or ebay unlocking account. Run quick...
The Following User Says Thank You to mrg6360 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 917893
Sonork: 100.1584763
Thanks Meter: 3,156
Donate money to this user
thanks for the info...................
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 91045
Thanks Meter: 8,696
Hi,

Been using paypal from 5 years ..
And Not for Small but all the big transactions i made ..i keep the paper work ..
Its upto u How you manage it or make the slips for the payment of things u bought Using paypal .. and i keep sending them in email after week or more ..
Till now never got any single complain or problem regarding this ..
So if u r using the paypal so often for this unlocking nd Stuff Do the Same for the next time .. is Good for both ways ..Your money Remains the White (well kinda legal) .. And if anyone make fraud with u over paypal they really support u and get the things right asap ( as Payapl have the poorest support in that) ....

This really helps ..

br,
Old 01-24-2013, 22:39   #5 (permalink)

Member: 1833064
Thanks Meter: 1
yeah even ebay started to change the limits of selling for unlocking codes we dont know whats next
Old 01-25-2013, 04:07   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1828197
Thanks Meter: 27
Wait, why are they refunding when the buyers haven't even asked for it? It's not their money. They're just managers. How does this make sense?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:24   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1828197
Thanks Meter: 27
Ok, I get it now. The only reason they would shut you down is if you are having a lot of chargebacks, only then you become high risk to them. So it doesn't matter if you are an unlocker, or a massage therapist; anyone who is offering a "service" (which is what unlocking is), and are not shipping an actual product to the buyer, and are getting a lot of chargebacks on your account, you are high risk to them and will be shut down, BECAUSE of the chargebacks, and not because you're an unlocker.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:48   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneunlock84 View Post
Ok, I get it now. The only reason they would shut you down is if you are having a lot of chargebacks, only then you become high risk to them. So it doesn't matter if you are an unlocker, or a massage therapist; anyone who is offering a "service" (which is what unlocking is), and are not shipping an actual product to the buyer, and are getting a lot of chargebacks on your account, you are high risk to them and will be shut down, BECAUSE of the chargebacks, and not because you're an unlocker.
I had 4 in 5 months. Had nothing to do with charge backs. They are doing this with alot of services they deem high risk. They told me I have done nothing wrong, just the services I provide have no way of verifying the service was done.

This is just a heads up, take it for what you want. If you feel that you can trust them, by all means stay with them. They will eventually get you (unless you are doing only $100 a month in sales). My mistake was doing the ebay thing and getting to many orders at once and that is one of the reasons for flagging my account. The other reason is they do not like seeing more than $1000 transferred out of your account in a month without the 60 days pass for charge backs. This is more I guess a warning for unlockers that do high sales a month, if you are doing less than $500 a month then you are probably safe (just my opinion).

Now for them refunding people up to 6 months, this had to do with they were looking to see how far back I was doing the service and they randomly started refunding, because the customer did not verify the service had been completed. This is only my assumption, because I cannot figure out any other reason.
Old 02-02-2013, 14:11   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1281680
Thanks Meter: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg6360 View Post
I had 4 in 5 months. Had nothing to do with charge backs. They are doing this with alot of services they deem high risk. They told me I have done nothing wrong, just the services I provide have no way of verifying the service was done.

This is just a heads up, take it for what you want. If you feel that you can trust them, by all means stay with them. They will eventually get you (unless you are doing only $100 a month in sales). My mistake was doing the ebay thing and getting to many orders at once and that is one of the reasons for flagging my account. The other reason is they do not like seeing more than $1000 transferred out of your account in a month without the 60 days pass for charge backs. This is more I guess a warning for unlockers that do high sales a month, if you are doing less than $500 a month then you are probably safe (just my opinion).

Now for them refunding people up to 6 months, this had to do with they were looking to see how far back I was doing the service and they randomly started refunding, because the customer did not verify the service had been completed. This is only my assumption, because I cannot figure out any other reason.

aren't you providing Invoices ?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:06   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 171307
Thanks Meter: 140
Wonder if there are any other people having such issue?
Actually in my opinion this can happen with Paypal US registered accounts if we think about unlocking. Ebay shutting down all unlockers since Jan 10th to be on safe side cause if AT&T and TMobile start sueing Ebay market , eBay wilil be in a big problem for letting unlocking work there and sell AT&T and TMobile unlocking services due to the new Law. THey would better to shut ANY unlocker down then have huge problems with Us LAW and they even do not care any Law exception or any seller that does not sell unlocking service for US operators. They have just one thing

"UNLOCK = VIOLATING POLICY "

and this is fully enough to shut down anyone there and even block paypal for this activity, cause if they flag ur account on Ebay, they can go further and block paypal as well just to stop you fully and keep away from Ebay: They are same company, dont forget about

So for this particular case, reasons could be different:
Old 02-15-2013, 03:53   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1857482
Thanks Meter: 137
Friends I think it is cause for concern because of cheaters and new laws. I too have been scammed with iPhone unlocking with a guy who purchased US250 (10 unlocks) through eBay. Luckily for me he executed his scheme too early and reported to PayPal when he saw that his iPhones were being activated. I sent invoices and PayPal refunded him his full amount. So I believe that more cases of this nature are being opened everyday.

My advice is to do a before and after iPhone check to further justify your claim if the need arise. It worked for me and again be careful because rumors are that 'big fruit company' and others are behind this move to bring in the revenue made by unlockers.
Old 02-17-2013, 15:33   #12 (permalink)

Member: 1778629
Sonork: 101.1627905
Thanks Meter: 0
All of this is very interesting. We did some AT&T iPhone unlocking on eBay back in June-Aug, 2012. Only a few, nothing too big time. Wasn't too crazy about the delay regarding purchases and funds becoming available, so decided to develop a web site.

Our site launched in Dec and then we get the "great" news in January about the legality of unlocking. We still haven't done a great amount, probably due to being new and the site not being being thoroughly indexed.

Anyway, our supplier instructed us to put a disclaimer on our site, which is still up now. It basically sums up the new law and states our position regarding the changes, etc.

Does anyone think that those still using eBay would benefit by putting up a similar disclaimer?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:14   #13 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1830644
Thanks Meter: 8
I have had the disclaimer on eBay and still had my listings removed by them.
They don't care what you say in your listing. As long as you're providing unlocking services your listing will be removed sooner or later.
When speaking with eBay rep on the phone he could not help me and simply said "if we feel like removing your listing, even if it is for no apparent reason we will do it".
I'm sure PayPal is on the same page with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to kstsn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01   #14 (permalink)

Member: 1778629
Sonork: 101.1627905
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstsn View Post
I have had the disclaimer on eBay and still had my listings removed by them.
They don't care what you say in your listing. As long as you're providing unlocking services your listing will be removed sooner or later.
When speaking with eBay rep on the phone he could not help me and simply said "if we feel like removing your listing, even if it is for no apparent reason we will do it".
I'm sure PayPal is on the same page with them.
I see, thanks for filling me in and sorry to hear about the end results with eBay.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02   #15 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 1563280
Sonork: 100.1615119
Thanks Meter: 16
so whats the final solution. Is there a finishing solution for this kinda problems as I've added this gateway on my site and I'm a new user altogether.

I'll be glad if somebody can answer this in detail.
Thanks in advance