GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > The Market Place > The Market Feed Back

The Market Feed Back Write here your feedback and your Comments about buyers, sellers or Product Feed Back, Read Carefully The Related Rules for this Section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 14279
Thanks Meter: 35
Does false advertising stands for cheating? Fenix-Key insulting it's coustumers.

Well, i asked the admins opinion and also coustumers opinion about this story.

On 06 april Fenix Key team announced in sales section new SLAP 2.0 with new hot features, like ati radeon 6xxx cards supported for LBF calculation.
Post in sales section can be found here:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f475...-6xxx-1242289/

One of this feature was and i quote:
- Mixed system supported such as ATI 6xxx and 5xxx cards together.

The image of this advertise can be seen here:

Also same thing can be seen on their Official Site here:
Fenix Key HOT update is available.

Since i was in need to replace one of my 5970 cards from one of my PC's and since i've read in mr. Lavarow's Post in sales section that mixed cards are supported in crossfire on the same PC system, i've decided:

1. to buy one Fenix key.
2. to buy one 6990 ati radeon card to mix/crossfire with my existing 5970 card.

Fenix key arrived yesterday and working. Same with the 6990 card.
The problem was that i'vw later found out that ATI 6xxx cards cannot be crossfired with older 5xxx cards.

Information can be found here:
http://sites.amd.com/PublishingImage...hart_1618W.jpg

When visiting back the discussion thread on SLAP 2.0 it was strange to see that the original post was edited by mr. Lavarow on 07.04 and that the feature that made me buy his product (- Mixed system supported such as ATI 6xxx and 5xxx cards together.) was REMOVED.

Last edited by Lavarow; 04-07-11 at 05:56.

The post can be seen here: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f656...-6xxx-1242288/

So i've asked mr. Lavarow in the same thread if what he first posted in sales section is real.

His answer can be found here:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/7175246-post138.html

and i quote:
We not tested this. You can ask on ATI/AMD forums:

AMD Game Forums - Radeon Graphics

BR,
Lavarow

Later the discussion degenerated and some of my posts (answers to questions a user on the forum asked me) were repeatedly deleated by mr. Lavarow.

Original posts can be seen here:

and here:

In my last post that was deleted i asked mr. Lavarow to admit in public that he made a mistake when first posting that we can crossfire 5xxx with 6xxx cards.

That was the only demand i asked for him, because sollution for me was simple: buy another 6990 card and crossfire it witht he one i've already have.

Insted of this i got only insults - the post was deleted, but the content is here:

---Quote (Originally by Alinus)---
@mobicom.
well take a look here, in the attached picture

they advertise on their site and in sales section as supported, but it proofs it's not.
---End Quote---
You are horny or you have wet panties ? About what sales section you talk ? Really I think you need go to doctor. If you will still spam in our section you will banned.

No regards
Lavarow

Some other insults and threats were made in private messages.

So I am asking the ADMINS and the other members of this forum:
Is it normal to advertise in sales section a feature of a product that is FAKE?
Does a Fake feature posted in Sales section of this forum can be called CHEATING?
Is there something Admins can do about this?
Is it normal for posts to be deleted when a user askes about this particular feature that is FAKE?
Is is normal for a user to be threaten to be banned when what he says is the truth but is not in the interest of a product suporter (mr. Lavarow)?

Best regards.

PS. i was not interested in posting this in market feedback section. at fist i was only interested in solving my problem with the software i've bought and after to simply make mr. lavarow admit that he made a mistake. nothing more. but since my posts were repeatedly deleated i believe mr lavarow behaviour is not a simple mistake, it's a way of doing bussines and a way to treat his coustumers. a BAD way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alinus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 12:11   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 16107
Sonork: 100.58402
Thanks Meter: 26,411
just my few cents

mistake happens as we all are humans not machines

post is deleted or edited that means he dont want others to do same mistake as yours

and as far as i know ATI 5870 and 5970 can be crossfired so author have same thing in mind and its quite logical that 5970 and 69xx should work too but ..

br
SiRoYa
The Following User Says Thank You to SiRoYa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 18:02   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@ siroya

I agree that mistakes happends.
Sometimes a product manager might write something that later proves it's not working. I admit and accept that.
Even if the rules from the gsm news&updates area are clear:

[12]The section created for true and real updates, .. Fake updates or promises only, will cause a ban for 7 days.

But if posts are deleted means mostly that someone's trying to hide those mistakes to avoid bad publicity to his product . A simple "contact me to try help you solve the problem" or something similar instead of insults and deleting posts would have been a better approach.
Old 04-10-2011, 18:22   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 347720
Sonork: xxx
Thanks Meter: 204
this is not big problem,topid need closed
sell one in two ,buy same
and i think u need sell 5970 buy 6990 better
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freedomqn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 18:38   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 971825
Sonork: dtgsm
Thanks Meter: 7
Thread should be cloooooooooooooooooosed
The Following User Says Thank You to dt9ja For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 18:39   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1057178
Sonork: Kfe~Labs Co.-
Thanks Meter: 568
Fenix Key Slap 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinus View Post
@ siroya

I agree that mistakes happends.
Sometimes a product manager might write something that later proves it's not working. I admit and accept that.
Even if the rules from the gsm news&updates area are clear:

[12]The section created for true and real updates, .. Fake updates or promises only, will cause a ban for 7 days.

But if posts are deleted means mostly that someone's trying to hide those mistakes to avoid bad publicity to his product . A simple "contact me to try help you solve the problem" or something similar instead of insults and deleting posts would have been a better approach.

This Link is true, just wait the final version!!!
Now we work with beta version and some bug will be fixed.
In Hours or maybe tomorrow all bug found are fixed.
And...Wait for Final Verson. This is a Only a beta version..

SLAP Beta Version 2.0

relax

B/R

Polaco
The Following User Says Thank You to el-polaco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 18:41   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 52597
Thanks Meter: 275
Genuine small time users of this forum are the heart and soul of this site and also GSM market
Product supporters are rude in general to genuine users. Posts, threads get deleted with no reason given.
You spend your hard earned money on their products and are not allowed to voice your concerns/feedback regarding the same
GSM market, their products and product supporters suck (except for a few)
Old 04-10-2011, 18:45   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 922305
Sonork: 100.1580089
Thanks Meter: 8,995
Alinus I feel smell from you Clowns Brothers Team (everybody knows about who I'm talking) - but this is normal I like person with head problems, dont worry

BTW: This is personally question: How much Clowns Team paid for you ?

Ok, enought funny words.

1. I deleted all your post because you still spamming (more and more) like a moron.
So I think users like you should be banned. But this is Moderators and Admins decisions.

2. I dont wrote ANYWHERE that you must use crossfire. If you know how to use computer, internet and google (but now I see you dont know), you can very simple find how to split cards 5xxx and 6xxx using dummy adapters.

BTW: Where you find my posts in SALES sections ? Because I cant find this - strange, maybe too much alcohol in your body fluid

I dont want waste my expensive time to find more your funny and stupid with no sense "words".

When you start think like normal person, and ask me like normal person I can help you but at the moment I suggest you think twice before you write anything.

Good Luck and Have Fun in the circus

No Regards
Lavarow

Last edited by Lavarow; 04-10-2011 at 18:50.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lavarow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 18:53   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 175945
Sonork: ziiyyaad
Thanks Meter: 704
nevermind it happens!!!!! im ready to buy ur ati 5970 if you offer good price, u can buy another 6990 then!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 19:07   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 947561
Thanks Meter: 14,053
If you read again all the post you are showing the screenshoots, noone of them talks about crossfire.
The crossfire is not essential for the BF software, you can use (Obviously solving the issues related to the drivers compatibility) as well mixed configuration with ATI and Nvidia cards with other software.
The dummy monitor solution is well new too and used to manage a 3rd card on double 5970 systems to have 5 or more gpus available (Just have a deep look in the Ivan golubev website and on some threads here as well on gsmhosting)
I Think this thread needs only to be closed now Looks like all the dispute is based on a declaration never made and on the request to admit an error never done.

BR

Alex
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moulnisky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 21:32   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavarow View Post
BTW: This is personally question: How much Clowns Team paid for you ?
Lavarow

You start sounding like Raskal and Manole. No one paid me nothing.

When you post that your software can do this and that it's your job to prove and support your coustumers how to do this and that. Not insulting them since they put money in your pocket when buying your software.
Just explain your customers how SLAP 2.0 works on mixed 5xxx and 6xxx and you will have my appologies and i will ask moderators to delete all my posts regarding this matter.

Your post you were talking about is in gsm update section, my mistake.
Old 04-10-2011, 21:40   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 947561
Thanks Meter: 14,053
How to make a Dummy VGA Dongle - techPowerUp! Forums

BR

Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to moulnisky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 23:57   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1057178
Sonork: Kfe~Labs Co.-
Thanks Meter: 568
Slap 2.0

Quote:

When you post that your software can do this and that it's your job to prove and support your coustumers how to do this and that. Not insulting them since they put money in your pocket when buying your software.
Just explain your customers how SLAP 2.0 works on mixed 5xxx and 6xxx and you will have my appologies and i will ask moderators to delete all my posts regarding this matter.

You must be banned !!!
You talk about the Fenix can not.
You can ask for help to learn how to do it (Cross)
But it is easier to fight, saying nonsense words, and kill their ignorance ..

No Regards

Polaco
Old 04-11-2011, 00:13   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 563
Thanks Meter: 22,328
Quote:

Alinus, first of all i don't know why you involve my name toghether with manole's...

about wrong advertisement, i can tell you that all teams make "mistakes" in advertisement some times, latest example is here;
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/7183362-post127.html

or here:
gsmhosting itself makes wrong advertisments and even charge you money for this. buy one account here http://www.gsmlib.com/ pay for this account, buy some "emulators" , "cracks" and the result will be, dead pkey and jaf box and also some trojan, and all this from trustable gsmhosting wich belongs to Gsm Hosting Ltd, Hong Kong

yes it's wrong that lavarow delete post, but you are wrong making such a trouble for nothing. take it as it is, wait next update and thats all, if you talk normal with lavarow he will reply you normal and professional back.

B.R.,
Raskal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raskal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@raskal
Pentru ca, Razvane, cine se aseamana se aduna. Cand il vad pe Lavarow ca vede peste tot numai conspiratii mi-aduc aminte de voi doi. Daca pui niste intrebari mai incomode lumea prefera sa te acuze de combinatii. Fara suparare, ia-o prieteneste, ca nu am chef sa ma cert cu tine . Apropos de suparari, stii ca si dupa 7 ani sunt banat de pe forumul tau?

yes, all teams make mistakes. this thing i accept and have no problem with it. The problem is the way some teams handle them. If you are not a native english speaker and what you write can be missunderstood by your customers, the better way is to help and provide usefull information and not to insult them. When you start insulting your customers and delete their posts i can think that either you do not want to provide support or you have something to hide.

@moulinsky.
Helpfull as always even when is not your support section. 10x. Since the last two days were weekends, i was unable to get some 75 ohm resistors. Got them today and made the thing. 5970 is enabled now in Catalyst same as 6990.
But lavarow's software cannot initialise the calculation with those two cards toghether. I've changed the clock speed for 6990 from 830 to 725 mhz, but still no luck. will keep trying.

I repeat - when Lavarow will provide the proof and information that 5xxx and 6xxx cand work on his slap 2.0 i will personaly ask moderators to delete this thread and appologise to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alinus For This Useful Post: